“Great service!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: The Broker Restaurant is one of the oldest dining institutions in Denver. Located in the basement of what was once the Denver National Bank Building, this restaurant has become an international destination for old world dining. Prepare to indulge in a huge bowl of peel and eat Gulf shrimp that comes with every dinner entree. They are still famous for their elegant private dining and business dinners. Make sure to ask to tour the old vault and numerous private dining rooms.
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The atmosphere is really unique. The shrimp appetizer was really good. The dessert was good. The main courses were ok. The wine that the waitress recommended was wonderful. The vault was a really cool thing to see.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband and I have dined at the Broker several times, and always have a great experience. The atmosphere is quiet and brings you back to historic Denver. The shrimp bowl appetizer is a must! It could feed an army. My favorite dish is the prime rib. Hands down the best I've ever had. Full of flavor and cooked to perfection! This is a great date night/special occasion restaurant where you can enjoy excellent food, impeccable service and a good bottle of wine.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Expensive, antique atmosphere. It was supposed to be romantic but the place was empty. Too quiet. And the food was very pricey, and tasted awful. We regretted it big time. We choked down some of the ewwy food, then went to noodles and enjoyed dinner. Doing make a $100 mistake. Apparently this used to be a nice place, according to my parents and other member of the older generation. Not anymore. The coolest part was it used to be a bank volt.

2  Thank VacaJunkieGirl
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Downtown Denver has a hidden gem, located in a bank. Not sure where to start as I have been so often that I go and am delighted with the Shrimp bowl that has been offered first as an appetizer since I can't remember. I always get the Tenderloins and their awesome sauces and the differences with one with crab, and Creme Brulee or cheesecake for dessert. Nab a bottle of wine at a price that will not make you wish had robbed the bank upstairs first! I recommend coming in during the week when it s very quiet,ask to sit in the booths other side of the Vault and enjoy a bit of history!

1  Thank just_me_native_gal
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stumbled upon the Broker because we were staying at the Residence Inn across the street. The service was fantastic and so was the food. They did change their menu, so everything is a la carte, which makes for an expensive dinner. My husband's lamb came out over cooked but they quickly took it back and brought out another that was cooked to perfection. We had the bowl of shrimp, which could have fed 4 people, prime rib, lamp, and brussel sprouts. The sprouts were not good and I would not order them again. Overall everything was excellent and one of the best meals I've had in a long time. The only downside for us was not having cell service since we were away from our kids and no one could get a hold of us. Otherwise, no cell service would be a welcome change to anyone else. We can't wait to return!

2  Thank Kassi H

Been to Broker Restaurant? Share your experiences!