“This is a landmark restaurant”
Review of Broker Restaurant

Broker Restaurant
Ranked #201 of 3,019 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: The Broker Restaurant is one of the oldest dining institutions in Denver. Located in the basement of what was once the Denver National Bank Building, this restaurant has become an international destination for old world dining. Prepare to indulge in a huge bowl of peel and eat Gulf shrimp that comes with every dinner entree. They are still famous for their elegant private dining and business dinners. Make sure to ask to tour the old vault and numerous private dining rooms.
Marsing, Idaho
“This is a landmark restaurant”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We used to eat here years ago when in Denver on business. Sunday I took 13 family members there for dinner. It hasn't changed except for the menu. It isn't cheap, but it is a classic in the basement of the old bank. Dinner was wonderful after we had devoured the peel and eat shrimp that come with the meal. All of us chose the four course dinner and most ordered the prime rib. It was perfect - tender and juicy.
After dinner our waitress took the family on the tour through the vault door to the basement and up to and including the library.
It is unlike any restaurant I have been in. It is an experience and should be enjoyed at leadt once while you are in Denver.

• Visited May 2014

• Polish first
Arvada, Colorado
“Rollback April 2014”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Every April for one week only during lunch The Broker restaurant has rollback week. This year they rolled the price is back to 1971. I was able to have prime rib for $6.95 the huge bowl of peel-n-eat shrimp for $4.95 and creme brulee for dessert for a $1.75. I think their food is great they usually serve their dinner menu during lunch the special week and I have been able to try smaller portions some fabulous meals. By doing this I've gone back on a regular evening and had dinner. One of the most historic restaurants in Denver.

Lakewood, Colorado
“Delicious meal, unique atmosphere, great service”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We went to Broker with a $79 groupon, as did almost everyone sitting around us. With the groupon, the menu was limited but we still had several choices. From the four appetizers we chose the huge bowl of shrimp, which was too many to eat and still leave room for the meal. We asked to take the rest home and they boxed it for us. We had a choice of either French Onion soup or one of four salads. My husband thought the soup was fabulous, and I enjoyed the wedge salad.
Of the three main dish choices we picked the prime rib and the salmon with lobster and crab sauce. The prime rib was incredible, served with au jus and horseradish sauce The salmon was good but a bit dry. With a choice of three desserts - crème brulette, chocolate mousse and bread pudding, we chose the first two - the mousse was delicious. Included was either a bottle of house wine or $20 off another bottle of our choice. We chose the house red, and it was fine.
There were no sides, so at the suggestion of our waitress we asked to split a lobster mac & cheese. Portion was huge, as was the price - $14.
Only negatives were no cell service (I had to go upstairs to make a call), and expensive side dishes. We will definitely go again, but only with a groupon. Without it our meal would have been $179 without the tip. On the positive side, we took home four boxes of leftovers and will enjoy the same meal again tonight.

1 Thank brutus6623
Arvada, Colorado
“Easter Brunch well below average and way over priced!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Our Easter brunch at the downtown Denver broker was very disappointing. The food was very ordinary and the selections very limited. If we wanted scrambled eggs and bacon, we could have gone to Dennys a LOT less expensively. Even the juice served treated watered down and like it was out of a can. The only nice thing was good service, a nice room and the shrimp and crab. Not what we expected from the Broker. The total bill for seven of us was $375 including a 20% gratuity added in automatically. It MIGHT have been worth $150.

Des Plaines IL
“Go for the atmosphere”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I ate at Broker Restaurant with a large group of colleagues. The atmosphere is wonderful, and the drinks very good indeed, but I did not like the food at all. My table mates enjoyed the shrimp appetizer, which I being allergic could not eat. But the chicken I ordered had very little taste and was a little dry. I had my taste buds set for beef but none was offered. The creme brulee was OK; more of a flan. The meal was too expensive for what you were given. I had the Caribbean Sunset cocktail, which was delicious. The decor was great, and I had a wonderful time with my colleagues, but I would not recommend this restaurant for dinner. Great for drinks and atmosphere, though.