“Quite good, pleasant, older decor”
Review of Appaloosa Grill

Appaloosa Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Appaloosa Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 3,135 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 16th St. Mall @ Welton
Transit: Appaloosa Grill is located one block from Northbound Light Rail Station and two blocks from Southbound Light Rail Station. The Grill's front door is located at a "free mall ride shuttle stop" as well. The "Mall Ride" shuttle runs the length of downtown Denver from Union Station to the Capitol.
Description: Established in 2001, the employee owned Appaloosa Grill is a refreshingly unique choice among eateries that line the 16th St. Mall. The diverse all day menu features 100% natural meats as well as a variety of vegetarian choices.
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Pleasant lunch time beer and bison burger for casual business. Very helpful server. Ambience was good. Interior somewhat dated and holes in upholstery. Cutlery all clean and that's probably more important.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Tried the Pistachio Lemonfish due to a recommendation by another user on TripAdivsor. It was delicious with a variety of flavors. The bartender stated that the dish is his favorite as well. I would have again if in the area. This restaurant is located at the 16th Street Mall so it is a destination.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Wow! Amazing menu! I had the Pistachio Crusted Lemon Fish - I can't recommend it enough! I wish I was still in Denver so I could go back there.

Wonderful beer selection as well! If you love dark beer like me I highly recommend the Left Hand Milk Stout, creamy and dreamy!

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant due to a recommendation from our hotel. We got right in, and had a lovely waitress. We asked her for her recommendation and she steered us to the English Eggrolls. Well, she was right, they were awesome. My husband also had the green chili soup, and it was phenomenal. Everything was so good at this restaurant, and I am sure you couldn't go wrong with anything on the menu! Thanks for a great dinner!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I met up with some friends who had just arrived in Denver and we decided to go here because it was late and they were hungry- this place was very close to hotel.
We were greeted warmly and served drinks fairly quickly. I only ordered an iced tea, but friends had mixed drinks which they really liked.
They decided on some appetizers- truffle fries, some kind of empanada and something else I didn't hear when they ordered- I was too busy people watching.
The appetizers were brought out quickly, were of a good size and absolutely delicious. I was surprised I nibbled as I did...perhaps the Denver air helped sharpen my appetite?
All together the bill was about $40, which given the area and amount of food, were very reasonable. The servers were polite and attentive, the atmosphere fantastic. Over all it was a great experience.