“The Best Hampton Ever”

Ranked #18 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Moorhead, Minnesota
“The Best Hampton Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We were in town for a convention and this location is virtually next to the convention center. This is a very unusual hotel. The new and very modern building contains both the Hampton Inn and the Homeward Suites, both Hilton properties. The interior is super modern and not like most Hampton Inns. The chic factor is very high. The upper floors are for the Homeward Suites. The Hampton rooms are super rooming with modern electrically controlled shades and blinds. The room has a large entry hall with a bench and a large mirror. The bathroom is huge and the room has a fridge and a microwave. The best is the regular centralized air-handling rather than the in room unit under the window which is usually load. This was perfect for us. This is by far the best Hampton. I have a feeling that this building was formerly a swankier hotel and Homeward and Hampton just ended up there. Great place although the scrambled eggs are as bad as scrambled eggs are usually at Hampton. That is a chain issue that needs fixing. I am sure they have heard from guests about this. Just serve them to the national executive team and they will gag and fix it. The breakfast lady however was super and helpful. She is a star.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kawidd
Tom S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for your loyalty to Hampton Inn and we are thrilled you are a fan of our hotel. In an informal vote amongst our staff we selected your review title as our favorite! hank you for bringing a smile to our faces and we look forward to seeing you on your future trips to Denver.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Perfect location, near downtown activity and 16th St. Mall. Great room - great price - great amenities, including breakfast and free internet. Staff was great! It's just a couple of blocks off from 16th Street and lots of eating places and activity. Once you're on the mall, you can take advantage of the free bus rides running up and down the mall, which is a great convenience. Staff was very helpful in recommending places of interest and making sure that all my needs were met. Very friendly breakfast staff made it not so hard to get up.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Kathleen, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites in downtown Denver. I am glad you enjoyed our central location to enjoy our great city. Thank you for taking the time to share your review and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I needed a hotel that was close to downtown Denver and this was perfect! I got a great deal on groupon. There were restaurants, shopping, attractions and etc. at every corner. The hotel was brand new- being there for over a year. The outside and lobby was very hip and modern. The staff was friendly and professional. The room was excellent. Everything was perfect and I loved the decor. The free breakfast was superb. The hot potatoes, omelette, and waffles were delicious. The pool area was a little small but still nice. My next trip to Denver, I would definitely stay here again. Plus the 16th Street Mall is on the next block. 5 star

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Chawn4
Tom S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for taking advantage of our recent special offer at the Hampton Inn & Suites. It is a great day when I can share your "5-Star" review with our entire staff. I am glad we hit the mark with you and look forward to seeing you on your return trips to Denver.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

It was snowing in Denver when we arrived, and our luggage was lost by our carrier. Receptionist offered to help us with whatever we needed to make our stay comfortable. She directed us to the nearest restaurant so we didn't have to walk far in the snow. I woke up the next morning with a cold and staff in breakfast area made me a special hot tea with extra lemon to ease my discomfort. They were very kind!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tom S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown Convention Center for your recent stop in Denver. Your experience with weather, lost luggage and illness point to the fact that travel is not always easy. I am glad our team provided you with comfort and care as we are here to help make those tough days a little easier. We look forward to welcoming you again on your future trips to Denver!
Rio de Janeiro
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

In my first visit to Denver, I chose the Hampton Inn Downtown Convention Center, very close to the Convention Center and other attractions, restaurants, bars and the famous 16th Street Mall.
The hotel is very modern with a nice but small lobby. The staff is, generally, very corteous and efficient, mainly Mr. Aaron Puchan, Assistant General Manager, that made every effort to help in any doubts and problems.
The room was spacious and comfortable, although the carpet, close to bed, needed to be vacuum cleaned.
The breakfast was regular: the fruit salad bowl was almost always empty!
The parking garage staff was ok but very expensive!
But, the only big sin of this hotel is that you don't have a safe inside your room!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JackmaryRiodeJaneiro
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites for your recent visit to Denver and our Convention Center. I am glad you enjoyed being a block from your convention as well as all of the attractions of downtown. I have shared your remarks with our respective departments to address the areas that need attention. Your feedback helps us continuously improve our service for our guest. We look forward to seeing you on your future trips to Denver!
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I feel horrible in that I'm just getting around to reviewing this property. I'm going to keep it short & sweet though as I have not a single thing remotely negative or average to say. The minute you walk into this shared property, you realize this is not anything like some of the Hampton Inns you see in other parts of the nation. It is sleek, sexy, modern, impeccably clean and crisp at every turn. Not just in the guest or common areas, but the minute I entered our adjoining rooms, WOW, just blown away by everything. We'd reserved a double room with an adjacent king suite and let me tell you, I could've stayed/lived there for months!
The staff were amazing although the property was a little slow during our stay. The valet staff were on the mark everyday for our five day stay, just a quick text message and done. The desk staff were friendly, engaged, and even entertaining. Housekeeping was able to make the rooms look brand new with each cleaning. We'd not seen the breakfast attendant but the meal was presented wonderfully with a nice variety daily.
This property is fairly new as hotels go so I do anticipate some of the perfection to that fact. My hope is that they keep this property in it's pristine condition because I truly cannot wait to book another stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown for your recent stay. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the contemporary design of our city-center hotel. Our designer strived to ensure our hotel was a fit in a urban location and we agree that she hit the mark! We look forward to seeing you on your future trips to Denver!
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I would give this place 6*'s if I could.
The good:
Location - right in the heart of Denver. 2 minute walk to convention center
Rooms - LARGE. Big 50" flat screen that pivots to desk and bed.
Black out shades
Clean

The bad:
Could not find any.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Tom S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for the fantastic review of our hotel. I posted your review in our break room for all of our employee's to read. It makes our collective day when our guest is extremely satisfied! We look forward to seeing you on your future trips to Denver.