“Wow - Best stay EVER - totally shocked with the HIGH quality of this hotel! Please read all about it here!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown-Convention Center
Ranked #17 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Denver was the location of AACN's National Teaching Institute at the beautiful Colorado Convention Cwnter! It was a great venue for the 6000 critical care nurses from around the country! Wr stayed at the Hampton Inn and LOVED every aspect of the stay. The location was supreme, the staff well trained in customer service. We arrived in Denver early and could not check in until 3 so checked our bags and went for breakfast. As it turned out, it had been a busy weekend in Denver and our room took a long time to be prepared - we were disappointed to have to eait until nearly 5 to check in...BUT the manager treated us to a cocktail and appy atthe restaurant which was nice.

Walking into the room made the wait well worth it! IT WAS HUGE! Two extremely comfortable queens, big desk to work from, large screen TV, cull couch, table with chairs, full wet bar with frig and huge bathroom area with excellent shower! Things were neat and tidy - we loved every moment of the stay!

The fitness center is open around the clock and is well stocked with machines, trainers and equipment. The pool is small but jacuzzi felt great at the end of the day. Yhe hotel arranged tohold luggage the daythe conference ended which was convenient and all staff was quite professiknal and well versed id. Customer service. Dd I mention the incredible breakfast? Not your normal breakfast bar - this one served delicious hot entrees each day with fresh fruit, yogurts, a selection of breads and excellent coffee.

You must stay here if you are going to Denver and especially if staying near the convention center which is just a couple of short blocks away. You willbe happy with this hotel, its staff and excellent emeneties. I would go back in a ,imute!!!

Room Tip: We were in 523 - no view but truly HUGE!
1  Thank Suwhit
Tom S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us during the recent Critical Care Nurses Association Conference. We enjoyed all of the attendees and we wish that this convention was repeated here annually! I am glad you enjoyed the comfort of the room and hotel amenities that made your stay. Please come back and see us again!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

My wife and I stayed three nights in this hotel. Part of the Hilton group of hotels, it is still quite new and fresh. Our room on the 5th floor was very large, with two queen size beds, comfortably furnished and well equipped, including with a microwave and minibar fridge. The bathroom was also large and supplied with the extras you do not get in three star places. What lets it down for us is the paper plates and plastic cutlery in the buffet style breakfast room. The food was just OK, the eggs being rather like plastic too. It is close to the arts precinct of Denver and lower downtown is a short ride on the free shuttle along 16th St. Service was impersonal.

Room Tip: Probably all of a good standard.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas M
Tom S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites for your recent trip to Denver. I am pleased that you enjoyed the comfort and amenities of your accommodations. I apologize that your service experience fell short of our standards. I shared your survey with our staff as this is not an acceptable level of service for our valued guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Denver!

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked last minute stay here; we came down to handle business on a vehicle and see the city for the first time. The hotel is nice...clean/tidy rooms, orderly & pretty lobby, nice decor (we've been to ones that have more amenities, but this was nice for a basic stay). It is located fairly close (within walking distance of about a block) to nice restaurants & shops. The best thing to me...excellent customer service! Every staff member we interacted with was genuinely nice & helpful. The manager when we checked in late Friday night, as well as the valet gave good info & extra supplies needed (including being honest about parking options. The staff Saturday, I believe his name was Sean, but not positive, gave excellent information re: local restaurants & hangouts for the evening..we went & had a great time. Same for staff Sunday...she gave great idea of lunch local within walking distance, offered promptly to print directions for a local museum we relayed we wanted to visit, as well as gave info about printing our boarding passes in the business center (complimentary). One reason we chose it was the complimentary breakfast...for a quick trip we wanted to have that option. It had nice options (scrambled/seasoned egg dish & hard boiled egg, ham/egg/cheese croissant sandwich, fresh fruit, tea/coffee, juice, etc), just nothing that really wowed you...but it was a nice basic continental breakfast that had a few protein options & not all Carbs (I would have valued some turkey sausage or turkey on croissant as healthier option, as I don't eat beef or pork). The staff we're very pleasant & helpful (I did have one problem...one staff continued to pick up the dirty plates for patrons around me, but passed me repeatedly, wouldn't even look my way, even when I placed my dirty plate at edge of table for pickup...my husband later joined me & she finally came to take the plate...hmmm). Overall we had a really nice stay & would stay there again. Special thanks to the staff.
Tips:
Utilize the staff: ask for tips on local restaruants etc, we got great suggestions.
Great Local places we were told about: The Appaloosa Grill, Euclid Hall Bar & Kitchen, El Chapultepec for live jazz (small, so get there early to grab a seat, but all were friendly if you end up standing), Forney Museum of Transportation (we were told by local friend we were meeting with...excellent choice for tons of historic vehicles on display...cars, motorcycles, trains, bicycles, etc...we went for the special exhibit of Volkswagens!)
Parking: we opted to park right across the street from hotel where you can prepay for several days at little cheaper rate...all hotels we checked had pay valet parking, so we just accepted that as part of the cost of the trip.
Driving on Streets: careful...alot of oneway streets:)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Convention Center for your last minute trip to Denver. We understand how important local recommendations are to the success of your stay so we strive to keep up to date on the best restaurants, clubs, museums etc to enjoy. We look forward to seeing you on your return trips to Denver!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Loved it! Substantial hot breakfast options, large + clean workout room, and large + clean guest room. Everything appeared new and fresh. The modern furniture didn't really fill the big room I was in, but it left enough space to easily do a kickboxing class in the middle of the room! My only complaint is the shower. The uber-modern style does not have a door on it (just glass on 2/3, then 1/3 open doorway space to walk in). It's drafty and freezing cold on your fanny! I would have preferred an older-style bathtub/shower curtain combo to keep the heat in from the warm water of the shower. Remodel perhaps? Note to Hampton: Add shower doors for happier guests. :)

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Tom S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Ann, thank you for sharing your review of our Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Convention Center. Next time you stay with us please request a room with a bathtub/shower combination and we will find one that has the space for kickboxing! We look forward to seeing you on your return trips to Denver!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Only one block from 16th street where all the activity is. In the Financial district but easy to get to LoDo on free shuttle running up and down 16th street, or an easy walk. We stayed here because it was part of a tour package. Room very clean and comfortable, check in staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your review of the Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Convention Center. We hope you enjoy the rest of your tour of the United States.

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I have a six day conference starting tomorrow. I got an e-mail from them today saying they are overbooked and now I am left without a room. No other rooms in downtown.

Booked over a month ago and kicked out of my room the night before I fly there.

Thanks Hampton Inn! Never again for me and I hope a lot of you!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Jeff G
Tom S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Jeff, I apologize that we were unable to honor your reservation last week. We try our best to avoid relocating guests however in this situation it was unavoidable. We worked directly with the third-party company where you made the reservations in order for them to find alternate accommodations in advance of your arrival to our hotel. I am sorry that the notice was received a day prior to your arrival however we waited in case unexpected cancellations occurred that would have allowed us to accomodate your stay. I hope you will recognize this as an isolated occurance so you will continue to consider Hilton hotels for your future travel.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Great quality and value. Cleanliness is great, rooms are very quiet, location is right in the heart of downtown, staff is very friendly, and all amenities are fantastic, especially the breakfast. Only complaint was the windows were a bit small but it was only a minor problem in comparison to all the other great parts of this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Tom S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Austin, thank you for selecting the Hampton Inn & Suites in downtown Denver on your recent trip. I have shared your review with our team to recognize them for delivering on our service promise. We look forward to seeing you again on your future trips to Denver!