Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center
Ranked #9 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel treated my group wonderfully!! Very spacious lobby...brand new rooms....incredibly hospitable staff....made for a great experience. The location was within walking distance to so many downtown attractions. Breakfast was wonderful. Staff really met every single need that we had! I would highly recommend this property to you!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ilovethestlcardinals
Tom S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your review of our Homewood Suites Denver Downtown. We appreciate your time to share your experience. It would be great to see you again when the Colorado Rockies host the St. Louis Cardinals June 23-25! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The staff at this hotel went above and beyond what I expect for excellent service. They would always greet us with a smile, and when we had an early morning flight that was before the usual shuttle schedule, they made an exception to ensure that we arrived at the airport by 04:00AM. I could not have asked for a better stay prior to an early morning flight. We will absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Denver Downtown for your recent trip. We appreciate your comments and I am glad we were able to make your early wakeup and departure a positive experience. It is tough travelling at such an early time however it sounds like you had a great start to your day. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We just spent 7 nights at Homewood Suites and are very satisfied with our choice. Very convenient to the Convention Center, modern design, all the amenities I wish for when staying in a hotel especially for more than 1-2 days. Front desk - outstanding - attentive, quick to respond, helpful. And did I mention breakfast - very good with healthy choices. To completely spoil their gests they are offering you free dinners - Mon-Thu with drinks! Due to our schedule we only took advantage of it once but it was excellent. I must say - the staff serving food are excellent. They work very hard and are genuinely caring for the gests.
The only problem we had was with our room cleaning. Upon checking in at 10PM - our bathroom floor was not cleaned properly - had hair on it. We called the front desk and a maintenance man came up immediately. He told we better move to another suite but we were tired and said we were OK with him just cleaning it which he did. I woke up at 6am in the morning and found out there is no shower curtain. I called front desk and they send a men with it. On the next day I found that our comforter was dirty - small yet not imaginary stains of blood. I addressed this with the cleaning lady and she changed it.

Room Tip: Ask fro a room not looking at the huge vents. They are quite noisy at night when they are working.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Piramidon

Thank you for spending the week at our Homewood Suites Denver Downtown. We appreciate your comments and I shared the housekeeping comments with our leadership team as your experience does not meet our expectations. We will work on immediate improvement so this is not experienced by additional guests. We hope you have a reason to return for another week and this time you should stay for dinner! Thank you!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My overall rating of this hotel is well-above average. The rooms were spacious, modern, and clean. The full kitchen is a nice option especially if you are traveling alone or with children. The location was great - lots to do within walking distance. I would not pay extra again for the mountain view - they were hardly visible. This was a bit disappointing. The only other complaint that I had was the electric control of the blind system. I wanted to be able to have light in the living area while keeping the sleep area dark but because the switch controlled all windows that wasn't an option. Minor stuff. Also, the maid service left a bit to be desired in that the second day of our stay our towels weren't completely replaced nor was the coffee or other bathroom amenities. Again, minor stuff. The breakfasts were great. And the staff was friendly and very helpful. I would highly recommend friends to stay here if in downtown Denver.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying for a mountain view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Denver Downtown Convention Center and sharing your review of your recent stay. We appreciate the recommendation and we will work on the items you identified in your review that need fine tuning. We look forward to welcoming you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a well-run, conveniently located hotel with very clean, quiet and very large rooms. Mine was a mini-apartment with a kitchen and couch, roomy bathroom and extremely comfortable king-size bed. The unit was equipped with two large flat-screen TVs -- one in the front room and one for the bedroom.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Tom S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Lori, thank you for sharing your review of our Homewood Suites. I am glad you enjoyed the comfort and convenience of your spacious suite. We look forward to seeing you on your return trips to Denver!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My stay at this hotel was wonderful. I had booked this room without researching it (very unusual for me!) because I wanted to stay at the same hotel as a work friend for convenience. Boy was I thrilled with everything the hotel had to offer! The location was perfect for attending a conference at the convention center, so close it was a short walk to the center. It was also close to 16th street with a multitude of shops and restaurants. The staff at the hotel were exceptionally professional and friendly...So much so that I felt compelled to compliment them in person and spoke with the hotel manager to express my positive feedback about the wonderful staff I encountered. The free breakfast was far better than any hotel I have stayed at previously and the manager's reception with good food, beer and wine was a nice treat. The rooms looked brand new, sleek and clean. Would definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cynthia S

Dear Cynthia, thank you for sharing your review of our Homewood Suites Denver Downtown. It is great to learn that you put your faith in Hilton and we found a new fan of our hotel. We hope your travels bring you back to Denver so we have the opportunity to welcome you again as our guest!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Having just spent a week in Denver in three hotels, I can tell you this one is a great choice. I loved my room here. Fantastic layout, quiet, very nicely appointed and perfect for me. The location is good walking distance to most things you want and need in addition to the convention center and the light rail.

While I only found the food service here to be average since it is complimentary (breakfast, evening hot dinner, beer and wine) hard to hold that against my overall satisfaction.

Tip- there is a small patio off the bar which is nice to visit with your breakfast but put a pen in the door or you will be locked out.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for making the Homewood Suites one of the three hotels you chose in Denver. We appreciate your vote of confidence in making us your number one choice! We look forward to seeing you on your return trips to Denver.