1) Steam table food is dry and tasteles
2) Never expect "fresh" food 1 hour before closing
3) Sunday evening is usually slow for buffets and, therefore, should be avoided
4) Steaks usually cost extra and are tough, thin and overcooked
5) Be prepared for worn and littered
6) The staff is much too busy to be concerned about you
So, we arrived at 8:00 PM on a Sunday. The place was busy, but not crowded. We sampled much too many items from the steam tables and were amazed to find EVERY item fresh, undry and tasteful. Typically, buffet style seems to mandate minimal spices; but, nothing was bland.
The staff was genuinely involved in the diners needs. So, it wasn't too surprising that the employee at the carving station offered a steak & no extra charge. Reluctantly we consented. Honestly, the steak was superior to what we find at chain steak houses and certainlya better value than fine steak houses...reasonably thick, perfectly grilled and marvelously tasty.
The facility was surprisingly immaculate: apparently recently reopening after a complete remodel. Vacated tables were quickly bussed and surrounding floors swept.
We will definitely be back ~ especially for the steak.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.