“Not the best”

Cuba Cuba Sandwicheria
Ranked #487 of 3,015 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Cuban
Description: Authentic Cuban casual restaurant with full bar. Family owned and operated, we bring true Cuban food to Denver, with true Caribbean ambiance. Serving sandwiches and cuban plates, wraps, plantains along with other goodies. Also we serve up our famous mojito in addition to our full bar.
Denver, Colorado
“Not the best”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Cuba Cuba Sandwicheria has several outlets in the Denver area. I haven't been to the others, so I can only speak about the Glendale location at CitySet on 654 S. Colorado Blvd.
I'm planning a trip to Cuba and have spent the last few months, with a friend from Cuba, checking out various Cuban restaurants. Cuba Cuba was OK but not the best.
The location is handy, behind the Hilton Hotel on S. Colorado Blvd. in an area populated by a number of other restaurants. Wait staff were friendly and helpful. But the food did not measure up to what I've found in other places. The Cubano sandwich was OK, but not outstanding. My friend's salad received the same rating. The ceiling is high, the lighting is bright, and the acoustics make it sound like a busy, happening place (translate that to noisy, if you're looking for a little calm).
All in all, if you're close and need a place to grab lunch, it would be fine. But I wouldn't consider it a destination restaurant.

• Visited August 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious sandwiches zesty sauces and sides in clean casual dining setting”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I ordered the Cuban Classic. What stood out was ingredients tasted fresh and the pork had a zesty sauce. Bread and meat had combined perfect texture. I found myself wishing there was more bbq pork but overall, a tasty well balanced sandwich for the money. Tasty thin fries had truffle oil. Coffee was good. Service was very good and attentive. I l i ke that this place is new and very clean. Come early for lunch. I came at 11:15 am. There were just a few people but was very busy when I left at noon.

• Visited August 2013
Buffalo, New York
“Kudos to Cuba Cuba”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This is a very small but quaint restaurante that I was told has only been open a short time. It sits conveniently located behind the Hilton Garden Inn in Cherry Creek. The food was authentic and amazing. I had a salad with pork that was fresh and tasty. They also serve original Cuban coffees and everything was reasonably priced.

Visited July 2013