“excellent late night food”
Review of Ship Tavern

Ship Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Ship Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #122 of 3,111 Restaurants in Denver
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Between Broadway & Tremont Place
Transit: Bus: Civic Center; Light Rail: 18th & California
Description: Home to the region's best prime rib, the Ship Tavern serves lunch and dinner in a vintage pub atmosphere. An excellent choice for sports viewing, the Tavern features exceptional micro-brewed beer and wine selections, and live entertainment Wednesday through Saturday evenings.DailyLunch: 11:00 am - 5:00 pmDinner: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pmBar: 11:00 am - MidnightLive Entertainment:Wednesday - Saturday 8:30 pm - 11:30 pm
Reviewed 30 July 2014

the truffle fries are a must. Salads were really fresh and shrimp in the pasta tender and huge. But what makes this really unique was the live singing by other patrons. Really fun, has a very vintage feel

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We ate dinner here one night while staying at the Brown Palace and the Palace Arms was closed. It was exactly what I expected: pretty much like a sports bar--flat screen TV's everywhere, dark, burgers and fries, and fish and chips with malt vinegar. Not that there is anything wrong with a sports bar, it just isn't really my scene. The food was decent, although there was so much food on my plate when they brought it I almost felt nauseated. Once I sorted thru the fries, I actually found a few pieces of seafood. My husband really liked his burger and all in all we got what we expected and sometimes that is nice for a change.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We got there just before 5 and it was pretty quiet but by the time we left there were lots of people seated. Service was fast and everyone was excellent. The portions of the food are huge. I only ate half my club sandwich. Onion rings are definitely the side you want to get -amazing! Delicious food and fresh.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

While nautically themed, the Ship tavern is your basic tavern serving up steaks, wings and burgers. I ordered the house specialty prime rib and was happy with it. The cut of meat was huge, consequently I did not eat the sides that came with it. This is not a place for a fine dining experience but I don't think that one would be dissappointed in this place. The live piano music definitely added to the experience.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This place never changes. It is always a treat to have lunch or dinner here. The Prime Rib sandwich is a must! This is what I order every time we go. The wait staff is always attentive to your needs. At times the service is slow, but who cares when you gaze around the room that house wooden model sailing ships from years gone by.