“Great tastes and sustainable too!”
Review of Rubio's - CLOSED

Rubio's
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Healthy
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Seafood is one of my favorite choices when eating out, unless it comes to my plate at the expense of the long term ocean populations. No fear - you can eat at Rubio's and enjoy a wide variety of fish choices that are either on Monterey Bay Aquurium's Seafood Watch "Best" or "Good" choice lists. I had Ono (wahoo) but they also had wild salmon and Atlantic pollock. I wasn't able to learn about their shrimp so a staff member offered to email me more information. Downsides today: they appeared to be understaffed and our tortillas were stiff when our order was delivered. Other than that we really enjoyed the salsa bar and wide variety of "green" seafood choices.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

I went to grab dinner here one night with a friend and first of all, we both said we would definitely go back! We had shrimp tacos and they came with beans and rice! There is a fun little salsa bar with different salsas to choose from, so get the chips they are like .82 cents!

Reviewed 5 January 2012

I used to eat there 1 or 2 times a week. Now, I go there once every one or two moths.
The quality of your food is getting worse. Wake up!

1  Thank notsohappyDenver
Reviewed 7 December 2011

i had never been until 2 little guys I was babysitting wanted to go there for dinner. For a fast food type place, I was pleasantly surprised by the freshness and the quality of the food. I will definitely return. It's not gourmet, but it's good and the prices are reasonable. How can you go wrong with Langostino tacos?