1. There are no really decent restaurants within walking distance. There is a mediocre Mexican place in the same parking lot; there is a so-so pub and grill across the street; I don't count McDonalds.
2. There are no bars that stay open past 10:00 PM nearby, unless you count the not-very-good restaurants mentioned above.
3. The front desk clerk lied when I asked for a room, telling me the only one they had left was a king suite at "$50" off because I was checking in at 9:30 PM on a Wednesday night. I can tell the difference between a king-sized and queen-sized bed. It wasn't a king anything.
4. Late checkout was 12:00 PM, which isn't very late.
5. The front desk staff was patronizing when I called and asked them why their wireless connection wasn't working. "No Internet Access." She said "it's working for me." I manage a network for a large international company. I know how to configure a wireless connection. This one wouldn't prompt me for the authentication it required, even after rebooting and reconfiguring the wireless.
6. I had stuffy sinuses, with a headache, when I woke up because of whatever they used to wash the sheets.
This is a not-that-nice, crappy Holiday Inn. For $199 for a queen suite in a Denver location not even remotely close to downtown (this hotel is off I-70), it's a 100% rip off.
Pass on this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Hotel Denver East in Denver, Colorado! This 3-Star rated hotel is perfect for both business and leisure travelers seeking contemporary accommodations in the Denver International Airport area. Conveniently located off of Interstate 70, the hotel is near a variety of local shopping and restaurants. Local points of interests like Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Coors Field, Dick's Sporting Goods Park, Pepsi Center, Convention Center, National Western Complex, and the Denver Coliseum are easy to access and the Denver International Airport is minutes from our hotel. Beautiful downtown Denver is only 11 miles away. Area businesses include Anschutz Medical Center, Lincoln College, Chrysler Corporation, Muscle Pharm and Intertech Plastics. The Holiday Inn Express and Suites Denver East is also the perfect location to attend special events, including the Exdo Event Center, Union Symphony League Showcases, and the local Playwright Performances. Our hotel features 81 spacious guestrooms and suites, 39" flat panel HDTVs with over 150 channels of DirecTV, free fiber Wi-Fi, microwaves, refrigerators, daily complimentary full hot breakfast, Business Center, guest laundry, Fitness Center and an indoor pool and hot tub! Get a jump start with our signature cinnamon rolls and enjoy our mile high hospitality as a guest of the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Denver East hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Denver East-Peoria Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.