“Warm and welcoming, a great place to stay!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport
Ranked #80 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 5 May 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a few days in the first two weeks of April, punctuated by a weekend trip to San Francisco. The location is a good compromise for easy access to the airport and the city centre, which was important to us because we wanted to do a fair bit of sight-seeing.

A few things stand out about this place, but first and foremost were the staff. We could always count on a warm smile and friendly greeting from them, no matter how busy they were, and nothing we asked was ever too much. A big thank you to all of you!

The free breakfast had everything from waffles, eggs and bacon to fresh fruit and oatmeal, with plenty of more healthful options to choose from. There are always fresh-baked cookies at the front desk, a nice touch which I took liberal advantage of. Also, most days there is a manager's reception in the afternoon at which guests can enjoy complimentary drinks and snacks.

We got a jacuzzi room, and were very pleased with the size and condition of the accommodation. Our window looked out on a car park, but we could clearly see the mountains in the distance, which was very exciting for my first time in Colorado.

We honestly enjoyed our time here more than at the respectable four-star hotel we stayed in at SF. Sure, the decor and the view were nicer, but the actual quality of the accommodation was not much different, and we got a lot more for our buck here. We will definitely be staying here again when I next come to visit!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jordangray
FrntDskManager, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

jordangray,

I hope you enjoyed your holiday to the States. The two locations you picked to visit were good choices, and it sounds like you saw and did quite a bit during your visit. Thanks for your very descriptive compliments regarding our property, specifically the staff, breakfast, managers reception, and the value. We appreciate your feedback and it's great to have a chance to pass along a guests experience to our staff. We'll see you on your next visit to Colorado!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,170)

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Every visit to Denver this is home for a week at a time. I have a special room number I stay in as a regular customer and absolutely love the room. It’s a huge room; huge windows over look Rocky Mountains (on this side) as far as the eye can see and even a wonderful view of Denver skyline on a clear beautiful day. Room I have consists of Jacuzzi tub, wet bar frig, microwave, flat screen TV, nice comfy chair and ottoman. And best of all very comfortable bed! Now you'll really enjoy the quietness of this place. Never have heard a jet like some Airport hotels and believe it or not have never heard the floor above or beside me. In other words quiet! I'm on my fourth year staying here when in Denver and I travel extensively so I know a Tanka- Great hotel when I stay at one. (See my other reviews)
The Staff is just as others have felt; Warm, friendly and there to assist you. The General Manager Dana and Her Sales staff Christine is magnificent so if you’re a corporation looking for an excellent place for your staff I would definitely recommend talking to them. Evenings refreshments served, beer wine and snacks, Breakfast is highly recommended. Excellent and by no means skimpy at all.
Great breakfast bar!
I can't say enough about how this Country Inn and Suites is exceptional. Look at the other reviews and then stay here. You'll come back again and again! Definitely 5 star but worth a million. No I do not own stock in Carlson. Just an honest opinion from an aged road warrior that knows quality and excellence.
Stay here and you'll see why others give it highest points available.
Enjoy your stay. Sweet Country Inn dreams.
Heartflight

Room Tip: Rooms facing Rocky Mountains. Jacuzzi suites a plus!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Heartflight
FrntDskManager, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Heartflight,

Having the opportunity to speak with you during your visits here, it's great to have you submitting a snapshot on TripAdvisor regarding what your experience is at this hotel. I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to Dana and Christine - they'll enjoy knowing of your recognition through this website. I can't thank you enough for how descriptive and complimentary your response was regarding not only this stay, but stays in past years. It's always great having you here, and we'll see you on your next visit to Denver!

Reviewed 25 April 2012

We arrived into Denver airport late and were happy the hotel was near the airport - but not too close to be annoying. We were greeted with fresh cookies and coffee at check-in. Our room was a nice size at a good price - I booked on their website and got a discounted price. They offered a free breakfast with many options to choose from. If going to Denver again - I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

gardenhappy_10,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to TripAdvisor and for your compliments and high scores regarding our property. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 19 April 2012

We've recently returned from a skiing holiday at Copper Mountain but had the weekend in Denver visiting family (and outlet stores) first. Very impressed with the courtesy and help of the front desk staff - they make the stay excellent before even seeing the room. The room was equally impressive, very comfortable and quite. Also more than satisfied with the breakfast offering as well as there were many healthy low fat options which can be hard to find at some American hotels. We could not recommend this hotel highly enough and would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stormj
FrntDskManager, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

stormj,

"They make the stay excellent before even seeing the room." That is awesome. I loved reading that statement, as that is what we are going for. Thanks for your compliments regarding our staff and I hope to see you on your next visit to Denver.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Upon our arrival to the hotel we were immediately greeted very warmly by Mariah at the front desk. Mariah was an absolute God send who tried to upgrade my wife and I to a suite within the hotel due to our elite status with Club Carlson. I told her not to worry too much about it as I had procrastinated after two weeks straight of skiing and booked the room online the night before. She wasn't able to locate a suite for us as the hotel was at full capacity but did upgrade us to a very lovely club room on the sixth floor. The room was fantastic, all the amenities you could want or need were there. Including a very large flatscreen HDTV with two HDMI inputs, free wi fi, plenty of 110 volt receptacles and a queen size bed that my wife and I did not want to get out of the following morning. The bed room and bath room were both impeccably clean. The breakfast was grand while the breakfast staff were very warm and inviting as well. The hotel offers a free happy hour in the late afternoon which includes beer, wine and food. Although we had a rental the hotel does offer a free shuttle service to and from the airport. "The Boss" and I can't wait to return again soon. Please keep up the great work, team!

Room Tip: Before booking your room apply for a FREE Club Carlson card. We had a sixth floor club room which is...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Big_White_Baer

Big_White_Baer,

I will definitely pass along your compliments regarding Mariah to her, as well as the nice things you had to say about the housekeeping staff, breakfast team, and our happy hour to the appropriate team members. It's a pleasure to hear that this was the perfect ending to your ski vacation - I'm envious that you had three weeks! The Club Carlson membership is an easy way to earn points towards not only free nights stays but other redemption methods through ClubCarlson.com. We'll see you the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

This was my first time in Denver, Colorado so I decided to stay at the Country Inn and Suites because it received so many great reviews. A family member and I stayed here Easter weekend to visit other family. The hotel was convienent to the airport and right off of the main Highway 70. The room was nice and comfortable with a fridge and microwave. We had two queen size beds, which were very comfortable. The price of the room was inexpensive for all of the amenities included. The staff was always friendly and available if you had any questions. The hotel offers a full hot breakfast, which consist of eggs, waffles, meat (sausage links, ham, or bacon), cereal, oatmeal, biscuits with gravy, a selection of juices, and much more! There was always complimentary cookies in the lobby for the guests as well. Also, there are a variety of restaurants in walking distance, and several other hotels nearby. The area appeared to be nice, therefore I would definitely stay here again if I visit Denver!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
FrntDskManager, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

T_Smith2011,

Thanks for your detailed review of our property and breakfast options. We look forward to your next stay with us, and glad that your initial visit to Denver was to our Country Inn & Suites!

Reviewed 3 April 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, near Denver International Airport. The hotel staff are friendly and courteous throughout my five day stay. My room was refreshingly clean and well-appointed while the bathroom was spotless. The amenities was superb. The breakfast was great and I especially enjoyed the self-serve waffles. I will definitely return to this hotel and bring my entire family. I want to convey my heartfelt thanks to the entire staff for making my stay an enjoyable and safe experience.

Room Tip: Take the Non-Smoking Rooms!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
FrntDskManager, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

SKCS Veteran,

Thank you so much for sharing your stay with us and your high scores of our property. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the departments you recognized.