Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport
Ranked #81 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Hotel was fine and everyone was helpful. Rooms were very nice and clean. We only stayed one night. Breakfast was OK. I would come back to this hotel if I were passing through this area again. Why not give it a try!

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
codenair, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your stay. It is so nice and reassuring to see guests take the time to share their experiences. And for that we say Thank you!! We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future!

Christine Fridlund

Write a ReviewReviews (1,173)

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I put a lot of stock in TripAdvisor ratings, so I was expecting a good night's stay at the Country Inn & Suites. It didn't disappoint.

Great access to the freeway and airport, with shopping and eateries in the immediate vicinity. A large room, with a desk, a mini-fridge and microwave, and plenty of seating. Very comfortable bed and linens and probably the coldest air conditioning I've ever experienced. I think it was set on 55 when we entered the room. Awesome! The free continental breakfast was pretty standard for this type of resort, but still good and appreciated.

My only minor complaint is with the front-desk staff. The gentleman who checked us in and the lady who checked us out were not rude or unprofessional, but they were definitely a little icy.

I definitely recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jayhawkjoe98

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel! I do however apologize on behalf of the staff that were not at their best. Customer service and genuine hospitality are something that we take very seriously. I assure you that it will be brought up at our regular staff meetings. Again, thank you for you feedback and your constructive criticism. We will continue to always strive to provide excellent service! We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

All staff members were pleasant & professional. Rooms are well laid out and clean. Breakfast is decent. Evening social hour is convenient. The food isn't great but if you want to relax before going to sleep, the evening social is a pleasant & convenient way to do it.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
codenair, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the Be Our Guest hot breakfast buffet and evening reception. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Very nice and clean hotel. Modern building in excellent shape. Very clean rooms and bathrooms, very comfortable beds. Excellent customer service very attentive personnel. Very clean indoor swimming pool. Varied and delicious hot and cold free breakfast served in china plates!
Sort of pricy rooms but the amenities and excellent customer service the hotel offers it is worth its price.

1  Thank Elsa M

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know that you appreciate our breakfast dining ware and that the overall stay was very nice. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

after having some issues getting out of Denver due to a thunderstorm causing flight cancellations and delays, I ending up having the fortune of finding one of the only rooms left in the airport area at Country Inn and Suites. I got there very late and very irritated, but looking forward to finally getting some rest. The woman at the front desk, who had been quite busy trying to accommodate all of the travelers who had also missed planes, was so helpful and pleasant. I believe her name was Sondra. After getting no help from United Airlines and being treated so poorly by a majority of their staff, it was so comforting to have someone empathize with what I had been through. She gave me a toothbrush, deodorant, hairspray, etc. I had done some airport shopping prior to my flight being cancelled. Some of my purchases were liquids over three ounces that weren't cheap. I knew that I would have to throw them away to get back through security. Not only did Sondra ship these home for me, she drove them to the post office and sent them herself to assure that they would make it. One of these was a gift for my child that made it home before we did. I can't say enough about the excellent customer service I experienced here. I highly recommend it. Thanks again Sondra!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that Sondra helped make a difficult travel day turn out so much better than expected. Sondra is a very kind and compassionate person and we are very lucky to have her! We hope that next time you are traveling to Denver, that it is planned and that you will choose to stay with us again! Thank you again for all of the kind words!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is a mixed review for us. We got an amazing deal (over the normal price) through Hotwire, so I can't complain too much due to that, but would be complaining much more if I had paid the normal rate. The property is clean and very nice. We asked when we checked in about leaving our car for the week (business trip, so this was just an overnight stay for an early flight out of DIA) and it was only a $20 add on (we were looking at $30 minimum at DIA in the Pikes Peak lot), so this was a bonus, we thought. For my wife and I, we found the beds to not be very comfortable in the room we were in and we both had a very restless night.

The shuttle was nice for getting to the airport. Unfortunately when we returned to DIA, we were stuck at the airport waiting for over 40 minutes for this shuttle to pick us up. I called the number we were given 3 times, and each time was assured the driver was on his way and only 10 minutes away (we saw every other hotel's shuttle 2 or more times while we were standing there). I was about to grab a cab (and needless to say irritated) when I saw the van stop further down from where we were told and was letting off passengers. My wife and I got there as the driver was starting to leave. He told us nobody had notified him that we were waiting. Based on this, I can't recommend the Stay & Fly option (I noted the other hotel vans that I saw come and go more frequently for any future travel).

1  Thank Frazierm99

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are sorry to hear you did not have a good night’s sleep due to the comfort of your bed. We know a good night’s rest is very important. Additionally we are sorry to hear that our shuttle service did not live up to our expectation. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services and provide training. Please reach out to any of our employees directly should you have any concerns during or after your next stay. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

One tip if you are part of the rewards program, you can pay a lot less when you use some points. We got the room for about $70 plus 5000 points. We stayed at the hotel two separate times when flying in and out of Denver. It is pretty close to the airport and near many other airport hotels. There are a variety of restaurants nearby. Our rooms were just fine for one night stays, except that the one room had a very noisy air conditioner. I'm sure the hotel would have moved us, but we arrived at 3am due to flight delays and we were too tired to move (and slept fine anyway). The breakfast was fine. When we arrived at 3am there were muffins and juice already out, which was nice because we were hungry. I would stay here again if we need a hotel by the airport.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
codenair, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the extra early limited breakfast service. While it may not be our entire Be Our Guest hot breakfast buffet we certainly understand that travelers are on the move 24/7! We also want to thank for the feedback regarding the air conditioning units, each unit is inspected frequently and this summer they have been getting a workout, and you bet we would have moved your room if you had asked. We definitely want to make every attempt at making each guests stay with us an exceptional one! We hope that you will stay again the next time you are in Denver!