and 1 more site!
Ranked #49 of 154 Hotels in Denver
Durham, United Kingdom
“Such a friendly stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2010

After an horrendous trip it was amazing to arrive and be shuttled over to the hotel by such a friendly driver - free water on offer was sooooo appreciated! Staff at hotel also really nice, breakfast basic, but more than adequate. A really good idea to just have a continuous buffet. Comfortable room, great night's sleep even with jetlag, overall a bit of a boost to a tired traveller!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank ruthie81
FrntDskManager, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport, responded to this review, 7 October 2010
ruthie81,

In my opinion, I love seeing someone's experience go from horrendous to amazing so quickly, and even better that it was our hotel that caused that shift. Thank you for submitting your review and scoring us perfect on the rooms, service, and sleep quality. When your business travel happens to take you to Colorado again, please look us up!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
coventry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2010

Greta hotel, enjoyed every part of our stay from pick up at the airport by the courtesy bus to the drop off back at DIA.
Every contact with the staff was a pleasure, all very helpful and polite. The breakfast choice was excellent especially considering the cost of a nights stay (very reasonable).
Rooms were spacey, immaculately clean and all services in place.

Overall this was one of the best ( certainly in the top three) of reasonably priced hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
wbaCoventry,

Sounds like you had a great visit to our hotel, and I'm pleased that our hospitality was top-notch. We pride ourselves in the large square footage of our standard rooms, let alone our suites, as you noted in your review. Hope to see you again soon!
Adelaide
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

I stayed here by myself 1 night and then a few days later with my partner for another night. The first night was really good. Friendly staff at check in and clean comfortable room. The second night the lady that checked us in was a little less friendly but the main issue was with the shuttle. We had spent about 6 hours driving (3 in a traffic jam) and were tired and hungry. I dropped off my partner whilst I then went to return rental car to the airport. The shuttle driver was in the lobby and made a point of saying I wanted to catch a lift with him back from the airport (time was important as we hadn't eaten dinner). So, I called as I was in the rental car shuttle about 3 minutes away from the pick up point. The hotel staff said he would be there in a few minutes. I said great, please let him know that I will be 1 minute late at the most. After 15 minutes of waiting I called again asking what happened to him. They said he had to go!! They couldnt call me as I had a foreign cell phone so I had to wait another 30 minutes for him to get back. That infuriated me as the most he would have had to wait would have been 1 minute. Then after finally getting me, we spent 5 minutes trying to find another passenger who was on the other side of the terminal. As you can tell, this poor service experience left a bad taste. To be fair though, overall it is a good enough airport hotel and am happy to recommend. Just be mindful of the shuttle.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Notsurehwhattowrite
FrntDskManager, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport, responded to this review, 14 September 2010
Notsurewhattowrite,

Sounds like your stay overall was good, as your subject line indicated. I apologize that the shuttle experience wasn't spot on, especially for what you needed. Our shuttle drivers do have to make decisions on the spot with who they have in the van, and who they have scheduled to pick up. What we've found has had the best success is if the guest calls when they are ready to step onto the shuttle, either at the pickup point or at the baggage claim area. With that said, being just a couple of minutes away shouldn't have been that big of a deal to wait, and I can understand your frustration with then having to wait longer once you were on the shuttle. It's a tricky business sometimes and certainly sometimes decisions are made that delays some guests from utilizing our complimentary shuttle service. I'm sorry that in this case, you were one of those infrequent situations.
Sterling, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

The room was very clean with two queen size beds. Shuttle was on time and driver was very friendly. The breakfast was excellent.
If I need to be in the area, I will definitely stay in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
KevinSterling_VA,

We've got some terrific shuttle drivers that want nothing more than to make sure that your first or final experience with our property is something to remember, an "Escalade Experience" if you will. Thanks for sharing your experience with us and we'll see you next time.
Clinton Township, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

Everything about our stay was excellent.
The entire staff was determined that we would enjoy our stay.
The evening wine and snack time was a nice surprise.
The manager cheerfully helped me with a computer problem.
Upon leaving we used their scale ( how wonderful they had one) and
our luggage was over weight. So they offered us a bag and helped
us avoid luggage fees. That was PRICELESS

1 Thank tomorrowishere
Tomorrowishere,

That scale has come in handy more times than you would be believe. Pretty neat to read about your experiences here at the property and how they exceeded your expectations. I'll look forward to seeing you again soon at the Denver Country Inn & Suites!

Everything about our stay was excellent.
The entire staff was determined that we would enjoy our stay.
The evening wine and snack time was a nice surprise.
The manager cheerfully helped me with a computer problem.
Upon leaving we used their scale ( how wonderful they had one) and
our luggage was over weight. So they offered us a bag and helped
us avoid luggage fees. That was PRICELESS
Midway City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

This was my last stop before going home. The other hotels and inns just were ok, my last stop was here at Country Inn at Denver before taking my last flight home. It was the best night of the whole trip I wanted to stay longer. The room was great, the bed was comfortable, the complementary breakfast was the best. My hats off you and your staff keep up the good work...

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank johnasawyer
Johnasawyer,

Now that's what I enjoy reading - a guest that ended with the best! The next time you visit us, we'll have put into play a rotational breakfast menu that will have different choices each day. And guess what? You can stay as long as you like on your next visit!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2010

My husband and I chose this hotel based on the wonderful reviews it received on Tripadvisor and we weren't disappointed. Our AAA membership allowed us to get a non-smoking room with a king bed at a great rate. We had a quiet night's sleep on a comfortable mattress in a beautifully decorated room and we were grateful for that, since we usually wonder if the in-room fridge at hotels/motels will keep us awake or not. The free breakfast was a buffet that included omelettes, and the coffee was nice and strong. Our hotel shuttle to the airport was prompt and we had the pleasure of comparing our Colorado vacation with fellow hotel guests. Next time we visit Denver, we want to stay at this hotel for a few more nights - the staff and the hotel were a joy!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
FrntDskManager, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport, responded to this review, 1 September 2010
Gwlc,

Really pleased that the reviews that you read matched your experience at our property. I agree with you; I've had similar experiences with in-room fridges when I've been traveling, and I'm happy that ours was whisper quiet. When you do come back to our area, we'll be ready for you! Thanks for sharing your stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Denver International Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver International Airport Inn & Suites

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport

Property: Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport
Address: 4343 Airport Way, Denver, CO 80239-5796
Region: United States > Colorado > Denver
#23 Romantic Hotel in Denver
#27 Business Hotel in Denver
#28 Family Hotel in Denver
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Denver International Airport Hotel Denver