“Great Relaxing Refuge”

Inn at Cherry Creek
Ranked #92 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 21 November 2012

My husband and I stayed here in August before starting a strenuous backpacking trip in the Rockies. We were exhausted upon arrival after working and packing all week before and then flying in from Seattle. The Inn at Cherry Creek was perfect! The room was lovely, overlooking the patio below. The bed was really comfortable and the pillows fantastic! Seriously, I've had a sore neck and I awoke at the Inn at Cherry Creek with No pain! The toiletries are from "Philosophy" , and wonderful. Because we arrived late in the evening, the fron desk and chef arranged for us to have dinner in our room--which may seem like "no big deal", but they went beyond normal room service--and the food was delicious. The front desk was very helpful our entire stay.
The regular parking garage beneath the hotel is VERY cramped. We had a small SUV, becaule we were heading to the mountains. It was treacherous parking below. However, the front desk provided a great parking space for us on the ground level, easily reached from the alley behind. It worked out fine.
The hotel location is great--easy walking to restaurants, galleries,boutiques, and the mall. Easy connection, by car, to major roadways and freeways.
I would recommend this hotel to anybody, and am looking forward to staying there again, my next trip to Denver.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 November 2012

Here last night. Small boutique hotel. Decent sized room but nicely appointed. The front desk staff person was very helpful and pleasant to deal with. Good location in Cherry Creek area. I hosted a dinner at Elway's which was an easy walk from the hotel. Room did not have much of a view I was overlooking an alleyway. I heard the trash pick up at 4 AM too. This is a nice alternative to the larger hotels.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

First the bad. The hotel parking garage is so narrow and hard to navigate. If you're paying to park overnight, don't bother if you have anything larger than a sedan. I had a prius and was constantly worried I would hit another vehicle or cement pillar.
The walls let a lot of noise in. I had to call down to the front desk because one neighbor's TV was so loud it was as if it was in my room. Another morning I was awoken early but a different neighbors phone conversation. I could here sneezes and the smallest noise. I'm not a light sleeper and this was annoying.
The hotel staff are friendly, the room is quaint and comfortable. Cleanliness wasn't an issue at all and the hotel soaps/shampoos are nice!
The location couldn't be better - right around the corner from a Whole Foods, Starbucks is a 1 minute walk away and there are so many delicious restaurants and shopping nearby!

Last small problem, the hotel curtains were either completely black out or sheer. It would have been nice to have a little privacy as my room looked onto the business next door and their office windows.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank slr1017
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Our room was small but nice and had a balcony overlooking the street. The lobby is small and intimate. We had breakfast in the restaurant--good food and service. The area around this hotel is great for walking and shopping in. There are a lot of restaurants within walking distance and a lot of stores, art studios, etc.

The parking garage is tight and they charge for using it, but that seems to be common with hotels in Denver.

Room Tip: We were in room 201. It has a great balcony overlooking the street, but it was noisy in the wee hou...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We stayed at the Inn at Cherry Creek for three nights. The room was nice enough, overlooking a patio (with wedding reception) and parking lot. The room was clean and comfortable. The parking garage is SUPER tight. We had a pick-up truck (“upgrade” from Avis) that was impossible to park in the normal garage. The hotel will let you park in the back of the hotel in an enclosed space, like a loading area. That worked well. BTW – there is a charge for parking in either garage.

The problems with the hotel started when we did not get maid service on day two. We got back to the hotel around 4:30 and the room was un-serviced. We contacted the front desk and the clerk informed us that housekeeping was gone for the day. He brought us a fresh set of towels. After the second night, the same thing. The room was un-serviced. No towels, not clean bed linens, no cleaning, nothing. Again we told the clerk who brought us fresh towels.

I complained again to the front desk I also contacted the manager after we departed via e-mail, twice, with no reply. I know the e-mail works because she was very responsive via e-mail prior to our arrival. For an aspiring boutique hotel that charges a premium rate, I expected more from housekeeping and from management.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street side have nice decks. Might be worth the upgrade. (The street is quiet)
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Cooper_Flyod
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I travel frequently to Denver and Boulder, and this is by far the best hotel I've been in. The location can't be beat, as it is right in the middle of a thriving upscale area with loads of great restaurants and shops. It's a small boutique-style hotel with a cramped lobby and adequate restaurant, nothing glamorous, but a very cozy feel. Rooms are really good, with the king balcony room (my choice) featuring a great deck overlooking the street.

It's only a few blocks away from Cherry Creek Park, with endless trails for running, biking and walking. Starbucks is a one-minute walk and opens at 6am for us early risers, and Whole Foods is a couple of blocks away if you really must spend time with ultra-groovy and overly helpful local hipsters.

It's hard to find a decent place in a good location that is not too corporate, but this is it.

Room Tip: Get balcony room (in warm weather, anyway).
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We recently held a 3 day sales offsite at the Inn at Cherry Creek and we could not have been more pleased with the service and the value we received from the hotel and its employees. Not only did they work with us to make our event economical (versus other hotels in the area) but the service we received during our stay was superb. The General Manager was a great help in planning, the onsite service we received in the room during our meetings was outstanding (so good that my team wrote a commendation letter to the GM) and all the staff were helpful and friendly. The Inn at Cherry Creek is a darling boutique hotel in a great location, and with a customer service oriented approach to all they deliver. They helped ensure a successful, comfortable and effective meeting.

Room Tip: There was no pool or spa!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Lori P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Cherry Creek
The Maven Hotel
#9 of 160 in Denver
MOXY Denver Cherry Creek
#98 of 160 in Denver

Been to Inn at Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!