“Chris Botti”

Colorado Symphony Orchestra
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I love his music but for some reason the sound levels were horrible. For some reason the acoustics just were not good the night he performed. Some songs and/or performers needed amplification but some songs w/ a trumpet didn't need a mic setup on the bell of his trumpet. His recordings are fabulous, but this was not a good experience, I almost left. Most of the time any of the 'concert' halls at the Denver Ctr for Performing Arts are quite good...but sound levels, and ability to hear both the orchestra and the visiting performers was hit/or miss.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Last time I went was a while ago, but they always put on a really nice performance. The theater is intimate and comfortable. And the performances range from the traditional, to having special guests, so interesting themes (like playing all the background music while we watched Oklahoma, the movie, from beginning to end; or a John Williams night -- which my son loves). Dress up, have a nice dinner in a fancy restaurant -- a special, perfect evening out on the town!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Just a great symphony. Never boring. Inexpensive for what you get. Lots of good programs. Recommend!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The music has always been superb, but you must sit through 10-15 minutes of liberal clap-trap from symphony management at the start of every performance. Have drop my membership because of it.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I have always enjoyed going to see the Colorado Symphony. When I was a child we would go on field trips to see the symphony during the day. We learned about all of the different instruments that were being played and it was nice to hear the music that was played. I have also gone as an adult and it is a great experience if your a music lover like me. My father was a musician and I have been around music all of my life. We have an excellent symphony here in Denver.