“beautiful”

Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #70 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 12 April 2012

nice rooms, friendly staff. they had cookies and milk for my kids after we arrived and when they didnt have anything on the menu my daughter liked... they made her grilled cheese special. breakfast is great. will be staying again....

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LaronzaW
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience and positive feedback with others on Trip Advisor. Hospitality at its best is giving superior service to our guests. That you have taken the time to give us both the recognition and feedback is very much appreciated. Our Chef is always thrilled to make a special meal and making sure your daughter got just what she wanted makes travel what it should be "fun". We hope to see you again when your back in Denver.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

My daughter and I came here to check out Denver University and it was as good as an experience as we could've asked for. Nice staff, friendly and fast service, and clean large suite that viewed the mountains. Its the nicest courtyard I've stayed in to date - and I have over 38 Marriott nights last year alone.

Comfy beds. Room 328 is a suite that faces West towards Rockies. End of hall so is very quiet. Room equipped with microwave and mini fridge to take home yummy leftovers from some great local eateries. Walking distance to Nordstrom Rack. What else could a girl ask for?

Great hotel. Kudos to team for keeping it really nice and service super.

Room Tip: Ask for suite and room facing Rockies. End of hall for quiet. Room 328 is super.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience and positive feedback with others on Trip Advisor. Sounds like you and your daughter had a fun weekend. I hope you both liked Denver University it is an outstanding University with a tremendous reputation. Nordstrom Rack just opened last year and we are thrilled that our guests can walk over to the store. Thank you for taking the time to give us both the recognition and feedback...it is very much appreciated. Should your travels bring you back to the Denver area we hope to once again be your "home away from home". Again thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

I travel often and have been staying at this hotel frequently the last few months. I was warmly welcomed back by my NAME and a nice smile by Carly, the front desk hostess, when I returned a couple of weeks ago. I felt like I was home with her welcome! She represents all that we road warriors want and need... Friendliness, professionalism, caring attitude and a smile!

Room Tip: Mountain views are the best.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Letsgoaz
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and especially that you were able to identify our associate Carly for her warm hospitality. It is very important to us that you feel like we are your "Home away from home" when traveling. I will certainly pass on your great comments to Carly and our team.

Thank you again for your recognition.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Location is prime with easy access to i-25 and amazing mountain views. Clean rooms and lobby, courteous staff...would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank nstock1283

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek and for your feedback on your recent stay. We really appreciate your comments on our great location and mountain views...definitely key benefits to our hotel. However, it is always that our staff provided you with great service that stands out...it is our most important attribute and always our number one goal. We look forward to being your host in the future and sincerely Thank you for taking the time to recognize our team.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Phenomenal hotel and stellar service, from front desk to the general manager who personally introduced herself. Great central location to fabulous shopping and highways. Thank you for a great experience my family Will absolutely be back!!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank raeannenwagner

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback we sincerely appreciate it! That you and your family had a great time during your visit to Denver is exactly what our goal in hospitality is... great service to every guest; every time. I was thrilled to hear you had stellar service. We look forward to being your host in the future and once again Thank you for your recognition and great feedback.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

In terms for value for money, I think the Courtyard brand takes some beating. This is one of the best courtyards.

While I really like the new receptions they have been standardizing on in other Courtyards, this one is different, in that it has a more traditional reception area, with a nice fireplace and seats in the reception area, which makes the place feel welcoming, and the reception staff were excellent.

The room was good, comfortable bed, though still with the relatively low quality sheets that you get at Courtyard (not really a criticism - when you're not paying top dollar, you shouldn't expect the high end luxuries). The bathroom was a little small and not well lit, but it wasn't too bad.

This hotel has one of the better hotel bars. Nice welcoming staff and a decent menu.

The gym and swimming pool are excellent. I actually couldn't get into the pool due to some sort of problem with the door card system, but the receptionists couldn't have been more helpful in getting it resolved so I could get my daily swim in.

All told, this is an excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel that faces the mountains - it's a spectacular view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PaulMJohnson
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Dear Guest –

Dear Gues,

We truly appreciated the kind feedback regard the Courtyard by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek. Our goal is to give every guest an exceptional hospitality experience and your comment on “Great customer service” is exactly what we strive to achieve with every guest, every stay. I was also please to hear that you enjoyed the Fire place in the lobby, the Fitness Center and our Bar and Restaurant. Above all I was thrilled that you were able to get your daily swim in once our Front Desk Agent handled the key lock issue. We are a full service hotel and therefore not a typical Courtyard. It is truly our pleasure to be your host and we hope that when your travels bring you back to the Denver area, we can again be your “home away from home”.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

As many of you who read my reviews know, I travel both for business and for pleasure and I do both a lot. With the exception of this hotel, I'm a loyal Marriott fan. There's nothing wrong with this hotel. It has precisely the quality that one would expect from a Courtyard, and as others have mentioned, while it's not actually in Cherry Creek (fail points to whomever is responsible for naming this property), it's not far from it and Cherry Creek is a wonderful area for laid back, upscale nightlife. I also met some wonderful patrons in the bar.

I will, however, never stay at this property again. Upon checking in, the lady at the counter informed me that I needed to provide my phone number and email address and that I could not check in without providing them. This struck me as odd because I'm a platinum member with my number on the reservation so I would guess that they already have access to my information. If corporate doesn't give individual hotels that information, I assume it's for a reason. Anyway, I was having an experience that I've never had before, the woman was pretty adamant that there was a management policy that I could not check in without providing certain pieces of information that I did not want to give, and she knew that I was clearly bothered by this. She tried to explain that this was for the benefit of the customers in case they left items in their rooms after checking out which, of course, was bull. They were collecting customer information for whatever reason and holding their customers' reservations as ransom.

I lied of course, and I was just ready to check in after an afternoon of traveling.

So...I'm sitting at the hotel bar a short time later having great conversations with employees that shall remained unnamed. S/he (or it?) was well aware of the policy and sympathized. She also noted that the employee who checked me in was, in fact, the manager who had made the policy and that she could have, of course, checked me in with or without this non-standard information.

Today is February 28th and I am spending this week at the Downtown J.W. This, I believe, is my third time staying here since I stayed at the Courtyard. I hope that the information that this Courtyard tried to swindle out of me was worth the over $3K that I've dropped at this hotel since.

>:-)

Look...doesn't seem like a big deal, right? Your information is your information, people, and when you stay at a hotel week in and week out -- a chain that you call home away from home as a business traveler -- I can get asking for information to see if I'll give it up but there's no excuse for holding my reservation captive unless I do.

Room Tip: They may try to force you to give unneeded pieces of personal information. Feel free to lie.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank fyvekatz

Dear Guest,

I am very concerned that you left displeased with your recent stay with us. We are very committed to providing each and every guest with both superior facilities and service.
We realize that our guests' privacy and giving out personal information such as an email address is a personal choice. As a Marriott rewards member I'm sure you also realize that Marriott does not require this information. That you were told it was necessary is definitely a concern and will be immediately addressed. I was also equally concerned that you received inaccurate information from our bartender. Policies are not started or implemented without my involvement. I am sorry I did not have the opportunity to discuss this with you in person. I sincerely appreciate your feedback as this gives us an opportunity to correct the error and improve are communication and enhance our guest service. Our commitment to make your stay perfect obviously did not happen...these issues are certainly not representative of our hotel and our staff. I

We take hospitality very seriously. With that being said, I would very much like to discuss your recent stay. Please feel free to call or e-mail me at veanne.stocking@marriott.com, or 303-757-8797. I look forward to speaking to you and hope you will allow us to be you host in the future.

Veanne Stocking

Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
1 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek
1 mi away
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek

Been to Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!