“Nice hotel - terrible pillows”

Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #62 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Columbus, Ohio
“Nice hotel - terrible pillows”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I stayed here on business back in early December 2012 for business, and was impressed with the recent remodelling of the hotel. The new bar area is very nice, as is the lounging areas around the lobby.

The room I had was smaller than I wanted... actually, the room was fine... the bathroom was quite cramped though. Even with that said... the room was fine.

My only disappointment is that the hotel (and I think Courtyards in general) have the worst pillows in existance. The first night, I had to use three of them just to try to have some neck support. The following day, I went up the street to Target and bought an extra firm pillow for $7 to help.

Overall, very nice hotel... just come with your own pillow though.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I do sincerely apologize you found the quality of our pillows lacking. We do have 4 types of pillows available for our guests to choose from by request. I do appreciate your comment as it's apparent to us that we make this benefit more known to our guests so they may enjoy a more comfortable sleeping experience. Thank you again for being our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Courtyard by Marriott – Denver Cherry Creek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Banbury
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Stayed there for a wedding in Denver in mid-November as this was a much cheaper option than the JW Marriott where the wedding was being held. The rooms were spacious and had a fridge & microwave. Room was spotlessly clean and we had a lovely view of the Rockies from our room. We opted to include breakfast in the rate we paid which was a good option as the breakfast was excellent, although I think it helped that the hotel was not particularly full. Coffee, as usual for America - sorry you guys- was pretty awful but the juice made up for that. Would certainly stay there again even though the location was away from the main Cherry Creek shopping & entertainment area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Rockies
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Dear Guest,

I am so grateful that you shared your experience at our hotel with us. Thank you for choosing our Courtyard to host you during your joyous occasion! "Spotless" is definitely a word we like to hear and I'm so glad your room had one of our spectacular Rocky Mountain views! Thanks for the tip about the coffee - our Chef will be looking into it to provide a tastier option for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Glad tidings of great joy this holiday season,
Gunnison, Colorado
Reviewed 10 December 2012

My daughter and I stayed here over the weekend while taking a Denver trip to see the Nutcracker. We did not spend much time in the hotel other than to sleep. The front desk staff was courteous. We did arrive 4 hours earlier than the posted check in time and our room was ready. I was a little surprised by the neighborhood. When booking, I expected the Cherry Creek area to be a little nicer. I did call my friend who was staying at the same hotel to make sure I was in the right place. We didn't have any problem with our vehicles in the parking lot and we did feel safe. This hotel is very close to Cherry Creek Mall if that interests you.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Courtyard with the world. I'm very happy to hear that our staff were courteous and able to accomodate your early check-in during this stay! While the Colorado Boulevard is very business oriented, we are just a skip, hop & a jump away from the Cherry Creek shopping area which can certainly fulfull all of your entertainment & dining needs. We hope to welcome you back next year when you see the Nutcracker!

Glad tidings of great joy this holiday season,
Aspen, Colorado
Reviewed 21 November 2012

On our last stay at the hotel, I left several items of clothing in our room, and unknowingly, departed for home. I contacted Anthony Franker several days later and Mr. Franker was diligent in his job by contacted housekeeping and ultimately shipping my clothing to me.
I would like to commend Mr. Franker and the entire staff at the Marriott Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek for a great stay and outstanding attention to customer satisfaction!
Regards, Rick Magill

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Mr. Magill,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback and recognizing Anthony's excellent service! I am so glad to hear we were able to find your missing items and return them to you promptly. While all of our associates are diligent in their service, it is not everyday that they are recognized by name and I sincerely appreciate you for taking the time to do so. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Courtyard in the near future!

Caledonia, Michigan
Reviewed 21 November 2012

The location is close to major freeways, making business travel easy and convenient. It was also close to a variety of restaurants, though I didn't eat near this hotel. Though it doesn't offer much to look at from the outside, it's what's inside that counts. For under $150/night, my room on the 3rd floor was clean, quiet, had plenty of space to spread out my business and the comfortable bed expected from Marriott hotels. Check-in/Check-out was very easy, and the staff very friendly. I can't comment on the in-house restaurant, as I didn't eat here. Parking was free, and it was very easy to park close to the front door. I would choose this location again if conducting business in the Denver area.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am so glad to hear our location made doing business in Denver more convenient for you! With our upcoming lobby renovation, our hotel will provide a grab & go bistro and Starbucks to save more time during a hectic business day. Be sure to try our restaurant during your next stay with us - Chef Jaime's new menu is killer! We look forward to having you return as our guest.

Colorado
Reviewed 20 November 2012

this is a nice hotel, looks to be newly renovated. welcoming lobby area, nice cocktail lounge (not a bar, as it is more cozy and warm looking). Located just off I25 on Colorado Ave., which is a very busy street and not one you want to cross to get to the other side. Not much in the area to walk to anyway, but with a car, the places you can go are very accessible. The highway is just down the street, which can get you downtown quickly as long as you don't hit rush hour. Colorado takes you to the museum, zoo and taking a turn down 17th takes you to numerous good restaurants as well as downtown. Cherry Creek mall and the lovely shopping streets of Cherry Creek are just a ways down Colorado. Hotel rooms are nicely done, comfortable beds, nice breakfast buffet in the AM till 10. Would definitely stay again as it is very convenient to get to and from. Oh, and this is a big one, parking is free.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and giving our future guests great tips on how to get around the area! There are a few restaurants (Noodles & Co., Old Chicago's, Blackeyed Pea, Starbucks) and some shopping (Nordstroms Rack) within walking distance, but we do recommend taking advantage of our free parking so you might explore Denver. We're also just a few blocks away from a lightrail station which can take you directly Downtown with no bother during rush hour! I hope to have you as our guest again soon and appreciate your positive feedback.

Westwood, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Stayed 2 nights and enjoyed the comfortable stay. Nice lobby area with plenty of seating, and free wi-fi was available throughout the hotel. Staff was pleasant and accomodating. Three of us stayed in the room and we didn't feel cramped at all.
I was skeptical after exiting the elevator at the 6th floor, only to find that our room was next to the vending and ice machines. I can honestly say that I never once heard a noise from them.
We were visiting the University of Denver and this location was very convenient to campus.

Room Tip: Try to secure a room on the top floor. Views of the mountains can be seen from 2 sides of the hotel...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at our hotel. Our staff will be delighted to hear that you found their service accomodating and we provided your party with a comfortable room! We also have Suites with 2 Queen beds which can even accomodate more people comfortably and face West towards the Rocky Mountains. We're the closest full service hotel to University of Denver and I'm very glad to hear you found it to be a convenient home-base during your campus visit. Thank you again for your kind response and we hope to have you as our guest again in the near future!

Kindly,
Veanne Stocking
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek

Been to Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!