Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewscourtyard by marriottmountain viewnice hotelfront desk staffbreakfast buffetbusiness tripconvenient locationpool and hot tubroom was largewould stay againexcellent stayeasy accessomeletdulobbystarbucksdowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2013

1st thing I noticed pulling into the parking lot is the hotel is directly behind a gas station-then I saw many signs posted not responsible for car damage. However, I've seen these before but there were a lot posted and then seeing the gas station didn't make me feel to comfortable...but nothing happened. The lobby was nice, staff friendly, no issues with company paying for the room. I stayed on the 8th floor- Room was okay. Nothing special but nothing stood out in the way of comfort or feeling at home...I thought the room was rather small as well as the bathroom...and I didn't have a full length mirror in the room. I left a bag of dirty clothes in the amore- called and house keeping was closed. Called the next day, had to leave a message and then received a call back they had my bag. I went to pick it up and there were no issues-they had tied the bag closed which made me feel better about picking up my dirty clothes-knowing someone had to look in there to see what was left :) Had breakfast buffet-all you can eat...little pricey (considering I usually have it included) about 15 w/tax/tip...but the service staff was jumping to assist...asked if I wanted juice & coffee as I was getting my omelet made...that was very nice since this is a buffet and usually takes me a couple of trips to get food and drinks..it was like a helping hands...2 actually

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sharkerisme
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear guest,

After reading your review I have noticed that while the stay was just OK, it did not exceed your expectations. We do train our staff to provide service that exceeds the need and evidently more training is needed. I am glad you had no incidents during your visit with us, but I do sincerely hope that during your next visit to Denver, you choose us again and we get a second chance to really provide you with excellent service.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

This hotel is a typcial Courtyard Marriott, friendly staff and clean rooms and easy to find right off the highway. The free iced fruit water in the lobby is a nice touch. Having to pay for breakfast not so much. With comparable Hilton hotels offering free breakfast and a great local breakfast spot at Snooze right down the street I doubt many people buy this. My suggestion to the hotel is make breakfast free to stay competitive. Overall a great stay and good service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jason1051

Thank you for staying at our hotel. It is a Marriott Courtyard Brand standard to sell breakfast and we do well with that. Our direct brand competitor for the Hilton Hotels is the Hilton Garden Inn and they too do sell breakfast. However, I do apologize that it was not something that was explained to you or that you were expecting. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and we trust that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Very nice hotel. Breakfast buffet was good but pricy for what you get. Love the fruit water served in the lobby. Hotel was very quiet. Guests have to share a parking lot with a gas station which was strange. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comment. I am glad that your enjoyed your stay with us. Our parking lot is all ours and the gas station should not be using our spots, but I am glad that you brought this to our attention, as we will have to address this issue. We look forward to welcoming you back to Denver again.

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

It hurts me to have to write a terrible review on a Marriott property. We are platinum Marriott members so needless to say we've been in lots of their hotels. This one was a poor excuse for Marriott. The room was clean when we got here but the staff never came to service our rooms. We'd be out all day and then come back late to a filthy room. Took forever for someone at the front desk to answer the phone. Never got replenished shampoo or soap over our weekend stay even after requesting it. We had to call for clean towels and washcloths and when they would finally bring them they didn't bring what we asked for. Check in desk was a disaster. Long lines, slow and not very attentive. This staff needs to be retrained and perhaps have better management. We will be back to Denver and although this location is pretty good for our needs we won't come back to this Marriott.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Vheckler

Dear guest,

I am definitely concerned that your stay was less than perfect to say the least. Your frustrations are valid and I would like to convey my sincere apologizes in regards to this. As a platinum member we do value you and your business and due to this review it is certain that we do need to retrain our front desk staff and housekeeping staff. Delaying in answering the phone, not bringing to your room the amenities that you requested and the lack of attentiveness in getting you checked in to your room is not acceptable at all and I will be insuring that training gets done and hoping that should you return to our property you do give us another chance to serve you correctly. Again, I apologize for the bad experience you encountered at our property.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I wish I could give 3.5 stars. I am being generous because they proudly display their TA four star certificate. Good news: the place was clean and quiet and decent sized room. We had to use the sofa bed which was not very comfortable. Worst was that the hot water went out one morning while we stayed there. Some guests were really angry and rude with the staff, which I thought was an over-reaction, but it was annoying. And they have two computers in the lobby that you can use, but one did not work well and one of the two printers was "operable" but anything you printed was unreadable. Staff were nice, and it was OK but I expected more. Not sure I'd come back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest,

I apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. It definitely was an unfortunate coincidence that your stay coincided with the time that the boilers were not emitting hot water. This issue was fixed immediately. We have also fixed the computers in the lobby and I am sure that if you were to return to Denver and give us another try, you would definitely more impressed with our hotel. Again, on behalf of my staff, I do sincerely apologize and hope that you will give us a second chance to serve you.