“Good Business Hotel”

Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #67 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The stay was convenient and practical for business purposes. Customer service was good and the breakfast was delightful. However, transportation is needed since the hotel is remote from downtown Denver.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you for coming to stay with us at our property. We are so happy you enjoyed our signature Marriott customer service and our fantastic breakfast buffet. I do apologize that we do not have our own transportation to offer our guests. We are always more than willing to set up transportation for you through other companies. Let us know the next time you visit so we can arrange that for you.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Visiting Univ of Denver with my son. Outstanding customer service from hotel in personally booking my room with discounting room with Univ of Denver rate. Room very nice. Service good -gave us a 2 pm checkout. Only complaint is that no breakfast included.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank HFT

Thank you so much for your review of our property. We always enjoy the visits we get from the friends and family of the University of Denver and we are happy that our customer service demonstrates that. Let us know when you come visit next and we will be able to build a DU package for you that includes breakfast. See you next time!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Basic hotel in the middle of nowhere.
Quite old building with basic rooms with old moquette on the floor which should need some renovations.
Staff was kind.
I would suggest this hotel if you are in the city quickly for one night....For more time, i would have a more comfortable accomodation.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I apologize you were unhappy with the location of our property. Most guests stay with us due to our convenient location. We are 2 miles from the Cherry Creek Mall and the University of Denver and 15 minutes from downtown. Being on Colorado Boulevard provides a convenient thoroughfare to most Denver locations. We do hope you come back to visit us when our location suits you better.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This Courtyard seems a little nicer than others. It's clean and convenient - a good business hotel. The pool would be nice for families. What I really liked was the breakfast - there was an omelet station, a nice selection of other food and the waitstaff was attentive. Staff was friendly. A solid choice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you so much for you positive review of our property. We would always like to turn our 4 star stays into 5 star stays. You can always contact me directly if you would like to tell us how we can make every stay of yours a 5 star stay. Thank you again for your kind and supportive words about our staff. We make sure every employee of the hotel reads all of our comments so we can continue to improve our signature Marriott customer service.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I've stayed at this courtyard many times in the past couple years, not much recently.

I found my most recent visit to be pretty sub par. From the front desk guy who was on the phone and did not even acknowledge me visually. Once he got off the phone, looked at me, said nothing, only grabbed my license / credit card, and started processing them.

He said NOTHING about my Marriott GOLD status, which every other Marriott property go out their way to acknowledge and THANK YOU for your continued business. Very cold!

I found the room to be very tired, and dated. The bed was comfortable, the free wifi was useful. The bathroom tub and shower was in need of repair, as the pull up stopper to divert water to the shower was "almost" impossible to pull up.

The coffee bar in the lobby was well stocked, however ALL creamers were sour as I opened numerous ones, which all slid out in a singles blob, YUCK!

I will find another "Home away from Home" for my next trip to Denver.

Room Tip: I don't know what to suggest, as I used to get a good room without asking by being a Marriott GO...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant experience during your last stay with us. If one of our staff interacted with you in the manner you wrote, then we obviously need to do some re-training. All of our front desk staff has been trained to greet every rewards member by their status and I will personally make sure they receive a refresher course in this. We will be updating all rooms in the next few months as well as correcting any maintenance problems. Please contact us directly if you would like to discuss this further so we can try to win you back as a valued Marriott guest.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

This hotel is about a 10 minute ride to the actual Cherry Creek shopping area and mall. This is more of a business class hotel. The lobby was very comfortable and inviting. Great seating areas and fireplace. Never ate here but the restaurant looked nice. The rooms are nice and clean with a microwave and refrig but the bathrooms are on the very small side.

Room Tip: Ask for a view on the backside of the hotel. They have a great view on the mountains and trees
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. The fireplace in our lobby is always a big hit with the seating right in front of it. Definitely come eat in our restaurant for breakfast and dinner on your next visit. Our food and beverage staff is stellar as well. See you next time!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed at the Marriott for 2 nights while visiting the DU campus. Booked the hotel with the DU discount code to save money. Had nice mountain view, with 2 queen beds. The bathroom was clean but TINY and really had no room to keep any toiletries in there. The door to the room was very difficult to open as the carpet is too high and that was a nuisance when I had my hands full. My husband actually had to help me push the door open. Comfortable beds, slept well, did not notice any significant hallway noise but did have the A/C fan on most of the time. Very convenient location to great restaurants, the Cherry Creek mall, movie theater and DU campus.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

We always appreciate visits from DU families to our hotel. Our location is definitely ideal for DU, Cherry Creek, and downtown which is why so many people love to stay here. We do our best to inspect all rooms regularly to assure that issues like the one you had with your door do not happen. We will continue to improve these processes so you will not be disappointed with your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek

Been to Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!