“Comfortable and a great view in Cherry Creek”

Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #65 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed for 2 nights last week of April, 2014. Despite the lobby being refurbished, the reception service was compromised. It was necessary for me to check in late at night due to delays. I called a couple times to assure that my room would be held as I was aware that every hotel in town was booked up. I was assured that there would be a room for me.
I was delighted with my room on the fifth floor facing the mountains! It was spacious, clean and comfy and the view was a treat considering my late check-in and hotels being booked up.
This is a convenient location, and on my last night I didn't feel like driving- was happy to find many options for dinner within walking distance.

Room Tip: ask for higher floor, mountain view- it's glorious!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Courtyard C, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you Lizette! I am so happy we were able to exceed your expectations, and appreciate your understanding of our renovations. The lobby area is almost complete, so please come back soon to enjoy our new Bistro and Bar area.
Cordially,

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I am a Marriott Gold Elite member and this was the WORST MARRIOTT EXPERIENCE I have ever had. The check-in experience sets the tone for any hotel visit. My front desk clerk seemed to want to be anywhere else than working that night. She was short, uninterested, and did not know what she was doing. To make it worse, the OTHER front desk agent was peppy, outgoing, and a true Marriott ambassador. I felt jipped! I had to ask if I received any Gold Elite benefits (none according to her). She told me I was in a suite?!?!?! When I left check-in and went to my room the phone was ringing... It was the friendly (sarcasm) front desk agent. She called to tell me I was not in a suite. Was this a joke? Sadly, no. I completed the Marriott survey sent to my by email and noted my poor experience. I do have to give credit to Celia, the GM. She wrote back and she apologized for dropping the ball on my stay. Unfortunately for Marriott, HILTON will get an opportunity to earn my business.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Courtyard C, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for letting us know about your check-in experience. We are working hard to improve our front desk staff training so that these types of mistakes are no longer made. I appreciate your willingness to talk with me, and will hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Well, I can't say I have ever started a review with the bathroom, but here goes... The bath measures 2 1/2 bathtubs. In that space, place a bathtub, a toilet and a sink... You can barely turn around and the vanity top is super tiny. Enough said about that.
Now, about the connecting doors on what seems like most mountain view rooms. They are very thin and transmit noise from the "attached" room. We moved one night, then the next night someone moved in and the noise started all over again. Like it's almost right there in the room. Non-mountain view rooms will not have mostly connecting doors...your decision. How's that view at 3AM?
Small baths and unusual room design ever for a Marriott.
First room smelled of strong deodorizer.
Under renovation.
Staff stands out. Exceptional.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room with a connecting door.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Courtyard C, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Richard, I would agree that our bathroom size is smaller than other Courtyards. This building has been several different brands over the years, and standards have changed. We wish we could make them bigger, but..... We try to offer superior service and value in many other ways, including our upcoming room renovations, new lobby and restaurant renovations and the additions of a Starbucks coffee kiosk in the lobby. Connecting rooms are a blessing and a curse - great if you have a big group, not so great if you don't need two rooms. Definitely choose a non-connecting room if you don't need two rooms! Thanks for your feedback!
Celia Sellers, GM

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Very nice property - great location. It was undergoing renovation at the time I stayed, but the room was clean and comfortable. They had a pleasant staff, a decent gym, and a hot tub. I'd stay again if in that area.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Thanks for the review! Our lobby renovation will be complete in the next few weeks, so please plan on staying with us again soon so that you can enjoy our updates!
Cordially,
Celia Sellers, GM

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Renovations are currently in progress on the first floor but it did not bother our stay. It's a quiet clean hotel with a great breakfast and lounge (La Crema Pinot Noir). The staff was very friendly. Train to downtown is walkable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Courtyard C, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

So glad you enjoyed your stay, and were satisfied with our lounge services. Our restaurant staff is very knowledgeable and friendly, and loves meeting new guests. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

My husband and I went away for a weekend getaway. What a mistake to stay here. The motel is under renovation but just the front, not the rooms. The bed was not great. When we woke up in the morning neither of us were able to move very well due to the hardness of the bed. The room smelled of smoke.
When we tried to leave a day early, we were told that we had to call to have our reservation changed since we paid for the room already. I did this and then was told that the motels policy is not to allow early cancellations. I asked to speak to a manager and was told that there isn’t a manager on duty over the weekend. The manager named Bernadette would return late Monday which didn’t do any good since we were leaving that morning.
We ate at the restaurant and wanted our meal charged to our room. I was told that my key was to just open the door to my room. No meals can be charged to our room.
Save yourself a lot of heartache and find another motel. This motel truly is not up to Marriott standards. Next time I will probably stay at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. I apologize that your experience was not what you expected. I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your reservation and your stay in more detail if you are open to that conversation. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly by phone to: (303) 757-8797.

Veanne Stocking

Reviewed 6 April 2014

First: reservations said the pool was up and running and if you have kids you know how important that is. But, it was being cleaned and they said it would be ready at noon....2pm....6pm....8pm. By that point it was filled, but you would have had to be a polar bear in order to enjoy it. Second:breakfast made me sick to my stomach. Third: at 10pm the hotel flooded completely. The fire trucks had to come, but not before all of our stuff was swimming in broken-pipe water. Boots were ruined.By 11:45pm, the kids were finally back in bed, but then the front desk called to ask my name and phone number, and woke them all up again. There, of course, was no compensation or apology.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Guest,

Our deepest apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced this past weekend. The hotel is nearing the end stages of a renovation and had taken the pool offline for updates. I understand how frustrating it must have been to not have access to this amenity for your children.

The hotel had a guest tamper with a sprinkler head late this past Saturday night which caused rooms on the 1st floor and the lobby to become saturated with water. During a situation like this, our guest’s comfort is the #1 priority. Our staff responded quickly to mitigate the situation by relocating guests to higher floors and to collect guest’s information for insurance purposes. I do hope that this isolated incident does not preclude you from returning to the hotel in the near future to take advantage of our full-service hotel. If you would like to speak to me directly about your stay, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel to (303) 757-8797.

Veanne Stocking

Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek

Been to Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!