“Poor Customer Service”

Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek
Ranked #71 of 161 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I was in town for a convention. At the time of my check-in, I was told that my reservation was for the night before and since I did not show up the night before, my entire reservation had been cancelled and was told that they were completely booked and there were no rooms available for me. Luckily I was with the person who made my reservation who complained. The company that made my reservation had a large number of rooms booked in the hotel for this convention. The front desk agent went to the "back room" and came back and magically had a room available for me for the rest of my stay. It is now almost 3 months after my stay at this location and the billing is still not correct. I have been given the complete run around with numerous charges and credits to my credit card without my authorization and I am still being charged for 4 nights when I was only there for 3 nights. I have talked to numerous people both at the hotel and their parent company 5280 LLC and have gotten nowhere fast. My family travels extensively for business and pleasure - over 250 nights per year. I not only would never stay at this property again - I am hesitant to stay at any other Marriott property. I realize the hotel is undergoing renovations but my bed and pillows were horribly uncomfortable as well.

2  Thank 115kellees
CeliaSellers, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Kellee, I am so sorry your stay with us was not up to our usual standards of guest service. After researching your situation, it appears that your reservation was made for you by your company's travel agent, which unfortunately resulted in wrong dates and even a wrong name on your reservation! Your company also told us that they would be paying for your stay originally, then contacted us and said they would not; hence, the multiple charges and credits on your card. We have your account correct at this time, and I hope you won't have this problem again in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel is undergoing renovations to some rooms on a floor-by-floor basis but we were not even aware of the work. The lobby is inviting with flavored waters, coffee, etc always available. The rooms are typical Marriott and the hotel is close to many chain restaurants. The pool is great. Ask my grandkids!

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thanks Ben! I'm so glad your grandkids enjoyed our pool and hot tub. It's great to have a place to spend time together as a family. Our location on Colorado Blvd. is very close to simple, inexpensive restaurants like Noodles & Company, Black Eyed Pea, Wahoo's Fish Tacos and Old Chicago Pizza - all kid friendly restaurants. We hope to see you and your family together again soon!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The hotel was in a good location by the mall and interstate 25. I felt very comfortable. The hotel itself was average; the bed was a bit too hard and the linens were nothing special. Not the best Marriott property that I've stayed at. I would probably look elsewhere the next visit.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank laadragon
Courtyard C, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thanks for your review. Please try us again when you return to the area to enjoy our fully renovated guest rooms - the new look is outstanding and will improve your experience greatly.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel lobby was under renovation, and I knew this when I booked the hotel. Expecting the worst, I was pleasantly surprised. All the construction was expertly covered with plastic sheeting and taped off around the areas. There was very little dust apparent in the walkways or the still functioning areas.

All the construction was done during the daytime, when most guests are not in their rooms. I did hear some light hammering beneath me (I was on the 2nd floor) and it made sense since the lobby was directly below my room.

As far as the room is concerned, it was previously under a different brand before Marriott, so the sizes of the rooms are not up to the Courtyard specs. The bathroom is tiny and the room is missing that sofa/coffee table sitting area that I am used to with other Courtyards. However, the room was clean and comfortable. The location of this hotel is perfect for my trip, in the middle of Colorado Blvd. where all the action is, and a mile or so away from Cherry Creek mall. No shortages of restaurants or nightlife.

The hotel is behind a gas station/mechanic so from street level, it is somewhat difficult to determine at first which driveway to turn into in order to reach the property. However, after the first experience, no issues whatsoever. Parking was ample both in front and back of the building, and was fenced all around. Felt safe and clean.

The staff was very professional and welcomed me as a platinum level member when I arrived. No issues whatsoever with checking in or out. Each time I approached the front desk for assistance with anything, it was a different person, but I felt as if I were talking to the same as before - their professionalism is very consistent.

If you stay here, try to get up to the top floor restaurant for a peek at the view of the rockies. There was a private event up there the day I decided to go explore, and the people there allowed me to walk in and take some pictures out the windows.

Would I stay here again? For the convenience, yes. The other two Marriott properties are the Fairfield Inn across the street (you can see it from the Courtyard window, it's that close) and the Residence Inn (much newer property) down the street a few blocks north.

Room Tip: West facing rooms have a rocky mountain view and the higher floor you go, the better the view. Eas...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 9021jae

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of the Courtyard Cherry Creek! Your assessment was spot on, and I know that future travelers will appreciate your information. The renovation of our lobby, restaurant and meeting rooms is now complete, and we are working hard to complete the full guest room renovations one floor at a time. We are absolutely doing our best to keep the noise down and as we are not doing any construction, it hasn't been a problem. I hope you will visit us again soon to enjoy the new Courtyard look in our guest rooms!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Courtyard C, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed for 2 nights last week of April, 2014. Despite the lobby being refurbished, the reception service was compromised. It was necessary for me to check in late at night due to delays. I called a couple times to assure that my room would be held as I was aware that every hotel in town was booked up. I was assured that there would be a room for me.
I was delighted with my room on the fifth floor facing the mountains! It was spacious, clean and comfy and the view was a treat considering my late check-in and hotels being booked up.
This is a convenient location, and on my last night I didn't feel like driving- was happy to find many options for dinner within walking distance.

Room Tip: ask for higher floor, mountain view- it's glorious!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you Lizette! I am so happy we were able to exceed your expectations, and appreciate your understanding of our renovations. The lobby area is almost complete, so please come back soon to enjoy our new Bistro and Bar area.
Cordially,

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I am a Marriott Gold Elite member and this was the WORST MARRIOTT EXPERIENCE I have ever had. The check-in experience sets the tone for any hotel visit. My front desk clerk seemed to want to be anywhere else than working that night. She was short, uninterested, and did not know what she was doing. To make it worse, the OTHER front desk agent was peppy, outgoing, and a true Marriott ambassador. I felt jipped! I had to ask if I received any Gold Elite benefits (none according to her). She told me I was in a suite?!?!?! When I left check-in and went to my room the phone was ringing... It was the friendly (sarcasm) front desk agent. She called to tell me I was not in a suite. Was this a joke? Sadly, no. I completed the Marriott survey sent to my by email and noted my poor experience. I do have to give credit to Celia, the GM. She wrote back and she apologized for dropping the ball on my stay. Unfortunately for Marriott, HILTON will get an opportunity to earn my business.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Courtyard C, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for letting us know about your check-in experience. We are working hard to improve our front desk staff training so that these types of mistakes are no longer made. I appreciate your willingness to talk with me, and will hope to see you again in the future.
Celia Sellers

Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek
1 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver East-Stapleton
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek

Been to Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!