I stayed at the hotel for business for a week at the end of Oct 2011. My stay had a bit of a bumpy start. The night I arrived I needed to change rooms and because of errors on the part of the front desk I ended up having to move rooms 3 times. After all this it was about 10pm and I was starving so I attempted to order room service. The first 2 items I tried to order were no longer on the menu and they determined that I had an old room service menu. So they sent up a new menu about 5-10 minutes later but I quickly called them back when I realized they had sent me a breakfast menu and not dinner (I don't know why they did that considering breakfast isn't available at 10pm at night). After some confusion, 15 more minutes and getting another person involved I finally had a dinner menu and was able to order, though to be honest it still looked like I was missing part of the menu, but I was starving and just happy that food was on the way. When i was on the phone with room service trying to sort out having a wrong menu and order dinner they didn't really seem too interested or concerned. And considering I had just moved rooms 3 times, was starving and now couldn't seem to order dinner I wasn't overly impressed. The woman who finally sorted out getting me a correct menu and brought up my meal was very apologetic and brought an extra bowl of fruit for the confusion.
During this time I received a call from the front desk apologizing for moving my room 3 times and letting me know they had added a $45 credit to my account. The next day there was a bottle of wine and personal card again apologizing for moving my room so many times. It was a rocky start but they did their most to make up for their mistake, at least for the issues with moving my room so many times. I felt they should have done a little more for the issues with room service - when I called room service trying to sort it out if they had seemed a little more concerned and helpful about sorting out the problem I probably wouldn't feel this way.
The rest of my stay at the hotel was great as would be expected at a Hyatt. They go above and beyond with their level of service and the location can't be beat - across the street from the convention center with so many great restaurants and bars within walking distance. On the last night when my back was killing me after standing at a conference for 3 days I tried to get into the spa for a massage at the last minute. The spa wasn't able to accommodate me but the concierge called in someone they use regularly who could provide a massage right in my room. Not much more expensive and was definitely worth it.
This was my second stay at this hotel and I would definitely go back a third time despite the issues I had on my first night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 1,100 newly redesigned accommodations, Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center is one of the region’s largest hotels. Standing 36 stories high, sleek and contemporary in design, it is adjacent to the Colorado Convention Center and just one block from the 16th Street Mall pedestrian promenade. The guest rooms were designed with a décor that captures the essence of being where the mountains meet the plains. With special emphasis on state-of-the-art technology, each accommodation features the convenience of LCD Smart 46 inch televisions and free high-speed Internet along with comfortable work stations. A 6,700 square foot fitness center, with windows overlooking the 14th Street Theater District, includes Spa Universaire, an indoor lap-pool and outdoor sun deck and whirlpool. In addition to Altitude Restaurant, Hyatt Regency Denver provides two lounges: Strata Bar located in the lobby and the 27th floor Peaks Lounge which captures sweeping views of the Rocky Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Hotel Denver
- Denver Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Denver
- Hyatt Regency Denver Colorado Convention Center