“Bumpy start but in the end excellent service and accommodation”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #12 of 161 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I stayed at the hotel for business for a week at the end of Oct 2011. My stay had a bit of a bumpy start. The night I arrived I needed to change rooms and because of errors on the part of the front desk I ended up having to move rooms 3 times. After all this it was about 10pm and I was starving so I attempted to order room service. The first 2 items I tried to order were no longer on the menu and they determined that I had an old room service menu. So they sent up a new menu about 5-10 minutes later but I quickly called them back when I realized they had sent me a breakfast menu and not dinner (I don't know why they did that considering breakfast isn't available at 10pm at night). After some confusion, 15 more minutes and getting another person involved I finally had a dinner menu and was able to order, though to be honest it still looked like I was missing part of the menu, but I was starving and just happy that food was on the way. When i was on the phone with room service trying to sort out having a wrong menu and order dinner they didn't really seem too interested or concerned. And considering I had just moved rooms 3 times, was starving and now couldn't seem to order dinner I wasn't overly impressed. The woman who finally sorted out getting me a correct menu and brought up my meal was very apologetic and brought an extra bowl of fruit for the confusion.

During this time I received a call from the front desk apologizing for moving my room 3 times and letting me know they had added a $45 credit to my account. The next day there was a bottle of wine and personal card again apologizing for moving my room so many times. It was a rocky start but they did their most to make up for their mistake, at least for the issues with moving my room so many times. I felt they should have done a little more for the issues with room service - when I called room service trying to sort it out if they had seemed a little more concerned and helpful about sorting out the problem I probably wouldn't feel this way.

The rest of my stay at the hotel was great as would be expected at a Hyatt. They go above and beyond with their level of service and the location can't be beat - across the street from the convention center with so many great restaurants and bars within walking distance. On the last night when my back was killing me after standing at a conference for 3 days I tried to get into the spa for a massage at the last minute. The spa wasn't able to accommodate me but the concierge called in someone they use regularly who could provide a massage right in my room. Not much more expensive and was definitely worth it.

This was my second stay at this hotel and I would definitely go back a third time despite the issues I had on my first night.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2011

Dear Tamroyale,

I am very glad to hear we recovered your stay so well for you. I am terribly sorry that it was necessary but happy it worked out in the end. I am also following up internally to make sure there are no other old menus floating around so we can prevent that particular issue from reocurring. I look forward to having you back again soon for your third stay and I hope you can take advantage of our spa services again!

Best Regards,

Hotel Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,601)

Reviewed 17 December 2011

I had made reservations for a weekend away for my partner's 30th birthday. Unfortunately I had to work with the hotel for several months to find a weekend that worked. My father had given us a "weekend accommodations for two" deal. Well, after rescheduling the reservation again with the Hyatt manager, she had the correct dates but the wrong month. I didn't know this happened until we got to the hotel and they couldn't find our reservation for that day. Now, I realize I had rescheduled with them and it was an honest mistake, but I was disappointed because our gift from my father was clearly for a "weekend" and the manager had us down for like a Tuesday/Wednesday of the wrong month. Anyway, they ended up finding us a room that was exactly what we had wanted, and I later realized when paying my credit card bill that they did not charge us for the valet parking we had used. We did not ask them to do this or anything to make up for the mistake they made so I was impressed with this part of the customer service.

However, I would say overall that it is somewhat overpriced, especially when we had to pay for Internet and their cable consists of about 5-10 channels at best. My boyfriend ended up getting really sick with flu-like symptoms and spent most of the weekend bored in bed as there was very little entertainment.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2011

We arrived at the hotel on a Saturday afternoon and it was very busy as we were informed they were having several events at the hotel that evening, despite that fact, parking and pulling into the driveway was very easy. The valets were very kind and really on top of things, especially Will. Valet was the way to go, organzied, and the car was always waiting by the time we got downstairs.
The line at the front desk to check in was very long, but it went very quickly we were surprised. Fast, friendly and very efficient check in.
The rooms were very clean and modern. The beds were super comfortable.
The only complaint that I have, and this was eventually resolved, was that our shower was broken, and we called the front desk, and they said they would send someone right up, but it took a little longer than right up, so luckily my parents had a room down the hall, so we just went and used their shower as we had an appointment to get to.
When we got back to the hotel, our shower was fixed and the assistant manager Jake had written us a nice card and gave us a box of chocolates which we gobbled up very quickly. Very thoughtful, but also very unnecessary. Thanks Jake.
On our last night, we went up to the Altitudes Bar and had a drink, nice setting, good view and a good place to have a drink. We had a very pleasant experinece with everyone on staff at this hotel and would recommend it to friends, and would stay again.
I do have one suggestion... many of the guests attended the Bears-Broncos football game, (us included) have you ever thought of running a shuttle service over to the stadium? Just a thought, but not a deal breaker.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2011

Dear Karebear3434,

Thank you for your kind words. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly and that you enjoyed the chocolates I sent you. As for the shuttle I don't know if we will ever have one because of the many other options from downtown to the stadium and also due to the liabilities involved with transporting lots of rowdy football fans but I will pass the idea along. I hope that next season we can have you back for another great game or even earlier if you need a little vacation!

Reviewed 11 December 2011

We had a great stay at this hotel. When we arrived the valet was very crowded but they handled it very efficiently and were very friendly. This set the tone for the whole stay at the hotel. At check-in the receptionist recognized we had a small child so she put us far from the elevators, with no connecting door for a quiet stay. She also took into consideration that small children are fascinated with views of the city and put us on one of the higher floors so we could have a great view. She was very helpful.
The hotel was fully booked and the busiest they had been since they opened five years ago, according to front desk staff, and while you could tell the hotel was busy and had lots of traffic flow; it never affected our wait for our car or any other services we needed.
Everything from the lobby to the room were spotless and well appointed. I am a stickler for clean rooms and take notice when they are were as clean as this one. Also feel the need to mention how quiet it was once we were in our rooms. We never heard footsteps above us or any noise from the rooms beside us.
The next morning we tried the breakfast buffet at the resturant. The food and the staff were all fabulous. Well worth the price. Very unique things to find at a breakfast buffett such as individual yogur parfaits with fresh berries, granola, and some sort of fresh fruit sauce.
The hotel is very close to Denver Pavillions and 16th street mall. Short drive to the zoo.
Great overall experience, I would recommend this hotel to anyone and can't wait to stay there again sometime!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2011

Dear berthoudrunner,

I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in so many different facets this past weekend. Even with as busy as we were I'm glad that you were well looked after with a nice quiet room, a flawless check in, effeciency on the front drive, and a nice CLEAN room to top it all off. You're more than welcome to come back and stay with us any time!!

Best,

Danny Whelan

Reviewed 2 December 2011

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and have never been disappointed. Rooms are spotless and designed so well -- right down to storage spot for luggage in closet. Altitudes bar is beautiful and a great hangout for an evening drink. Walk to 16th st mall convention ctr, performing arts complex and lodo. Will return soon.

• Stayed: November 2011
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2011

Dear stansnikki,

I'm very happy to hear that you have continued to enjoy our property. Thank you for your wonderful review and I hope we can have you down from Fort Collins again soon!!!

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 November 2011

We arrived at the Hyatt Regency for a day at Thanksgiving getaway and things didn't start off well. There were some mix-ups with our hotels.com reservation and some misunderstandings with staff. I am glad we stuck it out though. This ultra comfortable, uber clean, sleek modern hotel was perfect. We appreciated the roominess of the junior suite, the cozy club level service and the brand new gym and spa. But it's the restaurant and the service overall that really standout. Thank you Jake R and Ryan. We'll be back soon!

• Stayed: November 2011
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

Dear SistahTraveler,

Thank you SO much for your kind review! We are of course glad that you "stuck it out" as well and I will be sure to let Jake and Ryan know that they made your stay. Come back and see us again soon!

Danny Whelan

Reviewed 24 November 2011

My wife and I dropped in on the Tuesday night before Thanksgiving. We got a great rate and package by asking at the front desk. Location was great because it is so close to the 16th Street Mall. Room was solid nothing amazing. Great View.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple