“Tremendous Location for Convention Goers”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #10 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Booked a room here for a Drupal Convention in March. The room was exceptionally clean, the staff and room service were awesome, and the location was perfect! Literally crossed the street to get to the Convention Center!

Moreover, because many of the after parties were held in other venues like the 16th Street Mall area, it was all within easy (I mean just a few blocks) walking distance. Never took a cab the entire time I was there and was on the go a great deal between daytime and nighttime entertainment.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the mountains have a better view than the ones facing the city.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Morpheus101010,

Thank you for the positive review, the hotel enjoyed hosting Drupalcon. It is great to hear you enjoyed the room and service that we provide. I know Drupalcon had a lot of events within the city and I am glad to hear you didn’t have to take taxi to your events. Hopefully we can have you back to enjoy our city!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center

Reviewed 20 April 2012

I was down on Hyatts for a number of years after practically living in them around the world. It seemed that things had gotten too variable--especially the service. If this Hyatt is any indication, they have corrected that.

The hotel was nice, clean and well kept. Good work surfaces and lots of charger plugs on the desk. The staff went out of their way to take care of you. I had to call about one minor problem and it was fixed within minutes, they called to make sure I was happy and gave me some credit against my bill for something that was just a minor annoyance.

Room Tip: Get mountain view if you can.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear tatworthington,

Thanks for the wonderful review! I apologize that you experienced an issue; however I am glad to hear that it was fixed in a timely manner and handled properly. It is great to hear that we restored your faith in Hyatt and we certainly hope to have the pleasure of serving you here again.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

My wife and I spent last night (4/18/2012) here, as it was the closest hotel to the Celtic Women concert at the Wells Fargo Theater. I have nothing but good to say about the experience. We were checked in by Amanda, who offered a lot of great advice about hotel services and things going on in the area. We had dinner at Altitude, the hotel restaurant. The food was beyond excellent (we both had the Miso Gorgonzola Filet- awesome) Taylor and Ben made sure we where taken care of. I especially appreciated how they were very attentive to us, but were not in our face every five seconds. A fine line to be sure, but both men managed it very well. After the concert we went up to Strata, the bar on the 27th floor. Beautiful Hazy (our cocktail waitress) was a gem. She went out of her way for us, and even got us a better table when it became available (better view of the city). We had breakfast this morning (we had the buffet, excellent) were Shanice and Maona again were consummate professionals. Upon checkout this morning, Nick went out of his way to resolve a little billing concern (the ticket from breakfast hadn't cleared yet) All in all, a great experience. I highly recommend this Hyatt, and most of all, I commend all of the wonderful folks who took care of my wife and I!!!

Room Tip: Get a Mountain View on one of the upper floors. The view is tremendous!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Gerg S.,

What wonderful comments and such a great review, thank you! I am glad that each staff member you interacted with was able to show you the dedication to customer service that our hotel prides itself on. I will ensure that your comments about each individual will be shown to their team and management. Also, the Miso Gorgonzola Filet is one of my favorites, so I am glad you enjoyed it! We hope to host you and your wife for another getaway soon!

Hotel Assistant Manager.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

We enjoyed staying at the Hyatt. The first night, we asked for extra hangers and glasses. Housekeeping was great and brought them right up! The check-in was painless with the little kiosk off to the side that was super easy to operate. It generated my key and invoice via computer based on my pre-registration. So quick, so easy....it was way cool! The decor is great. I thought the room charges and drink prices were quite high, but the quality was as well.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Love this hotel in all the typical ways...but it takes an exceptional hotel to deal with security issues well. We stayed 2 nights: the first night, wonderful, the second night at 3:00 am a wild, loud, out-of-control party erupted next to our room. Outrageous, really. I called security immediatey, and 2 security staff members were up and taking care of the situation without a second call. Within 20 minutes, the whole situation was resolved (not sure where the partiers went...). Yes, our sleep was interrupted, but the hotel cannot anticipate which guests will be irresponsible. The fact remains that when I called, the Hyatt Security staff responded immediately & completely. Thank you Hyatt for your professional Security staff.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Nalu,

Thank you for the five stars and such a wonderful review! I apologize your night was interrupted, but I am happy to see that security responded quickly and resolved the situation. Our security staff is very hard working and it is great to see them get the recognition they deserve. We have shared your review with the security team, as well as the rest of the hotel. We hope to have you back again, but for a night without interruptions.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

A few more Hyatts like this and I'm going to start staying at the chain more regularly ... definitely recommend if you need to be in downtown Denver. The location is great - by the convention center and arts center as well as near the downtown mall, which has food options ranging from Jamba Juice and Jimmy John's to places like Hard Rock Cafe as well as a movie and Lucky Strike (bowling). Sam's #3 a good greasy spoon/local dive also right down the street. Rooms are typical Hyatt rooms so no issues there. Staff is extremely attentive and helpful ... always available, even when I'd go down to the lobby at 2 am. The 24-hour shop was a bonus for a night owl like me - has fresh bakery items, coffee and normal "store" stuff (postcards, magazines, sodas, chips, etc.). Room service solid. Light rail adjacent to the hotel might alleviate the need for a car, depending on what your plans are. However, if you wish to explore Denver or head to nicer shopping (Cherry Creek area) - there is an Enterprise on site if you didn't pick up a car at the airport. Would definitely return if I needed to be downtown.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ellen0206
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear ellen0206,

Wow, thank you for the five stars!! I am glad our property offered everything you needed. With shops and restaurants in Downtown Denver being so close, it is definitely one of the things I love about working here. It’s great to hear that you kept our late night Perk’s coffee shop staff some company, too. Hope the need to be in the city will bring you back soon!

Lindsay Nielsen

Reviewed 13 April 2012

I haven’t stayed at many Hyatt’s but I selected this hotel because of its location (its right across the street from the convention center). The service was amazing. I was greeted when I arrived by a lady in a suit who directed me into the hotel. I was then greeted by another woman who walked me up to the counter and checked me in right away.

My room was spacious and very clean with a modern décor. The universal design of the room made it perfect for wheelchair users and those who are not. But here’s what sold me…they have a vegan breakfast option on the menu. A delicious breakfast sandwich with grilled veggies served on a grilled wheat bagel. I ordered that, hash browns and a side of soy milk for my in-room coffee, and I was set until dinner.

The staff at the concierge desk was very helpful recommending places to eat. They have an entire list of vegan restaurants, but also recommended other great spots that happened to be vegan/vegetarian friendly. Have them reserve for you and they may have the folks send over a little pre-dinner treat. I ended up eating at Zengo based on their recommendation and enjoyed one of the best dining experiences ever.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Cynthia_Annette,

Thanks for the stellar review and great comments! I am glad to hear we took care of you from the very start of your stay and that you enjoyed our vegan dining selections. It's great that you were able to take advantage of our concierge services to find the perfect restaurant for you!

Lindsay Nielsen