“Poor AT&T reception for cell phones (but still a nice hotel)”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #8 of 156 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
cmtk767
“Poor AT&T reception for cell phones (but still a nice hotel)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

The hotel is very nice but the signal on my AT&T Iphone was very bad (other than in the lobby) - a lot of time had no reception at all.
I was also plagued by Internet problems multiple times - the Internet help desk is just unreachable. Tried them three times and waited forever in the endless waiting queue (I guess a lot of other people had issues as well), never was able to reach anyone. Front desk was not capable to help with this.
$20 for a lost umbrella??? First time see I something like that at a Hyatt. At many other Hyatts umbrellas are complimentary during rain!
Other than that the hotel is very nice and service is the staff is very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
RegencyHyatt, Hotel Assistant Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 15 September 2012
Dear cmtk767,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on the hotel. I am very sorry that you experienced issues with the internet during your stay as this is not Hyatt standards. I have passed your comments on to our tech support team to provide better service for our guest. I hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again.

Cory Bartoli
Hotel Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
melbourne, australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

Hi all....... I recently stayed at this hotel mid August, 2012. It was just an overnight stay, but was most impressed by the standard & style of this establishment. Very courteous & knowledgeable staff. It was busy. There seemed to be a lot of people wearing name tags, so I guess there was some sort of convention happening. This didn't reduce the level of service.
Room was quiet & very well appointed. The cocktail bar on top floor, the Peaks lounge I think it is called was great. Fabulous views of downtown & out to the mountains.
Only a small annoyance was no free wifi in your room??? Why is it that a hotel with less ***',s doesn't charge , BUT a hotels with 4-5 stars do charge. ????

Room Tip: Ask for room away from elevator on the highest floor possible.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed on Saturday night great rate via Priceline, amazing lication right on 16th street. rooms very clean, not much barriers between rooms can here your neighbors very clear, i thought a new hotel like this would have better walls, that is the main problem!!

• Stayed September 2012
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

My family stayed two nights. Overall, a nice hotel and very clean room. Some issues to consider: (1) the pool is a lap pool (4 feet deep), thus not the best kid pool; (2) they have an amazing workout gym - excellent; (3) need to use valet parking which is $30 a day - thankfully they were quick and friendly; (4) free WiFi only available in lobby, unless you stay in a floor closer to the ground and you can pick up the signal. We took their breakfast deal as part of our reservation. I would not do that again. It was not any great savings, plus it was $16 for an average breakfast buffet. It would be better to go out or just buy directly and then not be obligated to eating their if we did not want to.

Room Tip: Free WiFi is supposedly only in the lobby. Though we requested to be on a floor not so high (7th fl...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mpd_NE
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

Have stayed here several times when we come to Denver. Good location, nice people, some good weekend rates.
Hotel has reasonable sized outdoor pool.
Parking can be expensive but on the last weekend we stayed here it was free in a garage only 2 blocks away.
Close to 16th St. and LoDo.
Restaurant has a good breakfast buffet.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bsmvca
Bangor, ME
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Very nice hotel with a great location; I was here recently for a conference. My room (two double beds) was large enough, clean, with plenty of drawer and closet space and a smallish but perfectly comfortable bathroom; the ventilation system also worked well and was quieter than I've also had in hotels. It had a desk chair but not a more comfortable chair, which I would have used a lot. But that was my only complaint about the room, The hotel is across the street from the convention center and just a block from the 16th Street Mall. Plenty of eateries of various price ranges are within easy walking distance. I ate at the hotel restaurant twice--the food was pretty good but not great, but certainly tasty enough. Service there and throughout the hotel was fine. This was not an inexpensive hotel, even with the conference rate, so if you need to save money, be sure to shop around. But if you get a good rate here, you should find this a top-notch hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Soxfanfrommaine
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
Dear Soxfanfrommaine,

Thank you for your comments and review; we appreciate you taking the time to write such wonderful remarks. I apologize your room did not have a more comfortable chair as we are always willing to accommodate our guests. I truly hope you come and stay with us again!

Lindsay Nielsen
Hotel Assistant Manager
Ames, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Hotel is downtown where space is at a premium, I pulled in and was advised Valet was 30 but due to busy weekend hotel offered garage up the street free, nice guy and took the time to explain. Most valet guys become unhelpful once they learn you won't use the service (no chance at tip). This guy was a notch above and made a great 1st impression of hotel. When I checked in I was greeted when walked in door and next desk agent met me in lobby and walked me back to check in. Another nice touch. The room was small but nice, bathroom very small, had some slight build up on shower head and curtain was not gross but noticably ready to be changed. They had toothpast in bathroom, would rather see mouth wash as many other hotels offer since it is tough to travel with mouthwash in luggage. Hotel internet was free for Hyatt elite members (me) but i think they offered it to all over busy weekend as non business travelers are more fee sensitive my guess is they wanted to protect their high rating on sites like this. I'll play into it as normally would rate a hotel like this a 4. Nice staff and wise business policies and no real problems earned the hotel a 5. Oddly enoughwhen I left there was a note on my door saying sorry about the fire alarm, was pulled by a unknown prankster. Should I be worried or happy I didn't hear it (a. safety concern couldn't hear it or B. happy I had great sleep) Or it was pulled before 215 am when I got back from being out. Don't know. Also was nice I slept in well past check out (about an hour and half past check out) and staff didn't ride me about getting out, another nice touch. I feel good about giving a 5 rating even though I have had better.

Room Tip: If you are on a budget opt for off site parking, I think it was 13 buchs a day most places within 3...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo