“Quality Hotel in Downtown Denver”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #14 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the Hyatt. Its a high quality hotel, in a great downtown location. By coincidence, we stayed the same night the Baltimore Ravens checked in but despite that, we were treated professionally, with personal attention, and I can't complain about a thing. Our room was great and quite chic, the bed lovely and comfortable and most importantly, it was quiet within our 'space' notwithstanding the pre-game activities going on. The hotel is within walking distance of some great restaurants and bars (try Larimer Street) and shopping. Congrats to the staff for handling the stress of the 'playoff weekend' without impact.

Room Tip: We chose a room on the higher floors but I'm not sure that is really important - although we had...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Dear Neneb,
Thank you for the five stars and wonderful review. It is always fun and exciting to have such great festivities around town, and even with so much happening I am glad we still delivered the personal touch to your stay! I hope you come stay with us again and enjoy some more of the wonderful places in Denver!

Hotel Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,553)

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Irritating "company policies" -- Reserved one room at the hotel for a long weekend & discovered the first night that my other daughters would be able to join us for the second night. Went to the front desk to obtain a 2nd room using the “Friends & Family” discount but was informed that the rate was not available because I had not made the two reservations at the same time. (The front desk agent also called her manager to ask – saying that the guest “knew about the friends & family discount”. Apparently this is some kind of secret - which YOU now know! 2nd room 1/2 off --)

I proceeded to book the room anyway, only to discover that the rate was now higher than what I was paying for the original room. (Minor amount of money; just strange that it wasn’t matched since the hotel was virtually empty on Saturday night.)

My daughters said that the breakfast buffet was pretty marginal. The scrambled eggs were downright terrible (appeared to have been fried or baked and then cut into pieces) and the rest of the food was lukewarm and had clearly been sitting.

The room was clean & pretty much what you expect from a Hyatt. Valet was friendly & efficient.

Although the hotel was virtually empty, we did not receive a view, corner room or anything extra. Used a AAA discount so that probably explains it.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
RegencyHyatt, Hotel Assistant Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Dear ColoChick_11,

Thank you for taking time to review the hotel. I appreciate you sharing your experience as it did not meet the standards expected of Hyatt. I am going to try to reach out to you to discuss your stay, so we can grow from your experience. I look forward to speaking to you.

Cory Bartoli

Reviewed 6 January 2013

This hotel is beautiful and conveniently located near the convention center. The lobby is large and beautiful with a great bar. The rooms are good sized, updated and comfortable. It also has a great bar at the top floor with a beautiful view of the city.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Dear EmacTravels,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. I am glad you had the time to take in the wonderful bars in our hotel. One of our best features is Peak’s with the gorgeous views of the mountains. I hope that you can continue to return and take it all in!!
Cory Bartoli

Reviewed 4 January 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in downtown Denver on the first night of our trip to Colorado. We wanted somewhere really nice to stay as this was part of our Holiday/Anniversary trip. We chose the Hyatt Regency based on the hotel images and various reviews we had read.... 100% satisfied. We could beat the price for such a fabulous hotel. From the moment we stepped out of the rental car, there was someone to greet us and valet our car if we chose to. We chose to stay in free parking garage down just 1 block from the hotel (all employees informed us of this option, so there is no pressure to valet). A valet attendant watched our vehicle while we went inside and checked in before parking. Then a bellhop took our luggage to our room while we parked. Of course tips are in order for all of these services. For an additional small fee of $9 we were upgraded to a room on the 30th floor with a spectacular view of downtown Denver. The room was extremely clean, modern, and comfortable. This hotel is also located in the heart of downtown, walking distance from shopping (The Pavillion), restaurants, bars, and a million and one Starbucks (Seriously, there is one on every corner). We didn't pull our car out of the garage even once during our stay...we walked everywhere! Our only regret, is not reserving the room for an extra night. It was great for a couples trip.

Room Tip: It's definitely worth it to get a room with a view!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2013

Dear EMM31310,

Thank you for such a fantastic review. I am happy that you chose us for your Anniversary trip and I am glad you were satisfied. We love having people stay with us while visiting Denver because our location makes it so easy to sight see. We hope to have you back again and maybe you can grab a Starbucks on your way in.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

I've stayed at this hotel once a year for the past 3 years. While I do not quibble that it is great value for the money, in an excellent location and, importantly, clean, I will not stay at this hotel again. Here's why: I've had two consecutive experiences there that have called into question the importance that the hotel places on privacy and security.

I stayed at the hotel in December 2011 for my sister's graduation. When my mom checked in, she received our room keys and we were sent up to our room. We entered the room to discover a woman sleeping on the bed and her bags on the floor. Imagine her surprise/shock/fear to discover two strangers staring at her in disbelief. Since that moment, I think twice about the security of my belongings in a hotel room and the fact that me being in the room doesn't really make my belongings more secure (oh, and I always lock the internal door lock now). So I think that covers off safety, security and privacy. Needless to say, we were quite upset by the time we arrived back at the front desk. We received a new room assignment and were offered entry to their VIP lounge in acknowledgement of our concerns.

I stayed at the hotel a couple days ago for New Year's Eve (2012). In advance of my check in, I received an email providing information about the hotel's New Year's celebrations, etc. All good information until I noticed that the hotel had cc'd a few hundred people staying at the hotel rather than bcc'ing them. This meant that not only did I have access to the personal email addresses of a few hundred strangers, but they had access to my email address as well (which appeared in the email list showing my full name). I am very guarded about my privacy online so I was quite distressed to find that a few hundred strangers knew exactly where I was staying on NYE and, by sending an email, could have easily discovered where I work, how to contact me at work, and, by extension, where I live. So that covers off safety, security and privacy as well (and a lack of professionalism...this kind of mistake should not happen at a well-oiled machine like the downtown Denver Hyatt). I was again offered entry to their VIP lounge in acknowledgement of my concerns (nice but didn't address my concerns). I should mention that the cost to stay there for NYE was more than double the cost at other times.

Without those two consecutive experiences, I would have given this hotel 5 stars as it otherwise excels. Perhaps I've just been unlucky...

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank GNH99
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

Dear GNH99,

Thank you so much for your review and for sharing your feedback. Both experiences that you mention should never have happened and are very unfortunate accidents. We continue to learn from our mistakes and make improvements within our operations. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show that we are a five star well-oiled machine and we try hard to ensure our guests feel secure.

Reviewed 2 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for an event downtown and had a blast. The staff was very helpful and the room was nice. We arrived right around checkin but our room wasn't ready. The gentleman who checked us in was very helpful, explained the delay, and called us as soon as the room was ready. We had easy access to everything downtown including the train. This hotel stay was totally different than my prior experience and we will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Lovetoroadtrip82,

Thank you for posting a follow up review, and such a positive one at that! I am so happy to hear that your stay was better than the previous one. The hotel staff tried to ensure we are exceeding our guest’s expectations and it sounds like we did this time! We can’t wait to have you back again soon!

Reviewed 2 January 2013

We booked a stay at the Hyatt Regency for a weekend getaway and to attend a Broncos game.
We have stayed at this property before and returned because of past experience. We were not dissapointed.

We had a room on the 29th floor with a city view. Check in was quick and easy and the staff was friendly and helpful. We stopped off at the Peaks Lounge one late evening. The lounge was busy, but we received prompt service.

We utilized the self-parking option in the hotel garage with in & out privleges. The only issue was on Saturday night, there was a special event and parking was limited. But upon telling the attendent we were hotel guests, we were allowed in the garage. Due to the holiday events that weekend, the hotel was also offering free parking in a parking garage about two blocks away.

We checked out using the kiosk. This was quick, easy and the bill was correct.

We will return this hotel again when staying in Denver

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Mtnfireguy,
Thank you for such wonderful feedback! I am so happy to hear that your experience was not disappointing and that you received prompt service from everyone. I am glad that our parking limitations did not cause too much of an inconvenience. We look forward to hosting you during your next trips to the city!