“Denver Hotel and Dining”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #12 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 January 2013

This very nice hotel is directly across from the convention center. I stayed there two nights during a busy convention. The staff were extremely courteous (including my complimentary cup of coffee at their 24 hr coffee shop; and extra coffee in the room), and the stay was comfortable and inviting. The "Altitude" restaurant dining was excellent for all meals, as well as room service was prompt. Reasonable rates and spacious lobby, as well as right next to the light rail. Only drawback for Denver is the $60 taxi fee from the airport to the hotel. There are other options for closer to $25 in vans, but otherwise a very nice place.

1  Thank Van H
RegencyHyatt, Hotel Assistant Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

Dear Van H,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to enjoy our coffee shop and our restaurant. The shuttles that bring you from the airport to Denver are a thrifty option over a taxi and I hope you always come back to our hotel when visiting Denver!

Reviewed 31 January 2013

Stayed one night for a quick staycation. The hotel was incredibly busy with several large functions. The lobby was hopping but there seemed to be a small army of staff there to help with everything. The room was nicely appointed and very clean. The upper floor bar was nice, and the service was excellent, despite being incredibly busy. My only real complaint was that the on-site restaurant shut down the Sunday breakfast buffet at 11. Checkout is also at 11. Our plans to checkout and have a nice Sunday brunch were thwarted as the restaurant was switching over to a lunch buffet. That was odd. Staff and facilities were great. Tip: the coffee shop in the lobby can make a pizza for you for pickup. They'll even include a two-liter bottle of soda and ice in glasses. A great alternative to room service if you're in the mood for food and a movie.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank b1gtraveler
Reviewed 30 January 2013

The spaces for is so well cared for, it feels fresh and clean. The food provided for a really large group was excellent. I did not like the hotel restaurant food at all. It was surprisingly poor because everything else was so good. The room was very good, the workout room was also very good. The whole experience was very efficient, clean and good quality except for the restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MurJD

Dear Mary Jo D,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am glad your experience was so pleasant and you were able to spend some time in our amazing fitness center. I am sorry dining in the restaurant did not meet the quality of the rest of the hotel, and I appreciate you sharing your experience so we can improve and provide the stay that Hyatt is known for. I hope you come back and visit again soon, even if it is not with a large group!

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Despite the hotel being on the higher side of prices compared to other options in Denver, I chose it, mainly because I wanted to guarantee a peace of mind after a long flight.

The Hyatt certainly answered my expectations:
-The staff were always polite, helpful and friendly - this by itself can make a difference on your feeling.
-The hotel is amazingly clean, and just gives you a good feeling with its lobby decor and quiet music.
-The gym is big, all equipment was new. They even provide you with headphones, should you need a pair when your workout.
-Breakfast was splendid, and not that expensive
-The bed was firm, just as I like. the pillows were 'real' , and did not feel cheap

But, there is also always room for improvement - I am writing this in hope that the management will read and take these points into consideration:
1. why on earth does the internet cost money? simple b&b's / 2 star hotels can offer free wifi, and the hotel can not?
2. As other big name hotels, the Hyatt too simply do not offer water for guests. Hyatt even took this one step further, and in my room waited 2 bottles, with a nice price tag of 4.5$ per bottle.
For the price being charged per night, I am sure 2$ could be waived, and be "invested" in water bottles for the guests
3. I might be wrong, but there was no real place to work at (no lounge designed for work)
4. The decor inside the room was a bit depressing (I am referring to two pictures that were hang in my room- black and white of a tree - creepy..)

Bottom line:
Great hotel. if you want peace of mind, this is the place.
If you are tight on budget, another option might be better.

Room Tip: higher floors are more quiet. Want to drink water and not in the mood to pay almost 5$ per bottle...
1  Thank Elad234
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Stayed here for an overnight visit to see a client in Denver and Boulder. As regular visitotr to the US I am used to large convention centre hotels that lack personality and this was no different. That said the quality of the rooms was good and the front desk efficient and friendly. Nothing wrong with the hotel and for its genre a good value offering just a little impersonal .

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul L
RegencyHyatt, Hotel Assistant Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2013

Dear Paul L,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at our hotel. We are a large hotel but we strive to make a connection with each one of our guests and I am sorry to hear we did not meet that goal during your visit. I hope you will give us another chance so we can show you what we do best!

Reviewed 24 January 2013

The Service at this hotel is 6-star. The gentlemen at the customer service desk named Bob even went out of his way to track down Colorado Avalance tickets from his own friend for me when it was Sold out. I would come back to this hotel any time. Also check out the view at the Top floor Peaks Lounge. The place is HUGE

Room Tip: Try and get the highest floor you can and you will be able to see the Rockies surrounding Denver.
1  Thank Josh J
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2013

Dear Josh T,
Thank you for such a glowing review. It is great that our concierge Bob went above and beyond to get you tickets. We are excited hockey season is back and we are able to host so many hockey fans. I hope you will come visit the hotel and Peaks Lounge the next time you are in town for a game.

Allison Gegenheimer

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Hotel was good. Rooms were clean and well kept. Location worked well for me as we were right accross from the convention center, and the lobby bar area was great for meetings throughout the day. Eectrical outlets are not convienient for ironing or using anything at the nightstand. Wifi was absolutly terrible in the room, and no access at the bar.

Dear Mark S,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the rooms, the location and our Strata Bar. We appreciate the feedback about the outlets in the room and the internet service. The hotel is currently looking into upgrading our internet service so we can ensure our guests are satisfied. Hopefully you will give us another try so you can see our improvements first hand.

Allison Gegenheimer