“Perfect location for walking to Denver attractions”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #8 of 156 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boulder, CO
“Perfect location for walking to Denver attractions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this Hyatt. The AAA package we selected included Regency Club access and free breakfast at the first-floor restaurant. Regency Club has snacks and beverages from 11 to 5, heavy hors d'oeuvres from 5 to 8, and a dessert bar from 8 to 9. We found we did not need to eat lunch or dinner!

The hotel is an easy walk to 16th Street Mall, a movie theater, Denver Art Museum, History Colorado, and the Performing Arts Complex. You do not need a rental car if you plan to stay in the downtown area.

Our only complaint? There was a large group of children and parents having a pizza party at the lap pool (that's fine). But the kids then came out to the hot tub and piled in (without adults; meaning the adults in the hot tub were monitoring children's safety). I recommend designating the hot tub for adults only.

Room Tip: We were directly across from the Regency Club entrance, so we heard a fair amount of hall noise. Con...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
Porland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

Second time I was placed here after a Priceline bid. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful, I had trouble with my lock and the security guy who checked it comped my Valet charge, major points there.

Great food just a few blocks walking away.

great rooms decent bar for a ridiculously good deal

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank oenogeek
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 23 February 2013
Dear Oenogeek,
Thank you for the five stars! It is great you got such a great deal and continue to return to our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the lock, but it sounds like our security officer did a great job of recovering the situation and ensuring your satisfaction. We hope that you will continue to come back!
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

This hotel was gorgeous, very well maintained and the staff was excellent. We were upgraded to a mountain view room, free of charge and given access to the elusive Regency Club right away. We absolutely loved our stay. Marc at the front desk is a gem-- so friendly and helpful. The concierge gave us free drink coupons for a few of the local breweries, which was fun. Definitely staying here next time we are in Denver.

1 Thank Dee H
Dear Dee H,
Thank you so much for the five star rating! I’m delighted that you enjoyed the facilities-especially the Regency Club and all that is has to offer. Marc is one of the best, and it’s no surprise that he took care of you. The coupons from the concierge are also a nice touch! We look forward to having you again here soon.
Clay A. Perry
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

Yes, the facility was over the top in every way..from the lobby I could only describe as like in a movie...to the Regency Club setting. My Bristlecone Suite on the 36th floor was a place I didn't want to sleep in.....I wanted to just enjoy every moment of my stay! But the staff....WOW!!!!!! Laura who checked me in was an absolute angel! Adrian in the Regency Club....another WOW! His attention to my personal comfort and his desire to ensure that I had everything I needed is unequalled! If you are considering any downtown Denver hotel, you'll never forgive yourself if you don't stay here!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Cyndi911
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Dear Cyndi911,
Thank you for such an amazing review. It is great to hear that our staff was able to make you feel welcome and paid attention to all of your needs. I am glad that you enjoyed the Bristlecone, and I agree it is too beautiful to just sleep in. We appreciate your high ratings and hope you will come back soon.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

Yes, the facility was over the top in every way..from the lobby I could only describe as like in a movie...to the Regency Club setting. My Bristle one Suite on the 16th floor was a place I didn't want to sleep in.....I wanted to just enjoy every moment of my stay! But the staff....WOW!!!!!! Laura who checked me in was an absolute angel! Adrian in the Regency Club....another WOW! His attention to my personal comfort and his desire to ensure that I had everything I needed is unequalled! If you are considering any downtown Denver hotel, you'll never forgive yourself if you don't stay here!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Cyndi911
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

Our stay on the 16th floor of the Hyatt was extremely comfortable. This is a nice hotel, and although it's an established property, we really loved the accommodations. We had a king room, and the bed was extremely comfortable. Everyone was extremely friendly to us, and the view of the city and mountains was spectacular.

Room Tip: We booked our stay with Priceline, which normally includes two beds in the room. There was no probl...
Dear Todd G,
Thank you for the review and for choosing to celebrate Valentine’s Day with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the room, view, and staff. It was nice to have so many people celebrating their special weekend and we hope you will join us for future celebrations.
Trenton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

The lobby of the hotel is very welcoming - clean and expansive. The downstairs bar is a nice place for a drink or dinner, while Peaks upstairs offers great views of the city. But what I most enjoy about the hotel is their attention to customer service. Admittedly, I stay there a lot so they may be paying special attention, but even with that, their service is impressive. Only downside is the hotel's proximity to the light rail - I hate hearing the ringing bell. But it doesn't bother my husband, so it's not necessarily an issue for others.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear PatRode,
Thank you for the wonderful review! I am really happy our staff takes care of you during every visit with us. We know how important customer service is and we look forward to always providing the best to every guest. As always, we cannot wait to have you back!!
Cory Bartoli