“Exactly what you expect oh Hyatt Regency properties”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #10 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Only one downside and that is the "queen" beds are more like full beds and a bit snug for folks who normally sleep in an actual queen. But, the staff was very friendly and very helpful in suggesting restaurants, clubs, bars, shopping. Broad open lobby and open area lounge. Went for a convention at the convention center across the street, so it was very well located .

Room Tip: Ask for a king unless you are sleeping alone.
1  Thank Tim W
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center

Reviewed 1 March 2013

I was stuck in Denver for an extra night because of weather delays and quickly booked this as there weren't many other options. The front desk was very nice and even gave me $25 to spend at the bar or wherever at the hotel because of my troubles.

The location is nice with a lot of shops, restaurants, bars within walking distance on 16th. There is even an outdoor "mall" with some clothing and other shops.

The room was fine for the most part. Clean, on the small side. A couple weird things.

The desk set up was odd...there was a pull out table that really wasnt comfortable.
The closet was rather small
My mattress was wet...I couldnt understand why my sheets were damp and I lifted them and checked and the mattress was really wet...not sure what happened there

I'd maybe stay again...but I thought the above was worth mentioning

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
RegencyHyatt, Hotel Asssitant Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Dear dumpty27,

Thank you sharing your stay with us! I am glad our front desk staff quickly reacted to your travel delay. I am sorry to hear of the issue you encountered with the mattress. I appreciate your feedback as this is not our standard and I have followed up with my team to ensure our guests’ stays are perfect. I hope next time you are in Denver; you will give us another shot to prove how great our hotel is!

Cory Bartoli

Reviewed 27 February 2013

We stayed here one night, using Priceline for a 4 star hotel in the downtown area, paying $75 in plus $19 for tax on a Friday night. We had two double beds. Staff in the lobby directed people in line in the lobby to kiosk check ins if you had a reservation. Someone came around with a tray with small bottles of water, a nice touch. We asked the concierge for a good Mexican restaurant for lunch and were happy with the suggestion.

The breakfast buffet the next morning was delicious...good coffee, omelets made to order, juices, fruit, yogurt parfaits, everything top quality and fresh. After a skiing vacation we returned to Denver to the Embassy Suites one block away. The room was larger at the Embassy, with queen beds and a separate sitting area, but we liked the Hyatt better. Try Peaks on the 27th floor for a great view of the city, day or night, with light hors d'oeuvre and desserts.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank famvacations
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

Dear Famvacations,
Thank you for a wonderful review. It is great that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the room, check in, and restaurant that the hotel provides. While we know you have many options when staying in Denver, we think you service ranks us the best, and I am glad to see you agree. We can’t wait to have you back again soon!

Allison Gegenheimer

Reviewed 26 February 2013

I had a great stay at the Hyatt. Staff was very nice. Rooms always clean. One day our soap and shampoo was not replenished, called the front desk with in 5 minutes they brought it up, followed up with a phone call if everything is in order and a day late we received a little card with an apology. The fitness Center is great. Super lap pool. So close to the Denver Convention Center. Highly recommend this Hotel.

1  Thank Cornelia555

Dear Cornelia555,
Thank you for the great comments! I am so pleased that you enjoyed the hotel accommodations, and the issue you experienced was addressed quickly and followed up on. We hope that you visit the hotel and get a great workout in soon.

Allison Gegenheimer

Reviewed 26 February 2013

I will admit that one should not negatively review a hotel based on the guests who happen to be staying there - this almost happened; almost. My friend and I booked a room at the Hyatt last-minute as we were stuck in Denver due to a blizzard. We decided to share the room and make the most of our evening. We had an early class the next day so we made it a point to be in bed fairly early. Our 'neighbors' had other plans. At 2:30 in the morning the folks in the room next to us (who sounded very drunk) decided to have very loud, obnoxious conversations. I called the front desk and I was told they would send security right up to deal with the drunkards. By 5:45 a.m. these drunk (expletives) were still talking so I called the front desk yet again. We had to be up by 7:00 and we hadn’t gone to sleep yet – I was really frustrated. I thought a classy place like the Hyatt Regency would expect more from their guests. At check-out I was asked about my stay and I told them about my experience. The manager was very apologetic and compensated me for parking – which was nice. The staff was really nice, the rooms were fantastic and the breakfast was great. If you’re ever in Denver and need a place to stay – try the Hyatt Regency.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor - the view is spectacular!
1  Thank vass78
Reviewed 26 February 2013

As an event planner, I have the opportunity to frequent the nicer chains while coordinating conferences, events, and trade shows for my company.

So far my experience with the Hyatt chain is running 60/40. Cincinatti, Charlotte, and Seattle were FLAWLESS. Above and beyond in every way. Edmonton, Canada and very disappointingly now Denver, at the Convention Center, were quite substandard.

I'm now waiting for someone to come up and close the vent in the bathroom, since so much cigarette smoke is coming through it that I can barely stand to go in there. It's in the room as well - and I don't smoke, and this is a non-smoking floor, a 'deluxe' room. They're sending someone up to close the vent in the bathroom (because, they say, they all share the same venting system), and they offered me a fan to I guess blow the smoke around the room. Not quite sure that's worth $300 a night. I'm highly sensitive to cigarette smoke and it smells like I am in a bar. It's not a little smoke - it smells like someone shut the door and had a cigarette in there.

There's a guy in there with duct tape right now literally taping over the entire vent. I am guessing this isn't a new issue for them. He said I have to other options - he'd bring me a fan (to blow the same air around) or I could open the window (it's twenty degrees outside).

The front lobby, which is beautiful, doesn't reflect the quality of the furnishings in the room by any means. This by far is the cheapest furnished property I've stayed at.

That said, it's proximity to the convention center can't be beat. I think however that a slighly further walk for better sized and furnished room that is truly smoke free will be in my future for myself and my team the next time we have a trade show that comes into Denver.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
RegencyHyatt, Hotel Assistant Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2013

Dear evolistas,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our hotel. We occasionally have guest smoke in our non-smoking rooms and I am truly sorry that we did not provide better options to resolve the disturbance and ensure your stay was perfect. I appreciate your candid feedback as it provides an excellent opportunity to search for ways to improve our hotel. I hope when you return to Denver, you will give us another chance.

Cory Bartoli

Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights. King room was nice and simple, maybe not too fancy for a four star hotel. Regency Club upgrade was nice. The staff was very friendly and the snacks are good quality. The hotel is a short walk to the 16th street. If you are self parking, be aware it has limited spaces at night and you may end up having to use valet anyway.

• Stayed: February 2013