“Great location, service and property; Typical room”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #7 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“Great location, service and property; Typical room”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed for a weekend getaway. The location by the convention center and property was excellent and the service by everyone was great. The rooms, however, were fairly typical and appeared to be a little dated. We had a standard king, mountain view room. View was excellent on a higher floor. Bath was quite small however, and room had the "feel" of a 1970's or 80's hotel. Also could use better soundproofing - could hear next door neighbors and crying children woke us several times. "Bed and breakfast" package was a good deal. Visit the Peaks lounge and Altitude restaurant on site, they were worth it. Overall, the property was very nice but rooms could use a little modernization.

Room Tip: Request a mountain view room on higher floors, it is worth paying extra.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (598)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband and I headed to Denver for a birthday/anniversary celebration. The staff was wonderful from start to finish. We called early to see how soon we could check in and they had a room available right away. When we told them why we were there, they not only gave us some great ideas on what to do and where to go, but the concierge gave us some freebies along the way. The room was nice, although I discovered that the height, we were in the mountain view rooms, bothered me a little. The Altitude restaurant was a nice addition, and the bar on the 27th floor was beautiful at night.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kenora, Canada
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel while attending a conference at the Colorado Convention Center. I found the rooms to be on the small side, especially the bathrooms, compared to similar hotel classes/chains. Surprisingly, I found the beds to be quite uncomfortable and it was difficult to get a good night's sleep. As a Platinum Hyatt Passport member, I was "upgraded" to a room on a higher floor and with mountain views. I am not certain why the hotel normally charges more for these rooms as there was a high-rise condo obstructing the view of the mountains.

The staff at this hotel, however, were phenomenal from check-in to check-out. Staff at other hotels could learn a thing or two from this hotel. The concierge staff made some excellent recommendations on where to eat and what to see--make sure you use their vast wealth of knowledge if you're new to the city.

If attending an event at the convention center, I would consider staying here again. Otherwise, I would likely look for another option in downtown Denver.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
memphis, tn
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My husband had a convention the second week of october. We loved this Hyatt. We have stayed at Hyatt Hotels before but this one was really extra nice. Great bar in lobby and a really great one on the penthouse. The one on the penthouse has great views of city and mountains. It was a first class bar. The lobby has a starbucks as well. The rooms were very nice and modern. Also great views of mountains. Our bellman who introduced us to our room was Rich. He was outstanding. He told us everything we need to know about denver, the hotel, and things to do. He also went as far to have a humidifier brought to our room since it is soo dry in Denver, and at such a high elevation i tend to have sinus and migraine problems. The humidifier was his idea and totally unexpected. It definitely helped. We ate at some great restaurants. My favorite was Rioja on Larimer square. The best chicken i have ever eaten. Tamayo was also great, try the apple pie margarita. I did not get a chance to explore the LODO area near the stadium. We took a city tour on a bus and i really wished i could of explored this area better. The antique row area on broadway was not worth it. I also took a day at the Shopping of Cherry Creek area. This was a very nice upscale shopping with indoor and outdoor shopping and lots of restaurants. The hotel also lined up two day trips in the mountains. One up to loveland pass. This was so nice the views were awesome. The other trip was around lariat loop in the mountains and by Red Rocks Amphitheater. This was also Soo worth your time. The hotel also had a great fitness center. It was very large and modern. Overall a very nice weeklong trip and a great hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear bulld0gm0m,
Thanks for the great review! I’m so glad that while you were here for a conference, you were able to fully enjoy the city. We do pride ourselves on our customer service here at the hotel and I’m so glad our Bellman Rich displayed that to you. Peaks is a great lounge to hang out in and I’m glad you were able to enjoy that as well. I hope we get the chance to have you back so you can fully enjoy the rest of what the city and our hotel have to offer. We can’t wait to have you back!
Best,
Stephen Benedict
Mabank, Texas
Reviewed 8 November 2013

A recent remodel of rooms and suites made my stay at the Denver Hyatt perfect! All the comforts of home with the most spectacular views of the city AND mountains. The staff have only one goal....to make you happy! Job well done!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you request if you prefer a mountain view, city view, or both!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Kelley I,
Thank you for the review and the great feedback about our staff and new remodeled rooms. The hotel is currently still in the process of updating our rooms but it is great to get feedback and know we are making the right changes. We look forward to your next visit!
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel was one of the most pleasurable experiences I have had at a hotel. From the front desk staff who went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied with my room. To the room service who went of their way to make my meal perfect. The hotel is maintained as if new. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone attending the Denver convention center, it is directly across the street.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Vnbpsb,
Thank you for the review and high regards. It is so delightful to hear that your stay was one of the most pleasurable hotel experiences you’ve had. Our staff works hard to ensure our guests are satisfied and it’s always fabulous to get feedback from guests that enjoyed themselves. We hope we will have the pleasure of having you stay with us again.
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed there on a business trip recently for a conference. The hotel is directly across the street from the conference center, making the morning "commute" super easy. It's also located a block from the main shopping and dining street (16th Street) and close to public transport stops as well, in case you need to go further afield. The hotel rooms are spacious with fantastic views over the city, and the staff were all extremely welcoming and helpful. Breakfast is not cheap, but the buffet is worth it - one of the best hotel breakfasts in a long time (I highly recommend the omelette station!). Also worth visit is the hotel spa. The man running the desk was absolutely wonderful and the massage was pure bliss.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor level - the views are superb!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Ewados,
Thank you for the fabulous review. I am so glad the hotel and amenities allowed you to have a successful business trip. I truly appreciate all the great feedback regarding the hotel staff as well as Spa Universaire and Altitude restaurant and I will be share to share the comments with them. I hope that the next time you travel to Denver we have the honor of hosting you.