Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #12 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Spend a few nights in the city, love my stay, wonderful hotel: clean, comfortable beds, great view. A Starbucks coffee every morning from, god breakfast options, cute a little bar at night. Also a few restaurants around it. But the best part is a view of mountains.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear AnnaV12,

Thank you for your amazing review! I am happy to see you were able to take in some of our breathtaking views of the mountains and enjoyed our property. We can’t wait to welcome you back on your next visit!!

Jackie Franke

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed for a weekend getaway. The location by the convention center and property was excellent and the service by everyone was great. The rooms, however, were fairly typical and appeared to be a little dated. We had a standard king, mountain view room. View was excellent on a higher floor. Bath was quite small however, and room had the "feel" of a 1970's or 80's hotel. Also could use better soundproofing - could hear next door neighbors and crying children woke us several times. "Bed and breakfast" package was a good deal. Visit the Peaks lounge and Altitude restaurant on site, they were worth it. Overall, the property was very nice but rooms could use a little modernization.

Room Tip: Request a mountain view room on higher floors, it is worth paying extra.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband and I headed to Denver for a birthday/anniversary celebration. The staff was wonderful from start to finish. We called early to see how soon we could check in and they had a room available right away. When we told them why we were there, they not only gave us some great ideas on what to do and where to go, but the concierge gave us some freebies along the way. The room was nice, although I discovered that the height, we were in the mountain view rooms, bothered me a little. The Altitude restaurant was a nice addition, and the bar on the 27th floor was beautiful at night.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel while attending a conference at the Colorado Convention Center. I found the rooms to be on the small side, especially the bathrooms, compared to similar hotel classes/chains. Surprisingly, I found the beds to be quite uncomfortable and it was difficult to get a good night's sleep. As a Platinum Hyatt Passport member, I was "upgraded" to a room on a higher floor and with mountain views. I am not certain why the hotel normally charges more for these rooms as there was a high-rise condo obstructing the view of the mountains.

The staff at this hotel, however, were phenomenal from check-in to check-out. Staff at other hotels could learn a thing or two from this hotel. The concierge staff made some excellent recommendations on where to eat and what to see--make sure you use their vast wealth of knowledge if you're new to the city.

If attending an event at the convention center, I would consider staying here again. Otherwise, I would likely look for another option in downtown Denver.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My husband had a convention the second week of october. We loved this Hyatt. We have stayed at Hyatt Hotels before but this one was really extra nice. Great bar in lobby and a really great one on the penthouse. The one on the penthouse has great views of city and mountains. It was a first class bar. The lobby has a starbucks as well. The rooms were very nice and modern. Also great views of mountains. Our bellman who introduced us to our room was Rich. He was outstanding. He told us everything we need to know about denver, the hotel, and things to do. He also went as far to have a humidifier brought to our room since it is soo dry in Denver, and at such a high elevation i tend to have sinus and migraine problems. The humidifier was his idea and totally unexpected. It definitely helped. We ate at some great restaurants. My favorite was Rioja on Larimer square. The best chicken i have ever eaten. Tamayo was also great, try the apple pie margarita. I did not get a chance to explore the LODO area near the stadium. We took a city tour on a bus and i really wished i could of explored this area better. The antique row area on broadway was not worth it. I also took a day at the Shopping of Cherry Creek area. This was a very nice upscale shopping with indoor and outdoor shopping and lots of restaurants. The hotel also lined up two day trips in the mountains. One up to loveland pass. This was so nice the views were awesome. The other trip was around lariat loop in the mountains and by Red Rocks Amphitheater. This was also Soo worth your time. The hotel also had a great fitness center. It was very large and modern. Overall a very nice weeklong trip and a great hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear bulld0gm0m,
Thanks for the great review! I’m so glad that while you were here for a conference, you were able to fully enjoy the city. We do pride ourselves on our customer service here at the hotel and I’m so glad our Bellman Rich displayed that to you. Peaks is a great lounge to hang out in and I’m glad you were able to enjoy that as well. I hope we get the chance to have you back so you can fully enjoy the rest of what the city and our hotel have to offer. We can’t wait to have you back!
Best,
Stephen Benedict

Reviewed 8 November 2013

A recent remodel of rooms and suites made my stay at the Denver Hyatt perfect! All the comforts of home with the most spectacular views of the city AND mountains. The staff have only one goal....to make you happy! Job well done!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you request if you prefer a mountain view, city view, or both!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Kelley I,
Thank you for the review and the great feedback about our staff and new remodeled rooms. The hotel is currently still in the process of updating our rooms but it is great to get feedback and know we are making the right changes. We look forward to your next visit!
Allison Malhiot

Reviewed 7 November 2013

This hotel was one of the most pleasurable experiences I have had at a hotel. From the front desk staff who went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied with my room. To the room service who went of their way to make my meal perfect. The hotel is maintained as if new. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone attending the Denver convention center, it is directly across the street.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Vnbpsb,
Thank you for the review and high regards. It is so delightful to hear that your stay was one of the most pleasurable hotel experiences you’ve had. Our staff works hard to ensure our guests are satisfied and it’s always fabulous to get feedback from guests that enjoyed themselves. We hope we will have the pleasure of having you stay with us again.
Allison Malhiot