“Four star hotel but 5 star service”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #12 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The hotel itself is very good, but I put 5 stars on Four Seasons, Shangri-La, etc. But I put 5 starts on this one because of the consistent, friendly and outgoing service that delivers. Two examples: A request for foam pillows was fulfilled almost instantly. Second - initially I was put between the elevator (machinery noise) and a rowdy group of men in the room on the other side. Happens. next day I asked if there was an open room elsewhere. Eric at the front desk instantaneous and courteously replied and searched for one, and moved me down the other end of the hall (and delivered a great night's rest for a travel weary businessman). Then, the Assistant Manager Stephen contacted me, having been notified there was an issue with my room and offering to follow up to ensure the problem was solved (which it was). An unnecessary, but appreciated step. Thank you Eric and Stephen, you now have a loyal customer.

Room Tip: Away from elevators!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ctwino
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Ctwino,

Thank you for your raving review! It is so wonderful to get such great comments about our staff and I am so thrilled to see we have made you a loyal customer. Thank you for your very kind words about Stephen and Eric I will be sure to pass those along. I appreciate you taking the time to write this amazing review and I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back again soon!

Hotel Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,587)

Reviewed 16 November 2013

This hotel has a great location & a VERY helpful and friendly staff. One big complaint: Not enough plug outlets in the room! I had to search for where I could use the iron, but more importantly, there was no place to plug in my cell phone near the bed!

Like many people, I use my cell phone for the alarm so this was very inconvenient.

Not to take away from the location & wonderfully friendly staff....but as a business traveler, I stay at a lot of properties and don't understand the lack of a simple necessity.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This experience was probably the best in terms of hotel stays in my life. The hotel was modern and rooms were very comfortable. But, the most outstanding part is the staff. I have never had staff go above and beyond like these people did. Offering suggestions, making things right, great advice for dinner, etc. I hope I can return again soon!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear jinpink,
Thanks for the great review! I’m so glad that not just our hotel but our staff were able to go above and beyond for you during your stay. We do pride ourselves on our customer service here and I’m glad this was the case for you during your visit. We can’t wait to have you back again!
Stephen Benedict

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I had the pleasure of staying 9 nights recently - on of my longest single stays in a hotel. Check in was very good and welcoming especially after 17 hours flying. I was advised about the proximity of the room to the elevators and ice machine which I appreciated - allowing me to decide if I wanted to forgo the mountain view or not . . . I appreciated this upfront information. The plumbing in the shower had worked loose form the seals but otherwise the room was adequate. Regency Club is well staffed and the spread is very good. Twice however the facility was so overcrowded (largely with loitering patrons) it was impossible to be seated or get food. The hotel location is ideal - both for the conference I was attending and then subsequently for site seeing and visiting with friends around town. The newspaper service is fantastic, and the Enterprise car rental in the lobby convenient. Make this Hyatt your go-to hotel in Denver!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This place delivers exactly what you epect from a Hyatt: A clean updated room, sophisticated and visually appealing lobby, good custumer service, and a very central location. I would stay here again without hesitaton.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was very pleased with this hotel! We only had a few days in Denver and due to last minute booking we didn't have many hotel options. We needed something that was centrally located and yet was close enough to my friends place so it would be easier for us to get together. We arrived late and without our luggage, the staff was friendly and helpful and they kept us informed on the whereabouts of our bags, calling us as soon as it arrived from the airport. The room was spacious and clean, the decor was great and the beds were comfortable. Even though this was not the case for us, if you are visiting Denver to check out the city, you couldn't stay at a better location!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear MissyMinns,

Thank you for your excellent review and feedback. I am so happy to hear that our staff took great care of you in locating your bags and ensuring you had everything that you needed. It is wonderful to see that you enjoyed our guest rooms and I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Spend a few nights in the city, love my stay, wonderful hotel: clean, comfortable beds, great view. A Starbucks coffee every morning from, god breakfast options, cute a little bar at night. Also a few restaurants around it. But the best part is a view of mountains.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear AnnaV12,

Thank you for your amazing review! I am happy to see you were able to take in some of our breathtaking views of the mountains and enjoyed our property. We can’t wait to welcome you back on your next visit!!