“Mile High Holiday Experience”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #7 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Edwards, United States
“Mile High Holiday Experience”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This was a wonderful way to began the Christmas season. The hotel offered a package of VIP tickets to "Passport to Paris" art exhibit and 2 drinks at Peaks looking over Denver toward the mountains. (I must say, the Manhattan was the best I ever had). The hotel is in walking distance to the Art Museum, Theatre, and shopping.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Irene M,
Thanks for the great review! I’m so happy we were able to help kick start the holiday season for you! Our Passport to Paris package is one we are hearing great things about! I’m glad you were able to enjoy to the fullest. We can’t wait to have you back!
Best,
Stephen Benedict
Hotel Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
Wapakoneta
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My wife and I stayed six days over thanksgiving. We arrived late in the evening and check in was fine. On the way to are room we noticed a lot of kids but didn't think much of it. In the morning when we got up we saw what we were in for when it took 10 minutes to get an elevator. There were kids running everywhere. Since we were leaving for the day we didn't think much of it until we returned around six o'clock and tried to have a drink at the lobby bar. It was so noisy we could not relax with kids running everywhere no supervision in sight that's when we asked what was going on it seems the hotel was hosting a church group with 1000 kids. We decided we could handle it until Friday when we came back from breakfast and could not get a elevator for over thirty minutes because the kids were playing on them. When we finally got to are room and were trying to relax we couldn't because the kids were running up and down the hall screaming. So instead of spending the morning relaxing we had to leave the hotel and find something to do. When we returned things hadn't gotten any better so I finally went to the front desk and complained. I asked why there were no chaperones and were told there were supposed to be one for every four rooms. This meant there could be up to fourteen kids per adult which we never saw. I told them how unhappy I was with the situation and they said they would try to contact the chaperones to try to get some control of the situation. A manager called my room to tell me most of the kids were leaving Saturday and she would give me a one hundred dollar credit towards my valet parking,which they did at check out. The rooms were nice and the hotel is well located but I would never take a chance on staying here again. My bill for the six nights was over 1500 hundred dollars and while the discount was a nice gesture it didn't make up for the inconvenience of not being able to stay at the hotel and relaxing during are stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear DST1960,
Thank you for sharing your feedback and taking the time to review the hotel. I am very sorry you did not have a relaxing experience you were looking for and that the efforts by the manager were not enough to turn your experience around. The hotel has many procedures when we host youth conventions and I apologize that these efforts still did not allow you to have a peaceful stay. I have shared your comments with our security team and management staff so that we can discuss what we need to do to ensure there is better management in the future. I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to show you the level of service we are capable of providing.
Allison Malhiot
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 3 December 2013

A great hotel, with lovely rooms, excellent staff and fine restaurants. Even though we live nearby, we decided that a local "staycation" would be a fun getaway for two days. And the Hyatt Regency filled the bill in all ways.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Msirani,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and review! I am so happy that you chose to spend you “staycation” with us and that we provided the experience you were looking for. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing review and we can’t wait to welcome you back on your next night away from home!

Gold River, California
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We often stay at Hyatt Hotels, but this was the first time we stayed at the Denver Hyatt Regency at the Convention Center. The location is perfect; one block off the 16th Street Mall, which has fun restaurants and small boutique stores as well as a shopping mall, the Denver Pavilions. Everything from the check in to the check out 4 days later was excellent. The staff was very gracious and accomadated our requests for a late check out and keeping the car in the garage until we had to go to the airport. The room had been recently renovated and was welcoming and comfortable. The breakfast buffet offered a nice variety of hot entrees plus an omelet station where they whipped up whatever we wanted. And best of all, the rate was amazingly reasonable. We added a package deal for parking and the breakfast buffet. We will definitely stay there again.

Dear Bobbie2011,

Thank you for your amazing review! I am so happy to hear that your enjoyed your trip to Downtown Denver. It is great that you were placed in one of our new renovated rooms and enjoyed a comfortable, relaxing stay. Thank you for your kind comments about our staff those are always great to hear. I am happy to see that we will be able to welcome you back again in the future!

Calgary
Reviewed 2 December 2013

First things first; my room was nice and clean, the front desk staff were nice and the location is pretty good as well. That being said I am really sick of so called business hotels nickel and diming at every corner. $10 for Wifi, seriously! $0.40 a minute to use the business centre, come on you have to be joking.

I left the Hyatt and moved to a different hotel where I have free wifi, I am currently using the business centre for free and sipping on a beer that was courtesy of the cocktail hour. I spent a little more on the rate but have easily made it up on the services provided.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Dear Hopefullylost,
Thank you so much for the review. I am sorry you did not feel the value of the hotel was worth the service and amenities that we provided. I have passed your comments along to the hotels management team as our guest’s feedback is important to us. While I understand you have many options for hotels in Denver I hope you will consider giving us another chance.
Allison Malhiot
Englewood, Colorado
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I too agree with all of the reviews that state the service here is excellent. :) My husband and I stayed here the weekend after Thanksgiving and found ourselves in heaven! From the staff to the amenities, the views, and the location, nothing could have been better. The staff was the most pleasant and friendly we have ever encountered. They went out of their way to be accommodating and helpful. We will definitely be back! Soon!

Dear Karroyo,

Thank you for your amazing review and kind comments! I am thrilled that you enjoyed our entire property and amenities. I am so thrilled that our staff took great care of you and was helpful and accommodating. I am so happy that we will have a chance to welcome you back!!

Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is a beautiful hotel in an ideal location in downtown Denver. Outstanding rates for this time of year. Amazing views of downtown, the convention center, and the mountains. The lounge at the top of the hotel is top-notch. The only thing we wished was that the jacuzzi was located indoors. After a day in the Denver cold, it would be nice to unwind in an indoor tub.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends