“Average for the Hyatt”

Ranked #8 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Average for the Hyatt”
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Hotels seem to struggle with conferences. Also the next conference coming up is $40 a night cheaper not sure who us licking at the cream ppt here. Breakfast is painful stopped using it on conference days as it's too hard and slow. Staff were good. Rooms were good. Gym was very good. Information on area not readily available. TV control was a pain too hard to get to free to air TV easily but most hotels are heading that way.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Perfect stay in newly remodeled hotel. Staff is extremely helpful and friendly. I always saw only smiles and the only issue I had was with the TV remote. Once reported, a tech was in my room within 5 minutes

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Charline,

Thank you for your great review and feedback! I am so happy to see that you were able to enjoy one of our newly remodeled rooms. I want to apologize that you had an issue with your remote during the stay but I am very happy to see that our staff responded quickly and took care of everything. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon!

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The hotel was nice, we had a conference here, and it went well and everyone was satisfied. The rooms are older but comfortable, beds were soft and nice. The maid service we great and everything updated and cleaned well every day. The bar was very nice, however, they need to enlarge it, as it gets pretty crowded durning evening hours, and service was OK, especially how many people were in the area. The fitness area was great, had everything there, they need to update some of the equipment to be equipped with TV as only a few had this. The one thing I did not like was the courteousness of the front desk and the bellmen, definitely needs improving, after all we are the customer. I was totally dissatisfied to the treatment of myself during checkin, it seemed the guy was on a mission to make my trip a bad one, as we had another name on the room with mine and he made such a big deal of it, that I considered staying somewhere else. Same with the gentlemen at the valet parking, very rude and ignorant! Something I would not expect from a Hyatt!

Room Tip: Make sure your reservations are accurate and correct, or they will chastise you for it.
Dear Harley,

Thank you for your review and feedback. I want to apologize for the service issues that you experienced during your stay. I can completely understand how this could make for an unpleasant stay. I can assure you that we do hold our staff too much higher standards and I appreciate you bringing this to my attention so that I may follow up with my staff. I also want to thank you for your comments regarding the bar; I can assure you they do not go unnoticed. I am happy to see that you were comfortable in your guest room and that our housekeeping staff took good care of you. I do hope that you will see this as an isolated occurrence and give us a chance to welcome you back in the future.

Rockwall, United States
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Staff was pleasant and helpful. Bed was comfortable (memory foam I think). Bathroom was clean and shower water pressure good. Gym was outstanding. Great central downtown location. Only issue I think that would not be resolvable would be that noise from outside (emergency sirens) could be an annoyance to light sleepers.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear Curtis,

Thank you for the review and providing your feedback. It is wonderful to hear that your enjoyed yourself and we provided a comfortable stay. I appreciate your feedback in regards to the surrounding noise and I can assure you that it does not go unnoticed. I hope we have a chance to welcome you back again soon.

Summit, United States
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Great Hotel, Great Service. This was selected by my company for a conference. I do stay at Hyatts often but had not been to this hotel. It was bright, clean, fresh and well lighted. I wouldreccomend it to anyone travelling to Denver.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sam,

Thank you for the great review and recommendation! I am happy to see that you enjoyed our hotel while attending your conference. It is wonderful that you are a loyal Hyatt customer and I hope we have a chance to welcome you back again!

San Jose, United States
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Booked a Regency Club room, but was not informed ahead of time that there was remodeling/construction going on. As a result, did not get a room on the Regency Club Floors (31-37). There was significant construction noise in the evenings in my room on the 24th floor. One of the Regency Club Managers was very rude and condescending over an issue of "pig products" added to the hot breakfast item. But the service provided by Jackie (Front Office Manager), Leigh, Crystal, Vanessa, Sarah and Jodie (Regency Club Concierges) was outstanding. Without their service, this stay's rating would have been "Terrible".

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Gaja V,

Thank you for your review and your feedback. I want to apologize again for the issues you experienced during your stay. I can assure you that your comments do not go unnoticed. I appreciate your kind comments about our Regency Club staff and I will be sure to pass that along. I do hope we will have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Aventura, Florida
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We come to Denver about twice a year and this is our hotel of choice. Great location, great staff, nicely appointed rooms, great gym. I love how there are always people hanging out in the lobby and there's always something going on. Right across the street from the convention center, right off the 16th street mall.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear MarcelleMiami,

I am so happy to hear that we are your hotel of choice when visiting Denver! Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review. I really appreciate you kind comments about our guest room s and overall hotel. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon!