“Denver Comic Con hotel of choice!”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #7 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fountain, United States
“Denver Comic Con hotel of choice!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is THE hotel to stay in when you attend the Denver Comic Con. Amazingly convenient location (across the street!), fantastic facility and staff! Staying anywhere else might save you a dime or two, but you can't beat the experience (not to mention; MANY of the CON guests stay here as well). It's such a great place to stay we're actually considering checking the OTHER events coming to the convention center JUST so we can stay here when we do. A stone's throw away from Bubu Gump Shrimp and the 16th Street Mall.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Art V,
Thank you for the awesome review! I am glad you enjoyed our convenient downtown location. We loved hosting the Comic Con guests and enjoy reading the positive feedback from your group! We look forward to seeing you for a convention soon!

Hotel Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
Oak Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night while starting our trip bouncing around CO. Such. Beautiful a place. Rooms were clean and bed very comfortable. Wifi worked great in the room but not so great in the lobby which was funny to me. We had an awesome view of the city but the other couple we were with just had a view of the back of a building. The breakfast was awesome. My husband still talks about how great the Bacon was! The only annoying part was around 930/10 I was in the shower while my husband was in a meeting downstairs and the maids kept knocking at my door and trying to get in to clean even though it was no where near time. I had the lock on the door. I had to get out to tell them we were here a little longer bc of the conference going on in the hotel which the front desk knew about. Then right before I checked out, I got a phone call from the maids asking the time I was leaving so they could clean. I understand they are doing their job and need fast turn around for the rooms but it wasn't even check out time ans we were apart of a conference the hotel was hosting so to be bothered by the staff and rushed was the only annoying part. Otherwise I would definitely return.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
denver, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

wonderful service, accommodations employees . I would always stay here when I am in Denver and would recommend that you do the same good food great rooms. don't go anywhere else this is the ultimate in hotel livings for business family leisure no matter what it is you are doing this is the place to go.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Nina G,
Thank you for the wonderful review! I am glad to hear we are your choice hotel when visiting Denver! We love that you are able to enjoy our accommodations whether on business or pleasure. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Fountain, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Highly recommend staying here for ANY convention. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are exactly what they need to be, no overkill. It is conveniently located across the street from the Denver Convention Center, so when you arrive, you park and just enjoy. 16th Street Mall is just a block or so away and there is plenty to see and do there when you have free time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Irene F,
Thank you for the great review! I am glad you enjoyed our central downtown location and all that Denver has to offer. We love to hear that our staff positively impacted your stay. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the mile high city!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

For the price of this hotel I expected so much more. Yes the lobby is nice but that's about it. Our bed was hard and had holes in the sheets. The pool that they advertise as heated was a 2 lane lap pool that was freezing!! Not to mention it needs to be cleaned. When we had dinner at their restaurant the man who brought us a high chair gave us such attitude because he had to get another one since the first one was broken. My husband and I travel a lot and we have stayed in much much nicer hotels for way less. The only nice thing about this hotel is it was right across the street from the convention center.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jess00286
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Jess00286,
Thank you for the candid feedback on your recent stay. I am glad to hear that our location was convenient for you, but disappointed that we failed to meet your expectations in other areas. I am sorry to hear the pool temperature was not comfortable for you. Our engineering staff monitors the temperature of the pool and I have shared your feedback so that we may look into this issue internally. I would also like to thank you for the feedback regarding the staff at the restaurant. We demand a high level of customer service from our entire staff and we will be following up with the associate you encountered. I hope you will give Hyatt Regency Denver another opportunity to please you on your next visit.

Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Hyatt Regency Denver is an amazing hotel and a great location. The hotel is clean and nice with wonderful customer service! The restaurant has delicious food and the promiximity to the Convention Center is so convenient.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kara C,
Thank you for the great review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel restaurant as well as our central downtown location. We love to hear positive feedback on our staff and I will definitely share your review with our associates! We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Denver!

Plainville, KS
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

So this was my first experience with this hotel. We stayed two nights for Denver Comic Con. I never review hotels but had such a great experience is thought I would share.

I booked this hotel because it was close to the convention center. In all honesty, I waited until the last minute and it was the last available rooms in any hotel close. I thought it pricey but I wasn't in a position to argue.

Driving in, we had trouble getting into the hotel due to the traffic and a police escort for the wounded warriors on motorcycles who where staying there too. After circling the block a few times we got in and we were helped immediately and had help with our bags and parking.

We checked in immediately, even after all the wounded warriors arrived. They had extra staff on hand, they were all excellent and we were up in our room with all of our luggage within 10 minutes of walking in.

The elevators in the hotel were excellent and very fast. We never waited more than a minute or two after calling an elevator. They were easy to locate as well.

We got access to the Regency Club with our room - highly recommended. The complimentary breakfast and snacks were wonderful and it was a good place to relax and eat a good breakfast before a full day of Comic Con. The coffee and beverage selection was really good too, not to mention that the food was wonderful and there was a big variety of items to choose from.

The room was great, everything worked well and it had everything we needed. The shower had good pressure and was hot but it "coughed" every so often, probably due to other people showering. The bed was also very comfy.

My son and I went to the pool and fitness center several times. The pool was nice, indoors but a little cool. The large hot tub outside was wonderful. The gym had lots of equipment and was excellent.

Checking out was a breeze, they even kept our stuff after we checked out the last day so we could enjoy the Con without worrying about our luggage and vehicle.

I'm already planning on staying there again next year for Denver Comic Con.

Stayed June 2014
Dear Traveling_Allison,
Thank you for the wonderful review! I loved reading that you were able to enjoy our hotel amenities while in town for Comic Con. We had an absolute blast hosting the Comic Con attendees and are thrilled to receive such positive feedback. We definitely look forward to welcoming you back for next year’s convention!