“Great hotel near convention center!”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #10 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Clean conference hotel with great service! Located within easy walking distance of restaurants and shopping on the 16th Street mall. Wonderful, clever artwork throughout the property. Handy coffee shop near elevators made it easy to grab drinks for the fridge in the room. Breakfast buffet is large and lavish, but not worth the price if you're not hungry. I'd stay here again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Louisacat,

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so glad you enjoyed our hotel and our location. I truly believe we have a magnificent hotel from which to experience Denver from. I hope that we get to host you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Beautiful hotel in downtown Denver. Close to the preforming arts center, convention center and much more. We had wonderful views from the 26th floor of the Rocky Mountains and many downtown buildings. We had a King Bed that was a bit to firm for us, but we made did fine with it. Our stay was very nice and the staff check-in staff were friendly. Room service was fast and the food was very good. Rooms were very clean with a lot of amenities like toothpaste, upgraded bath products, & Starbucks coffee.
The negatives were the extra charges for Wi-fi (haven't seen a hotel charge for wifi in years!) very few TV channels, movie rental was $5-19 dollars! and parking wasn't cheap!
The Starbucks staff in the Perks were not the friendliest, with the exception of the gal taking orders.
The Concierge was a great help in recomending a breaskfast place, that turned out to be perfect! She was very helpful!
We had appetizers and drinks at Peaks Lounge and it was a great experiance! It was very busy, so our view was almost the same as was from out room, but we still enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms have wonderful sunset views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jollysgrandma,

Thank you for your thorough description of your experience with us. I appreciate all the wonderful things you had to stay about us, and I assure you we will take a look at some of the opportunities you mentioned for us to improve upon. I hope we see you again in the future, and look forward to it if we do.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Overall, the Hyatt Regency Denver is an excellent hotel. I hope they'll make the bottled waters in the room, complimentary...it just should be! The location was very close to the convention center and convenient for conference guests. All types of transportation access to downtown areas available from hotel.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Great location, fabulous service and one super comfortable bed. Solid 4 Star Hotel Lacking the 5 Star polish only when you arrive. Valet did not help with bags and there were no bellman to take luggage or direct me to my room.

Dear Sheila N,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent venture to Denver. I'm so sorry that your arrival experience did not match the rest of your time with us. I hope we have an opportunity to provide top level service all the way through on a future visit.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I like to stay at Hyatt because they are always clean and elegant. The staff is friendly and helpful. It is just a great place to stay. No worries. Hyatt is located near meetings and shopping and entertainment. I feel safe staying in a Hyatt hotel, no matter where I am.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear Lisa H,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We love to hear that our guests are consistently receiving excellent service, clean guest rooms and a worry free stay! I am glad you enjoyed our central location as well. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Denver!

Sara Perry

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Walking distance to almost every landmark in downtown Denver and accessible to Tram.
Clean rooms.
Well kept lobby, expansive.
Great workout facility.
They also have a spa but didn't visit.
Parking was a little expensive, self-park, 27, but that's always been my complaint with any hotel I have stayed downtown in.ll
Good value for the price.
Would stay here again!
Great restaurant on 27th floor to view skyline.

1  Thank Julie M

Dear Julie M,

Thank you for the fabulous review! I am glad you had a chance to enjoy all the great attractions downtown Denver has to offer. We are definitely in a central location for sightseeing! Peak’s Lounge is not to be missed and I am so glad you had the opportunity to enjoy the view. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the mile high city!

Sara Perry

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Fortunately, the hotel was the convention hotel and some of our events were across the street at the Convention Center. My room was on the 33rd floor, clean, away from the elevators, so I had no problems with noise. The Concierge offered to print my boarding pass and that was such a help because I had problems with checkin in. The buffet lunch at Altitude was a great value, at less than $20 for lunch. The hotel was conveniently located, close to shops and restaurants. One night we took a cab to Larimer Street where there were more restaurants frequented by locals. My only complaint would be that we held an open air event at the hotel (was it the 25th floor?) and there was just one door for the entrance and the exit. Not a good thing, in case of an emergency. The bar on the 27th floor was a nice experience during the day or at night.

Room Tip: It's always a good idea to stay farther away from the elevators when choosing a room if you pref...
1  Thank Cristina G