“Definitely The Choice Hyatt in Denver”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #7 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia
“Definitely The Choice Hyatt in Denver”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I spent two nights on business at this property last week. By way of context, I had stayed at the "Grand" Hyatt in Denver earlier this year. The Hyatt Regency is far and away the better property: rooms are larger and nicer, views are better, gym/pool/outdoor hot tub are far nicer. In fact, I think Hyatt is doing a disservice by calling the other property the Grand and this one the Regency as the Grand title suggests a nicer hotel and it's clearly not the case. The hotel is huge but the elevators move quickly and all services were highly efficient. I wish I had more time to linger in the outside hot tub with the mountain views. The only knock I can possibly think of concerning this hotel is that the concierge floor is under rennovation so all club services were provided in a bland hospitality suite. That being said, the food and beverage offerings were fantastic, especially compared to the club lounge of the Grand. The hotel is well-situated to all downtown Denver office buildings/attractions. Would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Mountain views are the way to go. Pretty stunning and hard to imagine a better view in Denver.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
Springfield
Reviewed 6 August 2014

From check-in to check-out everything was easy. Despite arriving mid-morning my room was ready. My room was perfectly quiet and the bed comfortable. The staff was extremely competent and housekeeping was dependable and flawless. I have stayed here many times and have never been disappointed with any component of my stay. I am confident that this is how the business is always run.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Jeanne H,
Thank you for your recent stay and for the five stars. I am so glad we could accommodate an early check in and that you enjoyed your guestroom. I appreciate your loyalty and all of the kind comments. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Allison Malhiot
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I chose to have a stay-cation in Denver. Got a great last minute rate a week before our stay that included breakfast and a late checkout. Glad we chose the Hyatt Regency, it was a great stay all the way around. Nice quite getaway from life! Had some cocktails and light snack after check-in at the Strata Lounge located on the main floor. Excellent service, everyone was very attentive and made sure we had what we needed at all times.
Room was great! We were on floor 22 with a great view of the mountains and downtown. It looked beautiful at night. A peaceful room with black-out curtains insured we were able to get the rest we were looking for.
Had the buffet breakfast in the Altitude restaurant the next morning. Plenty of seating so we did not have to wait long to be seated. Our first trip through the buffet they were out of most of the hot bar items, but it did not take long for everything to be replenished. A good breakfast was had and since we had a late check-out we went back to the room to relax and watch a flick before leaving.
A great overall experience, would recommend to anyone looking to stay downtown. Very close to other restaurants or just a walk down 16th Street Mall.

1 Thank Barbara W
Dear Barbara W,
Thanks for the wonderful review. I am so pleased that you and your husband had a relaxing stay-cation and that you got to enjoy in our beautiful city. I appreciate the great comments about the service and I am glad you got to have the buffet breakfast items just as they were being prepared. We hope you will choose to stay with us for your next getaway.
Allison Malhiot
Schaumburg, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Beautiful hotel....great food...great service even though they were super busy we felt special! I was able to check in early from a morning flight and the room was super spacious and very clean. Love the Starbucks coffee in the room and the Regency lounge for members. Very convenient to 16th street mall and lots of great restaurants.

Dear Mary V,

Thank you for the fantastic review! We love to hear that our staff made you feel special and we were able to accommodate an early check in for you. I am glad you enjoyed our central location as well as the hotel amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sara Perry
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Clean, quiet rooms, near the Pepsi Center, Elitches and numerous other activities/restaurants in the Larimer Square and 16th Street Mall area in Downtown Denver. Parking is a little tricky and not free, however.

Dallas, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Hyatt Regency was literally across the street from the convention center and many restaurants and shopping stores within blocks--all very convenient for business seminar. Nice staff and rooms. Email checkout was efficient. Peaks Lounge is the best view of city in downtown area.

Shrewsbury, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I hosted a conference at the CCC and stayed at the Hyatt. The staff at the hotel was very pleasant and the facility was very nice. The hotel staff went above and beyond to accommodate us. I had a health issue while staying at this hotel. The hotel staff took very good care of me.

Dear Victoria S,

Thank you for the great review. We truly pride ourselves on our staff and love to hear our associates were both accommodating and compassionate. I am glad to hear you were taken care of during your stay and hope we see you next time you visit Denver!

Sara Perry