“Comfortable, Clean, Quiet, Nice”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #8 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Comfortable, Clean, Quiet, Nice”
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed a few days with my family. We really enjoyed our stay, which included access to the Regency Club (a serious ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ upgrade). We definitely recommend this hotel. The staff are great.
The location is great relative to theConvention Center, Opera House, and etc.

Stayed August 2014
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Brito_34,

Thank you for your recent stay with us; I'm so glad you and your family upgraded to the Regency Club. It really does come in handy and is a great perk that we're proud to be able to offer. It sounds like you got to get out a bit around the hotel to explore which is great. There is certainly a ton to do in a short distance around us. I hope you get a chance to come back to Denver, it would be our pleasure to host you again.

Hotel Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Hyatt room was spacious and very clean. Amenities in the room include a mini fridge and coffee/tea supplies, iron/ironing board and robe. There is also a desk and a chair and ottoman to sit and relax in. Good closet space with lots of hangers and even a dresser with drawers. Transit is available right out front and you are 1/2 block away from the convention center and a couple of blocks from shopping and lots of restaurants.

The wireless worked well in the room, but it can be a bit sketchy in the dining room and lobby areas. There is a charge for the wireless and its not cheap.

Check in was efficient and friendly, they also have auto check in/checkout with some machines. Worked very well and there was no line up to check out. Restaurants were great, with very friendly staff.

Bathroom is large, tub is not a soaker tub, but it’s a decent size. Great toiletries, including separate shampoo and conditioner, a large vanity with lots of storage and a hair dryer. The bed is very comfy, but the pillows go flat almost right away. Watch the sheets on the bed – the sheets on my bed were about 6 inches short of the bottom of the bed! Housekeeping had made the bed with all the sheet up at the head of the bed, and just left it like that. You can remake the bed or give them a call and ask them to fix it.

Green Features: there is a recylce trash can in the room. that was all i really noticed.
1 Thank DorisBH
Dear DorisBH,

Thank you for sharing such a thorough recount of your experience with our hotel. I really appreciate all of the great things you had to say about our team and property. I am sorry that you had a couple of inconveniences, we definitley don't want you sleeping on a bed that wasn't made properly. I hope we got that fixed quickly for you. I hope you can come see us again on your next trip to Denver.

Oakland, United States
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Stayed here for a conference. Hotel was very nice and clean. Staff very helpful. Loved the location to all the downtown activity. Recommend staying below the 21st floor as the elevators up to the top go so fast it hurt my ears.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Clemmons, United States
Reviewed 29 August 2014

The Hyatt was clean, tasteful, had great service and is right in the heart of the action. My only issue was that the food wasn't exceptionalt, but with all the GREAT ]dining options within an easy walk I wanted to get out anyway.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear Matthew D,

Thank you for your great review of our property. I do apologize that your restaurant experience with us wasn't quite up to expectation, but I'm glad that you found some of the many great eateries around us. Our location is really a great place to enjoy Denver from and I hope you get the chance to come back soon.

Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I have no complaints about this hotel. The rooms were nice, and the staff was helpful. The Altitudes restaurant has reasonable prices for a hotel, and a good buffet at lunch.

Depending on your location, you could get a good view of the city or mountains, or both. The Peaks Lounge on the 27th floor has a great view of the city and mountains, especially at sunset.

It's within walking distance of a few places down a few blocks. There's a transit train that runs by, but I didn't use it. The convention center is just across the street. It seemed safe enough at night walking the block around the building while I was looking for a different place to eat.

Took me awhile to realize my ice bucket and glasses were in the cabinet under the TV. I thought maybe they had gone crazy with the environmental stuff but I was wrong. There was a fridge also.
There is a price for Wi-Fi, but my conference deal meant I got it for free. There is a standard and premium, I had the standard. It was fine for email and other things, but for playing games they still had a network drop connection by the desk and the front desk even dropped me off an Ethernet cable to use and the connection was fine.

I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: They asked me if I wanted up high or low. I asked for high to get a better view of the city.
Green Features: Like a lot of Colorado hotels, they have some environmental recycling program in place, but nothing that forces you to adapt or interferes with the stay.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear AceOutlaw,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so glad you got to experience the beautiful sunset at Peak’s Lounge. We love to hear that our guests are enjoying the hotel amenities as well as our central downtown location. We hope to see you back on your next trip to Denver!

Sara Perry
Eagle Pass, Texas
Reviewed 29 August 2014

The overall experience was fabulous. The customer service received is second to none. From the minute I got dropped off at the hotel to the time I left the hotel. All employees treated everybody as if you were at home. The cleanliness of this hotel is awesome. This is one extreme clean hotel. The beds are extremely comfortable. As for the location it is even more awesome. Many restaurants nearby and stores for shopping are also close by. Definitely recommend this place to all travelers staying in Denver.

Room Tip: Room was located at the end of a hallway and it was perfect.
Green Features: The staff provided outstanding customer service. They make you feel right at home.
Dear FlyingEagle86,

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am happy to hear about the pleasant experiences you had during your stay with us. We do our best to make our guest feel comfortable and at home. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Sara Perry
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I am a stickler for bedding, and the King bed we had at the Hyatt was sublime. The in-room service was delicious! We got a high-floor room with views, too. The gym was quite large, with many machines and weights to choose from. Views from the gym were spectacular: I could see the mountain tops. The women's room was clean, with plenty of fresh towels. On our last night there, we went to the hot tub. Divine! I especially want to acknowledge our cleaning lady for two of our nights there. Her name is Guldasta. Guldasta did an incredible job cleaning and ensuring we had everything we needed! I mentioned Guldasta's excellent service to her supervisor, Halina. I loved our stay at the Hyatt and would definitely go there again!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room at no extra charge! I'd also ask for a room near the elevator, if you...
Green Features: We conserved towels each day by reusing them as much as possible. And the room had recycle bins in-room!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Marie Susan L,
Thank you for the wonderful review. We have passed along your great comments to ensure that Guldasta gets the recognition that she deserves. I am so glad that so many of the elements of your stay met your standards. We hope you will stay with us again soon!
Allison Malhiot