“Great Location.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Location.”
Reviewed 1 August 2010

Great location to 16th st mall, easy 1 block walk. Hotel itself was impressive,rooms were large,clean,bedding was more then comfortable. Check in staff was fast and friendly, not much more you need from a hotel. would stay again without any reservations.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
Natick, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 August 2010

We booked a room here on Priceline, bidding on a four star hotel. The Hyatt Regency is very nice but NOT 4 stars. If we hadn't been expecting 4 stars we would have liked it a lot more. The rooms are good sized with comfortable beds but not that special. However, what saved our stay is that the people who work there are, across the board, wonderful. One stand out was John at the reception desk who appeared genuinely friendly - not forced. The location is near the convention center and was very busy, but we always felt the staff was attentive and not rushed. We had drinks in the upstairs lounge which was nice but the view was no better than the view from our room.
But I do have a complaint about the upscale hotels like this: Why is that smaller, less pretentious chains - Choice Hotels, La Quinta Inns etc - can offer free parking and internet etc and places like this charge for everything! Choice and La Quinta now have great beds and toiletries too. It is annoying to pay more and get less. If you're at the convention center, this hotel would be fine.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Southeastern US
Reviewed 31 July 2010

Very nice hotel with wonderful rooms and beds. We had a great view of the city and the mountains. We bought the King Tut package and felt we got a pretty good deal.
It was a good location with the 16th street pedestrian mall close by. I visited the exercise room and the pool and was impressed with both of them! I would definately stay at the Hyatt Regency again!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Overall, this hotel was great! From check-in to check-out, everyone was so friendly & courteous. The room was spacious, the bed was comfy, the bathroom was large and the shower had great water pressure. There were only two things we didn't like about the hotel. The pool was rather small & with a convention in town, it was difficult to find space to swim/relax in the tiny indoor pool without being splashed by a bunch of kids. The second was that the soap provided by the hotel smelled bad & reminded me of a portable potty. I had to go to Walgreen's and buy a bar of Dove soap because I couldn't stand bathing with the one provided.

The hotel is in a great location with respect to the convention center (1 block away) and the 16th Street mall (1 block).

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
RegencyHyatt, Owner at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 31 July 2010
Dear Pharmdoc,
Thanks for the nice comments. We continually strive to ensure all associates are in positions where they can be at their best and give our guests a warm and friendly welcome as well as the service they deserve for choosing Hyatt. Thanks for your business!
nw indiana
Reviewed 25 July 2010

We were at the Hyatt for 4 nights while I attended a professional conference. I would have given it a 5 except for occasional 'glitches.' Overall the staff was outstanding, very responsive and helpful! The room was comfortable, the bathroom well maintained with great water pressure in the shower, elevators were fast despite high occupancy, and the location ideal for the convention center and an ok variety of restaurants on the 16th street mall. Further, although there was an additional charge, we chose to stay on the Regency Club floor, and the club room was great. Starbuck's coffee was available all day and evening, the continental breakfast included fresh fruit, lox and bagels with capers, lovely pastries and the usual cereals, breads, and juice. Cookies were available all day long and, beginning at 5:00, there was a great selection of appetizers including, on various days, crab claws, shrimp, kabobs of vegetables, cheese and meat, baguettes with spreads of hummus, artichoke and others, and a variety of cheeses and sausages. Wine was available for $4 a glass and cocktails were $5 with an impressive array of liquors from which to choose. At 8:00 every night, they added to this buffet a selecction of sweets for dessert.

Glitches, however, included the fact that they invited me, as a Gold Passport member , to check-in on line the morning of our arrival but their system couldn't find my reservation. When we arrived at the hotel, the kiosk also couldn't find my reservation, but Dustin immediately arrived at the kiosk and took me to his PC to check me in. A 3rd glitch was that he asked if we would like the complimentary turn-down service each evening, we said yes, but no one ever came to do that. We asked if a room refrigerator could be available and Dustin said yes at a one-time charge of $20 to cover our four nights. When we checked out, we had been charged $20 a day instead, but to their credit, they immediately credited all but the first $20. Finally, Dustin explained to us at check-in that they were no longer providing a statement of charges under the room door our last morning, but one would be sent to my email address "the moment I checked out from my room." When it was not there the evening after we had checked out, I wrote to Hyatt and they wrote back a day later with a .pdf form to complete to request a billing statement and, if I wanted to send it back via email, I had to go through a cumbersome process with little instructions to create a digital signature. A day later the statement was sent via email.

Our last concern was that, as others have mentioned, it was impossible to cool the room sufficiently for a good night's sleep, even though we kept the drapes closed continuously.

Nevertheless, for all the reasons cited in the first paragraph, I would recommend this facility and would stay there again if I was in Denver for another conference. The 'glitches,' although there were several, were all relatively minor bumps in the road of a very good stay.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 24 July 2010

Considering this hotel is only 4 years old the rooms are in bad shape. Cheap carpet, laminate desk, head board, night stand (where did they get this crap -Ikea???). Uncomfortable chair and desk. As a business traveler I at lease expect a decent place to work in the room. Towels were rough, sheets not a very high thread count. There was a weird white table with wheels - looked like it belonged in a kitchen. Again, very cheap and looked like it was straight from the Ikea showroom. Asked for a new room because the first one was so drab, so worn out. Got a second room - it was exactly the same. I think most people who stay here and give this a good review have never really stayed a premium hotel - that is the only rationale for the inappropriately high rating for this hotel. The Hilton Garden Inn next door was nicer - seriously. On the positive side - all employees were very nice and helpful. They were extremely apologetic for my crappy room(s). Perhaps they make up for the poor quality of the rooms with good customer service? For the price they charge I would NEVER stay her again. In fact, I don't see myself staying at any Hyatt in the near future just because I was so disgusted with this place.. Just a complete disappointment.

1 Thank kirstin99
Wild Western Wyoming
Reviewed 23 July 2010

While the hotel was beautiful and the staff friendly enough, I doubt I'll ever stay here again. The wait to check in was unbelievable, and the kiosk check in machines didn't have my reservation, so I had to go back in line to check in. The night I left my key in the room, it took security nearly 30 minutes to come let me into my room- so long that I had called the front desk twice more to make sure I was actually supposed to wait there rather than come down to front desk. The staff at the coffee shop/deli didn't speak English, and I couldn't communicate what I wanted.
The room was ok- small and dated and not what I have come to expect for a Hyatt Regency. The shower curtain was stained, the bathroom didn't exactly sparkle, and when I moved the nightstand to plug in a charger, it was obvious that it hadn't been moved and cleaned well for a long, long time. I was definitely under-whelming for the price I paid.
Location is great.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
RegencyHyatt, Owner at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, 24 July 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. You’ve raised some legitimate concerns that are being addressed immediately with the departments that failed to meet your expectations. This type of feedback helps us improve so that we can avoid making these errors in the future. We certainly hope you give us another chance in the future. Thanks again!