“Denver in July” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 154 Hotels in Denver
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Denver in July”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

My 3 week stay was great. Sergio, Kelly and the food team provide an excellent breakfast and happy hour. The quality was terrific. The hotel is clean and in a perfect location. The desk staff was very helpful, particularly in giving walking directions.

Room Tip: No swimming pool. Bright, clean rooms.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alanna4734, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Denver City Center was enjoyable.

303-296-3444

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Patchogue, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

the staff is exceptionally polite and helpful. The rooms are very clean and had everything I needed for my two week stay. The staff puts out an exceptional free breakfast and happy hour. The hotel location is within walking distance of many wonderful restaurants. A+ for staff, cleanliness, location, etc.

Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

Great place to stay for the 60 days we spent in Denver with over 50 restaurants within walking distance as well a access to Coors Field, The Performing Arts center and numerous others venues. The hotel was well run especially GM Kathleen who worked with us on a couple of issues to make sure we were happy. It's obvious she is held in high esteem by the front desk and other staff members as well. Kelly who runs the happy hour at night is an entertaining people pleaser who's charity work on behalf of middle school children is amazing. Others who stood out were Candelaria who serviced our room promptly and thoroughly every three days as requested and Sergio who did every thing from manning the front desk to becoming Kelly on her days off. The only negative's we had were the lack of HD TV's and the maddening seventy five cents per call in a place where there is virtually no cell reception - cm'on Marriott, shape it up.

Room Tip: Pet friendly including cats.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

We stayed here on the 2nd night of our vacation while we passed through Denver. We checked in after attending the Rockies/Phillies game. The young lady that checked us in was very nice and even laughed at my dumb jokes. A couple of complaints though...We pulled into the parking garage to park. The problem is that when you're carrying all of your luggage from the car to the lobby, you need a key to get into the elevator shaft. If you haven't checked in yet, you don't have an elevator key. Maybe I did it wrong, but I guess you need to check in before you park. Anyway, we waited a few minutes and someone came out of the elevator lobby and we snuck in. Overall it was just a minor inconvenience. The rooms are clean, the bed in the bedroom is very comfortable, but the pull out sofa is not. There is no ice maker on the floor, but there is an ice maker in the freezer. Unfortunately that only makes a few rounds of ice and not enough to fill up a cooler. The hotel is conveniently located and I would recommend it to others. I used Marriott points, so I cannot speak to value or price.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

For the hotel and what niche it fits in the hotel industry, this hotel was a Five-Star hotel. I stayed there for two nights in July 2012 on business and from the moment I was greeted by the helpful staff I could find nothing bad to say.

I believe the young man who checked me in was Ryan (I hope I got his name correct), He was very helpful, asked the right questions of me to see if there was anything he could give me a tip on or help with. A very good person to work the front desk. Everything was very clean and quiet on the guest floors. The free breakfast in the mornings downstairs was a great way to start the day...relaxing and good food.

The room was very large and contained everything I needed. The location was great, close to the tram.

The only nit I have is maybe the wireless internet. I had issues with trying to type in the code, etc. with one of my devices. Never got it to connect. My iPhone was fine and I used the wired connection for my laptop in the room with no problem.

I guess I can put actions behind my words in that I am going back on business and staying five nights in mid-August. Of course I asked for this hotel!

Thanks to all.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

This hotel is located within walking distance of Coors Field (where the Phillies recently won the series against the Rockies). Close to good restaurants, the 16th St mall area, and within walking distance of free transportation to many of the best sights. The rooms included a kitchen area next to the TV and living area with a separate sleeping area. The entire suite was immaculate! Hotel parking was a bit expensive ($22 per night). An adequate (but not mouth watering) hot buffet breakfast was included. The staff was gracious and responsive and the beds were the best! Great night's sleep.

Room Tip: We requested a quiet room. Our room was on the 14th floor. Very quiet...except when our neighbors ha...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

I am a frequent traveller, having lived in hotels all over the world. I typically bring my family along in summer and Residence Inn suits us well. I am lifetime platinum member of Marriott Rewards and SPG but after staying at this hotel I am completely done with the Marriott chain altogether. Here are some of the issues we faced. I stopped by the hotel a week before our stay for 30 days and requested an upgrade to a corner suite, I will told they will block a room for me and email but nothing happened, I reminder them again next day and same response. I even offered to pay extra but by the time I checked in I was told no such room are available anymore. Lets come to the service, takes 4-5 hours to get extra linens etc, one two days we requested service to and no one showed. On day 2 they finally made up the room and took all the towels, we had to call three times before our towels came to the room at 8 pm or so. Stay away from this place I recommend another chain.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family