“Short but sweet stay”

Residence Inn Denver City Center
Ranked #36 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 25 December 2012

We got an awesome deal on Hotels.com and paid $48 before taxes for a 1 bedroom suite! My girlfriend and her brother were with me and he stayed in the living room on the pull out sofa. He stated it wasn't comfortable at all compared to other pull out sofas. Our bed was decent but our room was as far from the elevator as you could get. It was also a pain to get in from the parking garage as you needed a key to get to the elevator and then a key to get the elevator to work.

The hotel was well kept, the room was perfect, our windows opened to the cool air, and their breakfast was excellent. While parking is going to cost you, it isn't anymore expensive than anywhere else and I found that it was actually cheaper than others. Technically, we didn't pay for the parking because someone gave us their card and said "Merry Christmas"...but I wouldn't have complained should I have had to pay. I wish that I had booked this room for Sunday night too but I didn't realize we'd be back in the city so soon.

Room Tip: Get your money's worth and eat their breakfast!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 December 2012

I was extremely impressed with how Stewart Gonzales took great attention to my food allergies when I inquired about any soy in the free breakfasts. Every day, he prepared special meals for me before I even got there for breakfast! He constantly checked everything to ensure that nothing that I would eat could cause any issues. He was really great at hosting breakfasts. Then, one night, I inquired about one of the free meals that are provided. A chef named Ceb reassured me that he did not use any soy in anything (except for one food prep item that called for it two nights earlier). He said that he did not use soy since he preferred to cook healthy meals that people would make if they were home. Delicious.
I would definately come here again. Thanks Steward and Cen.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Alanna4734, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Denver City Center was enjoyable.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

The Residence Inn is smack-dab in the middle of downtown Denver, and as such makes it a very good choice as it allows you to walk to all of Denver's downtown attractions, including the mile long 16th Avenue pedestrian mall nearby. We had a suite with a small but well-equipped kitchenette (regular size fridge, decent stove, sink etc. and all the necessary cooking equipment) and a decent-sized bedroom with king-size bed. The bathroom comes with a separate vanity area. Water pressure is good. We had a problem with the toilet, which wasn't flushing but the maintenance man came and quickly fixed the problem. There is an excellent complimentary breakfast served in the downstairs lobby with great coffee (now that's a change!). Unfortunately, there is a $22 daily charge for parking nearby. Given the very reasonable rates for this hotel, I recommend it most highly!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We stayed here for a business trip when our usual corporate hotels were sold out and we could not have been happier. The hotel either has been newly renovated or the upkeep has been fantastic. Every inch of the hotel was extremely clean and the service was friendly, fast and very pleasant. The rooms truly are suites with full kitchens and plenty of space to lounge and relax.
The complimentary internet was super fast (didn't lose the connection once in 3 days) and the complimentary buffet breakfast was just the thing to help us kick off a couple of busy days. The breakfast is the usual selection of hot and cold items. There is also a complimentary Happy Hour Monday-Thursday with free beer and wine and light snacks (they had fajitas the night we were there). The location is very central to the 16th St. Pedestrian Mall and the rest of downtown Denver. Excellent value for the money. We would absolutely stay here again.

1  Thank Franchise35
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Comfortable rooms and beds with small but nice kitcheonette area. This hotel made our 5 night stay there for a conference better than most hotels. The only problem was a noisy heat/AC unit that had to be set to Economy for sleeping, and occasional barks from dogs in adjacent rooms.

Room Tip: Ask to NOT be near the designated pet rooms.
1  Thank TNewby
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Excellent large, very clean suites with separate bedroom and living area with kitchen. A desk for working and 2 TVs. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was good. A big choice at breakfast which included fresh fruit and hot dishes. Complimentary drink and supper in the early evening on weekdays. Free wifi and newspaper. Gym equipment in good condition and open 24 hours. Security is good with using the card in the elevator. Also, 2 people who walked in from the street to help themselves to breakfast were spotted immediately and asked to leave. All the staff are friendly and helpful. The location is a short walking distance from the convention centre and 16th St Mall.

Room Tip: I was on a higher floor but I think all the rooms would be fine.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Poole11

Reviewed 14 November 2012

I stayed at The Residence Inn Denver City Center Nov. 8-12 for a business
meeting. I arrived late in the evening on the 8th and Ryan, behind the
desk, really got things off on a good note. He opened the conference room
for me so that I could see the space, let me know that they had a list of
restaurants nearby to offer the attendees looking for lunch or dinner, and
really made me feel at home.

Throughout the stay, the staff was great, for those setting up breakfast, to
the maintenance and room care people, and, of course, the always amazing
people behind the desk. (They even helped another guest by dog sitting for
a couple of hours.

The accommodations were wonderful as well, with a well appointed and
immaculate room and a better than average exercise room. When you are
focused on leading a meeting, all of these things make a stay infinitely
better.

I would stay here again in a minute! The only fault I could find was that
the hot tub on the rooftop area by the exercise room was out of order. That
is a very minor problem when it is 35 degrees outside.

2  Thank BeachLovingCouple