“Residence Inn by Marriott in Downtown Denver -- Exceeds All Expectations”

Residence Inn Denver City Center
Ranked #29 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Denver, Colorado
“Residence Inn by Marriott in Downtown Denver -- Exceeds All Expectations”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

There are a lot of fine hotels in downtown Denver to choose from. Whether you are staying just overnight or for an extended period, Marriott's Residence Inn in Denver is a great choice. I stayed here last year during a two-week visit. Instead of a room, you have a suite with living room, nice kitchen, big bathroom and comfortable bed. The hotel is well maintained. The service by housekeeping is excellent, whether you want daily service or every few days. Immediately at check in you know your experience will be great. The front desk is welcoming, efficient, accommodating and always greets you with a smile. If you need directions or suggestions, they are always helpful. Ryan on the front desk could not be nicer welcoming me back this year as I checked in and letting me know if I need anything to contact the front desk. Everyone who works at this hotel is friendly and accommodating. I ran into one of the housekeepers that I met last year, Maria. She is so efficient and nice...takes a few minutes to chat.,,we hugged again when we saw each other this year. Ths hotel serves a complete complimentary breakfast in the morning and has a happy hour in the evening including complimentary dinner on weeknights if you choose to eat. All of those who work that area are efficient and nice and will bring you anything you request. Stuart is the best visitors guide for Denver you can meet. He is hardworking but always takes a moment to greet you and chat. He even baked me banana bread this year using breakfast bananas that were getting real ripe. I hav trouble remembering names but all of ge kitchen staff are accommodating. In the evening, it's a great living room area where you can "chill" and relax from your day...meet other guests,,,watch a sporting event or news on one of the big screens televisions. This is a home away from home in the great city of Denver. For value you could never beat this hotel. I hate to mention it for fear that the price will go up or I have touted so many people on the quality of this place that wont be able to get a reservation next time I want to visit, but I have found the room rates to be very reasonable. For what you get they are an incredible value. This is a jewel of a hotel. You have to attribute it to a great manager who sets the tone and leads a dedicated staff. The Residence Inn by Marriott in Downtown Denver is among th best hotels I've stayed in.

Room Tip: The hotel is quiet even though fully booked. Elevators are speedy regardless of floor. There is a gy...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank gregb511

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Tinton Falls, New Jersey, Usa
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I am actually on my second day (of 4) here at the Residence Inn Downtown Denver. Here for a convention at the Convention Center (which is within 8 minutes walking distance).

First impressions are important and I think I have gotten enough of an impression to write a very positive review of my experiences here thus far.

First, if you have read my reviews on TripAdvisor you will realize I am a huge fan of Residence Inns. I was put in charge of selecting rooms for my company to stay in during this trade show and I immediately sought out this brand hotel. Fortunately, it was close to the convention center. While the people here love to refer to the rooms as "suites," they really aren't the kind of suites you would find at a fancy hotel. Residence Inn rooms are a bit larger than the average hotel room and in most cases, there are living and bed rooms separated by a wall. In addition, you get a nice kitchen area complete with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, plates and utensils.

I arrived at the Residence Inn rather early this past Tuesday. It was just before 11am and I knew that the rooms would not be ready. Mary was the person at the front desk and she could not have been any more accommodating to my needs. I had a few requests about the rooms I wanted and having my colleagues on the same floor. She was able to arrange everything for me without hesitation and informed me that as soon as my room was ready she would call me on my cell.

In the meantime, I took a seat in the adjoining television lobby area and plugged my laptop into one of the many power strips along their large tables. I met a really friendly guy named Stewart who is one of the morning custodians. He was very helpful in helping me find a nice location to plug in my laptop and as I proceeded to talk further with him, he gave me some background on this hotel, informing me that it recently had gone under a revision. In fact, Marriott usually does a make-over to all their hotels every 6 years. The lobby and its layout are quite nice.

Looking forward to talking with Stewart again over the next few days I am here.

The room met my expectations as to what I have experienced at other Residence Inns. Clean rooms and nice little touches like a jar of candy atop the living room table. The bed was comfortable, but it was rather strange that my colleague (who stayed in another suite) and I both commented on how uncomfortable the sheets were.

Breakfast was absolutely fantastic. There was an ample assortment of hot and cold items. Loved making my own waffles. I would say that the breakfast selection was better than I usually expect when I stay at competing Hampton Inns. Be prepared to be well fed when staying at this hotel.

We have been eating out at local restaurants so we haven't really been able to take advantage of the manager's reception that happens every weekday evening, I believe, starting at 5pm. Last night night was Cheeseburger night which I am a little bummed I miss, but tonight they are serving complimentary shrimp subs and Friday is pulled pork. Have done the manager receptions at other Residence Inns and it's just another really nice touch that puts these hotels above all the others.

So, yes, so far I am very happy with this Residence Inn. It's another reminder as to why I stay loyal to the Marriott brand. Looking forward to my remaining nights here.

Room Tip: There are two types of suites here. Bedroom and living room combined or separated into two rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RonboNJ
Alanna4734, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Denver City Center was enjoyable.

Manchester
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

Recently completed three night stay here in Denver. Our room was ready when we arrived early, so we were able to make the most of our time here. Reception staff were extremely helpful in giving advice and directions to enable us to find our way round the one way system. Our one bedroom suite was lovely, only negative is the bed was one queen and we have got used to larger when we travel! Breakfast was the best I have experienced in a Residence inn, with proper (not disposable, although they were available) plates and cutlery, and the dining staff were super efficient and friendly/ helpful as well. Very much enjoyed our visit here.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MargaretJay

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My PET PEEVE with hotels is when the fitted sheet pops off the mattress during the night. This hotel seems much too nice for that, but I woke up wrapped inside my fitted sheet this morning. The sheets were very old and worn and clearly didn't fit the relatively new mattress on the bed.

I'm writing this reivew on the computer in the lobby because my room hasn't been serviced for the day - at 3pm when I asked that it be cleaned at 10:30 this morning. I also asked for sheets that fit the bed.

When I arrived yesterday the AC in my room didn't work and the bathroom sink didn't drain well. I called and nothing was done, so when I left for the evening I asked again and those problems were taken care of when I returned.

There is a nice breakfast buffet but it is not serviced very well. Plates and silverware were not kept stocked and the lines were very long while guests waited to utensils to eat their food.

The hotel is centrally located, but so are many others. I'd find some place else to stay.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DbacksFn
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Kelly is the best bartender I have ever met... I've traveled for years and she's the best.
We came to Denver with our family to see a baseball game and a Broncos game. Great hotel and even better location.wonderful stay..
Cliff and Deb Bergeron
Calgary Canada

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I felt very comfortable and safe during my whole stay. Very, very friendly and helpful staff. Not a fancy hotel but cosy and clean one. Mini market in the hotel. Good if you arrive late. A short walk from 16th Street with Free Mall Ride Busses. B-Cycle right around the corner. Good hairdresser located next door. Mini market on the other side of the street. Taxis waiting always in front of the hotel. Guest parking.

Room Tip: Rooms located south and west
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank helgak289
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Centrally located hotel. The reception staff couldn't be anymore friendly and helpful. The rooms are like mini-apartments, with kitchenettes equipped with all the modern amenities. Fantastic views from our room on the 15th floor. Wifi available and free throughout the hotel. Breakfast, evening drinks and food included in the room rate. The only couple of things I would change: $25 per night for parking is a bit excessive, especially when you have car parks all over the area at $12 per day. Also, such amazing rooms and no safe?? Every time I needed something from the safe I had to go to front desk. Again, these are minor issues that will not put me off from staying here again, should I visit Denver in the future.

• Stayed September 2013