Residence Inn Denver City Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstreet mallfront deskhappy hourcoors fieldbedroom suitefull kitchenwithin walking distancefree breakfastfire pitsmall kitchentwo blocksyogurtfree busrockies gameparking garageeach morninglocation is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Great Rooms, hotel staff, and the breakfast is lights out good! Within walking distance of the 16th street mall, Lower Denver Downtown or "Lodo". Excellent value. I travel frequently to Denver on business, and less frequently for pleasure (my favorite sports teams are here)..and will not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Alanna4734, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Denver City Center was enjoyable.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband and I visited Denver for a wedding and stayed in this hotel for two nights. Here's what we liked most about our stay and some things we wish had been different:

+ welcoming staff who accommodated all of our requests
+ clean, comfortable lobby with a cozy fireplace and business center
+ room (suite) was huge and was way more space than we needed for a short term stay; nice to not feel trapped though!
+ room was clean and well appointed (sofa, full kitchen, "dining" table, counter space, iron, hair dryer, etc.)
+ comfortable bed with good pillows; we liked that the comforter was clearly one that gets washed and changed with each guest
+ great shower with good pressure and plenty of space due to rounded shower rod
+ hotel breakfast was large with plenty of hot food options
+ great location, walking distance to major attractions, 16th street mall

- the hotel parking fee is ridiculously high; being city dwellers we understand parking space is at a premium but $25 per night is a lot when you can park you car for less at a lot around the corner (which we did)
- the hotel breakfast offers very few gluten free options (fruit, yogurt, but nothing hot--although we didn't make a specific request...)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PetiteLinds
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Making my reservation on-line was painless and check-in uneventful, as it should be. No mix-ups and the room was as advertised - full kitchen (except oven - which I did not need). I asked for "quiet" and got it. Everything was spotless and in its place.
The staff were all pleasant. I had a package delivered and all went well with that. The breakfast was more than adequate and the evening 'happy hour' snacks ended up being my supper most nights.
The only concern was the room service my first night. It is from a nearby restaurant and while the food was good, having a $50 meal arrive cold with soggy fries and o-rings was only tolerable due to hunger from a day of traveling. This is out of their control but they should demand better service from their suppliers.
I would definitely return as I do like the small apartment-style set-up. The location was a major plus for me as was the well equipped exercise room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2013

By far the best hotel I've stayed in...as far as customer service and value.
Will book again next year, in fact, going to do it now if they me allow to book a year ahead.
Free breakfast, which was nice, free dinner?..... With free dinner and wine, and the wine was actually drinkable?.... Wow......still can't believe it. An EXTREME VALUE, will 100% stay again. This is the right choice....IMO!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Steven B

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stayed here on a long weekend with my son to attend a baseball and football game. This hotel was perfect! Stayed in a one bedroom and while it was smaller then expected, it still had plenty of room. The sofa sleeper was very uncomfortable since the mattress was old and not firm at all but the bed in the bedroom area was a typical Marriott bed, very comfortable.

The location of this hotel can't be beat. Short walk to 16th St and from there you can take the free shuttle bus up and down 16th st and to the light rail stations so you can get anywhere from here. The baseball stadium is just a short walk from this hotel so we walked there. The football stadium was easy to get to using the free shuttle bus and taking the light rail right to the stadium. I did not rent a car and we used the free bus to get everywhere. There was no need for a car unless you wanted to venture outside the city.

The breakfast was great. This is a Residence Inn so if you are familiar with Marriott and the Residence Inn chain you have free breakfast in the morning complete with eggs, waffles, fruit, juice, coffee, bagels, bacon etc..

On 16th st you will find many different restaurants and bars again all within walking distance. I travel all over but this is the first time I have been to Denver and I loved it ! Loved the downtown area. Maybe if I had any complaint it would be the large number of homeless people begging for money. More then I typically see in NYC and other major cities but overall the city area is extremely clean and safe.

There is no pool at this hotel but they have a nice work out room and nice courtyard area with fire pit. The staff was also very helpful.

This is a great hotel and if I come to Denver again, this would be my first choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family