“Would not recommend”

Ranked #28 of 157 Hotels in Denver
San Diego, California
“Would not recommend”
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights over New Year's Eve and would not recommend this hotel. I'll start with the positive:
- clean room and lobby
- free continental breakfast
- free wi-fi

Now the not so good:
After checking in the first night, we headed up the elevator, only to find the hallway smelling of cigarettes and marijuana. There was staff in the hallway who laughed off our concerns. We were completely aware that it was New Years and people were there to celebrate, but kids running up and down the halls until 5 am seems a bit excessive. We woke up the next next morning to the hallways littered in trash, crushed cereal, and still smelling horrible. There was hotel security onsite, but that seemed to matter little. Besides the stench, noise, and dismissive staff, the beds were sub par at best. Upon check out, we approached the front desk about a bell cart (there is no bellman) to help with our luggage. We were told go search the 6 levels of parking garages because people may have used and not returned them. I would think a place like the marriott would offer a bit better service than "go find one." I would not stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Alanna4734, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Andrew,

Thank you very much for your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms, lobby, complimentary breakfast and wi-fi! We understand how you feel rest of your stay was not as great. We did have a difficult time pinpointing which suites the smoking was occuring in until the guests departed the hotel and were able to determine who was not abiding by our non-smoking policy. I hope that our associates would never laugh off any of our guests concerns and we will certainly address this with all of our staff. We did take additional security measures on New Years Eve to make sure all of our guests had a enjoyable experiece by bringing in two off-duty police officers onto our property and I as well worked the overnight shift to make sure that the hotel was quiet, safe and secure for all of our guests. We made continuous rounds of the hotel to make sure the property was clean and as quiet as possible but I know we were not able to curtail all of these instances. We apologize that our beds did not suit you well as they are brand new high quality mattresses that we have purchased within the past year. I would also hope that our staff would never send our guests looking for bellcarts on the parking garage levels and we will certainly address this with our associates. Your experience is certainly not the standard that our hotel provides to our guests and would love to discuss your experience further. Please feel free to contact at your conveinence.

Warmest Regards,

David Brinkey
Assistant General Manager
(303) 296-3444

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Gillette, Wyoming
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel over Christmas. The rooms were very nice and clean. The staff was very friendly. The buffet breakfast, which was included with our room, had cereal, muffins, bagels, waffles, eggs, sausage, fruit, and all sorts of drinks. Parking was a little pricey ($25.00/day) but the garage is right next to the hotel. Easy in and easy out.The Sixteenth Street mall is just around the corner (a block away). The little kitchen was fully stocked with pots and pans and everything was nice and clean. They had little meet and greets downstairs with free food and drink. We didn't attend any of them, but what a nice thing for hotel guests (especially those staying for an extended period). We would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
colorado springs
Reviewed 28 December 2013

One night in downtown, easy walking distance to 16th Street Mall. Room was nice, clean and very comfortable. Staff was attentive and friendly. Parking was easy but steep as they all are in downtown Denver. Breakfast was great with many chioices. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Alanna4734, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Denver City Center was enjoyable.

Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Standard Residence Inn, I stay in lots of them. What amazed me was how the staff handled the 400 or so South Korean students staying there for a robotics competition!

When I checked in the lobby was crammed with students and families plus signs in Korean. I was greeted promptly, given my room (smaller than I had reserved due to some being blocked off) and was on my way.

Not once in the four nights I was there did I hear kids running up and down the hallways! The South Korean culture is to be very respectful and they were. Had I found out these were kids for a basketball tournament I would have cancelled my reservation right there and found someplace else to sleep, anywhere else! American kids, my own nationality, and their parents need a lesson.

I was disappointed in the breakfast. Not much variety. Due to the kids there I never got a chance to see what they were offering for supper snacks.

Parking is a challenge if you have a big truck. The turns are tight and it is an additional $25 per night.

Great staff, good restaurant recommendations and only a block and a half walk to the 16th Street mall.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Colorado
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

I was in Denver a lot, both by myself and with a few friends. This is where I stay. Safe location great standard breakfast, attractive lobby and rooms, etc.
I personally slept on the sleeper sofa several times and it was fine . however I'm not a picky sleeper.
I also enjoy the m-th afternoon receptions?
The staff is always professional and accommodating when possible.
Great spot for families and the trains and mall bus are steps away.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Golden, Colorado
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Fantastic customer service! Desk staff was very helpful. Location is close to theatres, all types of restaurants, and shopping. Quiet, clean, and a decent breakfast! We will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Annriley2013

Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I do a lot of traveling for my job and this is on the top of my list. The staff here is great. The rooms are spacious and more than what I need to do my work. I was able to get a good nights rest. I will be back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business