“Just what we needed”

Ranked #27 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Denver, Colorado
“Just what we needed”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We were attending a convention at Denver's Convention Center and wanted a hotel that had a refrigerator. This full kitchen (minus oven) was perfect! The location was ideal, just a few blocks from the convention center and near everything downtown.

Free breakfast is always nice, but as someone with food intolerances it wasn't a huge draw for me. Again, I didn't use them, but free popcorn and coffee/tea in the room was a nice touch.

There was a flat screen TV in both the living room and the bedroom. A small dining table, a desk, a sofa, a chair plus a comfy bed made this a nice room for the weekend.

There is a 7-11 right across the street and all of the restaurants and shops you'd ever want on the 16th Street Mall just a block away. The elevator is very fast, we never had to wait more than a minute. Parking is a little steep at $27/night but it was very convenient and easy to use.

If we need to stay in downtown Denver again, we would definitely stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank whynottrvl
RIDenverGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
whynottrvl,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to review our hotel. I agree...our location allows for easy access to all of downtown and the convention center. Sorry that the breakfast was not a huge draw for you; we are always open for suggestions to improve our offerings. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Assuring you my best,
Ben Kulak, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Roseville, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel while I attended a convention in Denver. One of my best experiences ever at a hotel. Room was large, clean and quiet. A great variety of food at free morning buffet was a great way to start a long day of conferences. Very convenient to Convention Center, 16th street mall and Coors field. The staff was outstanding and particularly Sergio who surprised me with gloves when I expressed regret that I didn't bring gloves on the trip and my hands were cold! Hard to find customer service like that other places. This would be my first choice hotel if visiting Denver again.

1 Thank c v
Alanna4734, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Denver City Center, responded to this review, 5 June 2014

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable.

We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Belmont, California
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I visited this hotel at a very busy time. The staff was friendly and helpful at check-in. We asked for a late check-out and the hotel was not able to accommodate. They had a blanket statement indicating that nobody could have one.
The location is very good.... about 8 blocks to Convention Center and 2 blocks to shopping and restaurants. Rooms were clean and the kitchen is a plus.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank KMBelmont
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Convenient to the Convention Center and pedestrian areas, our room was clean and spacious. Small kitchen is quite helpful and it is near restaurants and shops. Excellent for a conference or business downtown.

2 Thank SerenityFF
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Denver City Center was enjoyable. We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed our location!

Baltimore
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I ended up at the Residence Inn Denver City Center when another hotel had my reservation canceled. They arranged for me to stay here instead. I hadn't stayed at a Residence Inn for a while, but I was very much impressed.

The location is great - I was attending a conference at the Convention center and could easily wlk there in about 10 minutes - a fairly pleasant walk too.

The hotel's open areas are spotless. There are comfortable seats and the breakfast area is large.

The room was perfect. I enjoy having a full size fridge which, though I didn't use this time, could come in handy. Bed was adequate - nothing wrong with it, but also nothing special. Other amenities in the room were very good.

Complimentary breakfast was one of the better that I have enjoyed. There was plenty each morning and changed over the three mornings that I ate there.

Moreover, at night there was a small buffet available.

Finally, I found the staff incredibly helpful.

Overall, I won't recommend this hotel in a heartbeat.

2 Thank Bubingo
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Denver City Center was enjoyable. I am pleased to also hear that you enjoyed our staff and our location!

Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Lobby was very welcoming, staff was very friendly. Check in was fast and easy. Had keys and was in our room and comfy before we knew it. Has the fastest elevators I've ever been in lol. Breakfast was very tasty.Rooms were very clean, only problem we had was no king beds were available.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank kevin t
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Denver City Center was enjoyable. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location!

Oregon
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I spent three nights at the Residence Inn, arriving on a Thursday, departing on Sunday. The service was stellar from beginning to end with friendly staff who were very helpful with my inquiries and requests. The room was very clean upon check in and thoroughly cleaned daily with extras left to replace anything I used.

The room was a large suite with a full kitchen (fridge, stove, microwave, coffeemaker), a small dining area, a sitting area and a sleeping area. The bed was nicely made with plenty of pillows to choose from depending on your preferences and had a nice comforter with a spotless, white duvet cover.

I had three tall windows for plenty of light and the view was of a rooftop with a nice patio area; beyond, I could see the adjacent tall buildings and sky. The door to the patio was next to my room and had the weather been warm, I would have loved to sit outside and enjoy the view.

My room, being at the far end of the hallway, was VERY quiet with no noise at all from either the street or the inside of the hotel.

The location was good as it is only a block and a half from the 16th Street Mall where I could find plenty of places to eat. There were some questionable people on the streets but I was never approached by anyone and made it to dinner and back with no issues.

They served a free breakfast each morning and while it's certainly not gourmet, I was able to get some protein and fruit juice and was happy with what I ate. The choices were good, enough to please anyone who doesn't mind eating hotel lobby breakfast.

Upon leaving, I had to have some things shipped home and the young lady at the desk was very helpful and went above and beyond to make sure my items were well packed and would arrive safely.

I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet, clean, no-frills place to stay. If you're looking for luxury, this is not the place.

Room Tip: It seemed to be pretty quiet everywhere but the gym is located with the rooms so I would make sure I...