“Very pleasant stay in Downtown Denver”

Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown
Ranked #24 of 161 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We could not have been happier with our hotel choice. The room was very large, clean and had everything we needed. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful when we were in need of directions or suggestions. We had no problem with parking. There is a lot right across the street that cost us only $10 for a 24 hour period, and there was no problem with in/out privileges. The breakfast was outstanding! I used the laundry facilities during our visit. It was a clean and comfortable laundry room, and had a comfy chair to sit in while my clothes were spinning. We did not use the pool or exercise room, but both looked clean and nice. We were within walking distance of the downtown area, the 16th Street Mall, and Coors Field. We found a self-guided downtown walking tour in a Fodor's travel guide, and it gave you a real taste of downtown Denver. We would definitely stay here in the future. Great choice!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to eliminate street noise during morning rush hour.
1  Thank MaryH_GroveCity
Write a ReviewReviews (1,064)

Reviewed 28 July 2012

We recently stayed in Denver for 4 nights for a conference. This is a very nice location. Rooms are very clean and well kept. Staff is very friendly. The breakfast is very good. My only complaint would be the $20 parking fee. With empty lots all around them, I think they should explore working out a deal, which would be better for guests.

2  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We stayed here for one night last month and found it to be ideal for everything we needed for our stay in Denver. The rooms were typical of this chain, large, well furnished with everything you need (fridge, coffee maker, bath products etc) and a very comfy bed. Breakfast was very plentiful and always well stocked, I appreciated the variety of hot and cold things available. It was the weekend so we were able to park on the street, but valet was available for your standard cost ($20ish). It had a good business centre and all the staff were friendly and helpful. The location could’ve been better for what we were doing, but it’s only a few blocks from one end of 16th Street so I guess it depends where you’re going as Denver is quite a big place. In all a decent and good value place for Denver Downtown.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BorderRambler
Reviewed 24 July 2012

This is the best Hampton hotel we have been to, easily.

Our room, is of average size but turns out to be one of the smallest in the entire hotel. The room is clean, tastefully decorated and we managed just fine for our family of three without constantly being on top of one another. Having visited two other rooms that were larger, they were also very well done.

The breakfast is the best free hotel breakfast I have had. Each day the warm stuff changes so that when staying for several days you do not have to grab the same stuff everyday and there is plenty of fresh fruit which is appreciated. They even have brown bag breakfast if you are in a hurry to just pick up on at the front desk.

The internet connection is sometimes slow. The a/c is relatively quiet. We did not face Sherman st which meant we heard no traffic noise. The fitness centre is small but has the basics, though the elliptical was way too noisy to be used but now that it has been reported, hopefully it can be resolved soon. There are cookies in the afternoon to pick up for a snack and tea, coffee and hot chocolate are always available. I do not care for the shampoo and conditioner hampton provides so would love to see something better.

The pool is a bit on the cool side and some boys came out of the pool shivering when done. The hot tub is not working right now which is disappointing.

This is in good walking distance to many attractions. We did the 16th st mall on day one and were there in under 15 minutes. You can easily get to Capitol State, museum of art, public library and other attractions in the area which makes it very handy.

The valet parking is never a fav of ours to use. Instead we opted for using the lot across the st for $6 or $7 a pop from 6am - 6pm. No in and out privileges but since we tend to go out for adventures for the day and then come back in the late afternoon, it works just fine. So far after 2 days we have spent $2 on parking as meters are free on weekends and after 6pm until 9. There is a 2 hour limit at the meters though but if we stay longer there are enough pay lots in the area, you are bound to find a spot.

If we return to Denver, you can be sure we would stay here again.

3  Thank Campo3
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This is one of the best hotels I have honestly ever stayed in, and I am a world traveler. I can't say enough so I won't try. This hotel single handedly is going to make me consider staying at Hamptons in the future, I hope they can all live up to this property but I have a feeling this is a one off experiance.

The breakfast was amazing and the staff was really amazing. I was there for about 7 days after staying at the Marriott City Center for a few days and there was no comparison. Location is a quick walk to the 16th street mall which is kind of over rated but it's something to do. If you are between a few hotels, try this place and you will see what I mean. I do not normally leave positive reviews but this place is over the top. Special thanks to Christine for returning my call a week before I arrived and telling me that she would add a day to my trip even though the rate I got was no longer available. It is the little things that add up and make this place special.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank apamin
Reviewed 7 July 2012

The Hampton Inn is the newest hotel in Denver, which has also been recently updated. Contemporary design and furnishings. Our room was very spacious and comfortable, with all the bells and whistles included. I wouldn't hesitate to book a conference or meeting at this location.
Delicious breakfast and friendly and gracious staff (as my husband dropped the tongs twice at breakfast, haha). Loved that "breakfast to go" bags were available! Overnight parking was only $10 across the street - a bargain in the city! We loaded the car and kept it there while we toured the city on foot. Only four blocks to the State Capitol building, three more to the Denver Art Museum, and toured Trinity United Methodist church on the way back.
This was our kids' favorite hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Traveling_Mammy_of_3
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Great location, friendly service. Will do it again on our next mile high adventure

• Stayed: June 2012