Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,075 results
All reviewsstreet mallvalet parkingwithin walking distancefree breakfastcapitol buildingshort walkfew blockscoors fieldfront desk staffconvention centercookiespool and hot tubwould stay here againoatmealfresh fruitvalet serviceclean hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2013

For the price we paid, this hotel was definitely worth it for a night downtown. If you're looking for a full service hotel, then look somewhere else though.

It's a little bit on the edge of where everything is happening and is about a 20 minute walk to the bars, but the area felt pretty safe and well lit. Check-in was friendly enough and quick. The lobby looked pretty nice. Our room was basically what you would expect from a Hampton Inn and was able to hold 4 people perfectly fine. Free internet and the TV had some pretty good programs. Beds were a little firm. Did not have time for breakfast because we wanted to sleep in after partying all night.

Overall I would rate this as a solid 3 star business hotel. On a side note, they would not credit my night to my HHonors account because I booked through hotels.com which had a slightly cheaper rate. I can see why, but it's still a dumb policy. I tried to get HHonors to match it beforehand, but they said they couldn't because the cancellation policy was SLIGHTLY different.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
HISDenverDowntown, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown. We are pleased to provide our guests with plenty of amenities and services to make them comfortable, but you are correct that we are not a full service hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had some difficulties with booking your reservation via a 3rd party (hotels.com). Hotels.com and other discount channels offer you a reduced rate for a full pre-payment reservation that is non-refundable and cannot be cancelled. So, while you did get a better rate, you do not receive Hilton HHonors credit at any of our hotels worldwide. I am sorry if this was not clearly explained. In the future, I might suggest that you try booking through our website directly; you can find many discounted pricing options and specials with a less strict cancellation policy and that you will receive full HHonors credit for.

Overall, we all really hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and will come back to see us if you are in Denver again in the future. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn & Suites and being a loyal Hilton HHonors member!

Reviewed 31 December 2012

I had stayed at the Hampton Inn a few years ago and had a good stay so I chose to stay there again. Oh how things have changed over time. The beds are worn out (one was very squeaky and another was shaped like a u so you rolled to the middle), my children got stuck in the elevator for 25 minutes and had to be rescued by the fire department because the hotel did not have an emergency key, and the rooms were not clean. The staff was not eager to help and was overheard talking about us behind our back more than once! We also had neighbors who were smoking marijuana and the smoke was coming into our room. When we called down to the front dest the staff said that they would call the room next to us but did nothing about our room filled with smoke!! I do not normally write reviews but thought anyone thinking of staying at this hotel should be made aware of how we were treated and proceed with caution. The location is close to downtown and the breakfast food was good.

2  Thank Gregg H
HISDenverDowntown, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback and cannot apologize enough for your experience. We strive to provide the best in service and amenities and apologize you did not receive that. I understand that someone from your party has recently been in contact with our General Manager and we will do our best to remedy the situation.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Stayed at this location over Christmas with my mother and my husband while in Denver visiting my daughter and was definitely not disappointed. The location is terrific as it is within walking distance to her condo. The included breakfast was nice although be careful about timing as they do close it down at 10 am sharp. We booked one suite as well as one regular double queen. I would have preferred that the rooms had been located nearer to one another but the hotel staff did as much as possible to accommodate us. I appreciated that management gave the cleaning staff Christmas day off to spend with their loved ones as well. We will certainly be booking this location for our future visits to wonderful Denver!

1  Thank gabelle62
HISDenverDowntown, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel from your stay over Christmas! We appreciate you sharing your experience and our staff is thrilled to hear that you had a great holiday at the hotel. The location sounds perfect for your family and we are glad we could offer you all the comforts of home while you were on the road. We look forward to seeing you again soon when you come back to visit your daughter!!

Reviewed 24 December 2012

Stayed here for two nights on the back of a business trip.

Hotel doesn't look like much from the outside and the lobby looks fairly generic but I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The rooms were huge (it had a living room and kitchen) with large tvs in both the living room and bedroom. There was free wifi and the gym was decent as well. The buffet breakfast was pretty decent (mix of hot foods, fruit, toast, cereal etc.).

Location is very good as you're about a 5 - 10 min walk from the main shopping/restaurant district.

Overall, I had a very nice stay and would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites during your visit to Denver! We are all pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and had great customer service from our staff. It is always great to hear that we exceeded your expectations and left you feeling great about your hotel choice. We hope you'll come back to visit us on your next trip to Colorado!

Reviewed 18 December 2012

We had a very nice stay at this hotel last weekend, with a very reasonable rate from hotels.com. The check in was efficient, and Brianna was friendly and helpful, as were all the staff on subsequent days. The room was nice and clean, and the beds were comfortable, as usual for a Hampton. A few specific details that I think are helpful. This hotel doesn't have a large drive through area to check in. There is just a "loading zone" area directly in front where you can park to check in, and/or valet your car. The front desk people also function as valet, so you just take your keys in to them. Valet parking is $20/night with unlimited ins and outs. There is a pay parking lot directly across the street from the hotel, if you wish to park your own car. I believe it costs $10 each time you leave your car there. (We did not use that lot.) The breakfast is a reasonable hotel breakfast - not the best, but not the worst. They offered scrambled eggs both days, and cheese bagels once, sausage, fruits, waffles (make your own), juice, hazelnut and french vanilla creamers for coffee. The croissants were hard and stale, but the fruit was fresh and nice. The shower pressure wasn't strong enough to suit me but my mother thought it was fine. You can occasionally hear the neighbors in the hallway or neighboring rooms, but overall it was quiet and pleasant.

1  Thank kkwinwy
HISDenverDowntown, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback about the Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown! We take pride in our hotel and are glad to know that you were comfortable throughout your stay. We appreciate your sharing the details about breakfast - we always strive to make sure we have fresh, delicious options and plenty of choices for our guests. We truly appreciate you choosing our hotel for your visit in Denver and we hope to see you again!