“[Dining review only] Cool place; early dinner happy hour is a fantastic deal”
Review of The Living Room

The Living Room
Ranked #20 of 165 Nightlife in Denver
Tustin, California
300 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 486 helpful votes
“[Dining review only] Cool place; early dinner happy hour is a fantastic deal”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I came here by myself after a long day of visiting museums downtown, and I really enjoyed the atmosphere, wine and food. The happy hour pricing covered practically everything I wanted to order, so if you want some good drink/food in a lounge atmosphere—while keeping an eye on your budget—definitely check out The Living Room.

The wine menu is extensive and the tapas style food offerings cover enough items to satisfy almost anyone. I made a decent meal out of a salad, two beef sliders and a plateful of olives.

The furnishings are very cool, although made for lounging. I wouldn’t know how to categorize the interior design, but the décor features brick walls punctuated by snippets of Maxfield Parrish art, industrial-type floors, and an exposed ductwork ceiling sporting a chandelier. If you are sure you want to have enough food to approximate a meal, get a place near the wall where the seats are higher and the surface area is more bar-like. There is also an outside seating area where one can watch the foot traffic stroll along Broadway.

I was there too early (6:00 on a Saturday) to enjoy any live music, but there were good techno-funky grooves pumping away while I ate.

The hostesses and wait staff were super friendly and helped me a great deal with my selections (i.e., types of wine, size of portions).

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Jim L

Denver, Colorado
“Sweet!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Great venue with awesome atmosphere. I thought the staff was extremely nice and welcoming. I will definitely go back!

Visited March 2014