“Great choice!”

Ranked #45 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Great choice!”
Reviewed 26 January 2013

This is one of our favorite Hampton Inns. The staff is helpful and friendly and the rooms are comfortable and clean. We've stayed here several times over past 4-5 years and have never been disappointed. Will return!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mommich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed 1 January 2013

I stayed here in October right before GABF. The rooms were clean, the breakfast was decent. It was a very nice surprise given the lower cost for this hotel vs. other downtown hotels. I highly recommend this hotel for the staff as well. One person in particular named Christian was always very helpful, courteous, friendly and went over and above to make sure we were happy. The neighborhood around this hotel is very trendy with excellent food and bars within walking distance. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012
Perth
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Having stayed in a Hampton Inn in Littleton, I was disappointed with this room in particular.
Everything else was very similar to the Hampton Inn in Littleton, except the sound proofing.
My room was 121 and it is next to the board room. Any music or talking can be heard straight through the walls.
I suspect that if I had a room in the higher floors, it would have been fine.
Only a 20 min walk to downtown, so this is a great value for those who are looking to visit downtown Denver.

Room Tip: Avoid the room next to the board room on the ground floor - Room 121.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed here for three nights. I wanted to stay closer in to downtown but all Hilton properties were booked downtown. I was very pleased with this hotel and everything about this Hampton was great. The service was great from everyone especially the front desk employees, Jake and Marcus. The breakfast was good and I love the 24 hour coffee and tea. The location was not ideal to walk downtown but if your willing to walk about a mile and a half it's a nice walk. There are some good restaurants nearby and the front desk has a printout with all nearby walking distance places to eat. The room was huge and had a lot of plugs and USB ports for all your technical devices.

• Stayed November 2012
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 19 October 2012

My company's usual places downtown were all fully booked due to conventions, so this became my base for 4 days. I was really impressed. Room was very quiet and clean despite the hotel being full. Small rounded desk was excellent for 1 person working. Easy printing to the business centre off the lobby.

Breakfast was better than typical. Hot oatmeal was appreciated, plus fresh fruit and yogurt are unusual and also appreciated. One morning I even needed a 'grab and go' breakfast that Hampton provides in a brown bag - nice touch.

Pool and hot tub were nice and typical smaller size for a hotel. I wish the hot tub was hotter but I think that of most tubs. And lawsuits probably prevent it anyways. It was hot, I just like it almost scalding.

Main floor room had a bar sized fridge and a small microwave which gave me an option when restaurant meals were too big or I just wanted to eat in.

What I really appreciated about the room was the large number of outlets! Thank you Hampton Inn! Between personal gadgets, laptops, and a medical device I need more than one or two. This room had 4 between the beds, two on the walls beside each bed, another 3 at the desk, etc. Literally a dozen easily accessible. No moving furniture, unplugging devices, etc. The power centre also had USB ports for charging ... nice.

Overall I really liked the place. It is 2.5 miles from the offices downtown, but I had a car this trip (not always). Getting downtown was very straightforward and simple, about 15 minutes at 8 am. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Highly recommended. Enjoyed the stay. My company may put me up elsewhere next time, but I would recommend the Hampton Inn be put on their list of recommended places.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ShooterBoy97
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 16 October 2012

This hotel is located just west if I-25 at the intersection of Speers and Zuni. I attended a convention at the Colorado Convention Center in downtown Denver CO. The hotels that are within walking distance were all expensive at $200 per night and up, and parking was valet only (for a high fee) in many places. This Hampton Inn is just across I-25 from downtown. You could walk there, but it is probably about a 2 miles walk. Taxi rides were $7 to $10 for 2 people to locations near the convention center. The $20/day in Taxi rides is less than the $100 difference in room rates. There is also a city bus that goes from near the hotel to downtown for $2.25 per person. If you do have a car, parking at the hotel is free, and parking near the convention center is $10 to $20 per day depending on the lot. Two blocks away from the convention center was $10, vs. across the street was $20. The Hampton Inn provided free breakfast every day. It was a hot breakfast with eggs, potatoes, and bacon or sausage, toast options, make your own waffles, fruit, cereals, juices, and yogurts. They had breakfast to go if you didn't have the time. The staff was friendly, and did everything I asked for and more. The room was clean and quiet. The hotel does not have a shuttle of any kind.

Room Tip: Didn't see a difference in the room locations.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Janice V
Schaumburg, IL
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Speer Boulevard in August. We had a comfortable stay. Thanks to the staff, especially the manager, Chris, I believe his name was. He went out of his way to help our stay memorable, as we were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary. The hotel was very clean. It was in close proximity to many other places to visit. Thanks again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple