“Good location; the rooms are clean, but a bit dated.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Speer Boulevard
Ranked #35 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed 6 April 2013

The room was clean and secure, however is was dark and seemed dated. The in room refrigerator was noisy and, when it turned on, made sleeping difficult.I eventually got up and turned it off. The breakfast was good, with a lot of variety.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Jake H, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Speer Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry for the condition of your room and the noise that the fridge made. We are in the process of replacing our older, noisier mini fridges in our rooms. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

I recently stayed here with my mother and aunt. We were in town for a concert at the Pepsi Center. I chose this hotel because we wanted a place with: free parking, free breakfast and near the venue.
I have nothing negative to say and in fact, I was very, very impressed with every aspect of this property.
1st: check in/check out was seemless. The staff was extremely friendly but not fakely so. No mistakes were made and both activities were quick.
2nd the room: The room was right next to a main street. I was concerned about noise because of the level of traffic on this street AND the fact that the property is immediately off of the freeway. I heard nothing of the freeway or the street during the day or at night. I surmise that the property must be extremely well insulated as I didn't hear another guest or door either. It was wonderful.
The beds were firm, a little more so than I prefer but comfortable. There were a variety of pillows to choose from. I brought my own so I can't say how comfy they were but my mom and aunt had no complaints. They said they couldn't spend all day in bed if that tells you anything.
There was a complimentary bottle of water in the room as well as coffee & tea WITH to-go cups.
The bathroom was well stocked, medium sized and nicely appointed. The hot water was ample in the a.m. and p.m.
Now for the ammenities: There is a free 24 hour coffee bar that has every possible thing you can think of; coffee, several kinds of tea, creamers, sugar/sugar substitues, hot water and cocoa. The area was clean and always fully stocked. We drove 8 hours from Billings so we had coffee when we checked in and several times during the next day. We never found anything missing or dirty.
The FREE breakfast bar was one of the best I've ever had a hotel, period. Pick something you like to eat for breakfast and there is a 90% chance that it was there. The breakfast is from 6am-10 and included: scrambled eggs, maple smoked sausage, breakfast potatoes, 3 kinds of cereal, hot oatmeal WITH walnuts, cranberries and brown sugar to top it, a hot waffle iron with fresh batter (and all the topppings), pastries, bagles, bread for toasting, muffins, english muffins, fresh sliced fruit, unsliced fruit, cranberry/apple/orange juices, milk, hard boiled eggs...I can't think of ANYTHING that was missing. The quality of everything we all tried was excellent. This was NOT cafeteria food. I was so impressed.

AND if you didn't have time to partake in the breakfast, the staff had PREPARED grab bags for those on the go. The bags included: bottled water, an apple, a breakfast bar and a muffin. These were also free and plentiful. I've NEVER stayed anywhere that has had something like this and I have stayed at a few 4 star and 1 five star hotel in my time.

The pool and hot tub are open from 6am-midnight and we tried both. The pool is a 5 foot depth model and the hot tub would easily fit 5 people. The water was the perfect temperature and the towels were plentiful.

The fitness area looked nice and was also open 6am-midnight. We didn't go in so I can't say anything else about that.

AND the propery had free laundry. You didn't have to put coins in or anything, just bring your own soap or buy it from the hotel store, onsite. Wow.

We paid $135 w/ all taxes and I'd say it was worth every penny. Stay here and even Scrooge couldn't be disappointed.

Room Tip: This property is an easy 15 minute walk to Pepsi Center. Save youself the parking/traffic hassle and...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank onewickedb
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I was in Denver for work and picked this location and hotel to be close to highways, but still have dining options in walking distance at night. I didn't hear the highway from my room, and I stayed on the side facing downtown.The neighborhood (Highland) is growing but safe at least where I walked. It was a bit more of a walk than I thought to restaurants, but good dining options were available, especially on 32nd Ave. The front staff hand out lists of restaurants and were very helpful about recommendations. This is a new hotel I'm gathering by furnishings and the look of my room. The room was clean and quiet. Breakfast wasn't spectacular, although it was free so can't complain too much. The freshly prepared hot cookies at the end of each day made up for it. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor were especially quiet according to my colleague.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Jake H, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Speer Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Thank you very much for the review. I am glad the hotel was in such a good location for you. We are in a very good area if you're looking for great restaurants. We hope to see you next time you are in Denver, and we'll have some more warm, fresh cookies waiting for you!

Reviewed 17 March 2013

I stayed here while I was in Denver to see a concert on St. Patrick's Day weekend. The hotel is very updated and clean. There's only one entrance and there's always someone at the front desk. The hotel is in a very decent neighborhood and I always felt safe. There are a couple homeless people around, but you'll find them everywhere in Denver - they were never a problem. This hotel is also in walking distance of downtown, the Pepsi Center, Elitch Garden, the concert hall, etc. Just be sure to wear comfy shoes.

The room itself was updated and clean. I had a mini fridge, microwave, and plenty of counterspace. Bed was very comfortable. I also found the front desk staff to be very helpful and friendly. I plan on staying here again when I'm in Denver.

Room Tip: There is a somewhat main street outside. I stayed on the 4th floor and didn't hear anything from...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 February 2013

The hotel had a helpful front desk staff that provided great recommendations for lunches and dinners. There is 24 hour a day hot coffee, tea, and coco available in the lobby. The rooms are spacious with a comfortable coach. The rooms had a microwave and refrigerator and single cup coffee maker. This hotel was about $100 cheaper per night than other hotels near the Denver convention center. The convention center is less than a 10 minute drive from the Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: To avoid street level noise, I suggest that you request a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2013

loved staying here and would stay here again! very clean and hotel staff were very welcoming and accommodating. the complimentary breakfast in the morning has something for everyone and we could even take the breakfast to our room which was very nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HC679
Reviewed 24 February 2013

The reception was staffed by Jake, wearing and smart suit and offering a warm welcome. Located close to I25 and another busy road we were concerned about potential noise. However, our concerns were groundless we couldn't hear traffic in the room. The room and hotel were clean and the bed and pillows very comfortable. Next morning the breakfast was good. Overall, an excellent value, we would stay there again.

Room Tip: 4th floor will be the quietest
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple